Raster's safe food list

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Raster's safe food list

This topic contains 84 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  CanDo 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Veggies:
    Almost all veggies are safe for the diet. The main ones to avoid include one’s high in starch and high in sugar. Examples include potatoes, carrots, corn, peas, etc. Check out http://nutritiondata.self.com/ for nutritional information. This is raster’s modification to able’s diet so it isn’t copyright infringement.

Artichokes
    Arugula
    Asparagus
    Avocados
    Bok Choy
    Broccoli
    Brussels Sprouts
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chard
    Collard Greens
    Cucumbers
    Dandelion Greens
    Eggplant
    Garlic
    Green Bell Peppers
    Green Beans
    Green Sprouts
    Jalapenos
    Jicama
    Kale
    Leeks
    Lettuce
    Mustard Greens
    Okra
    Onions
    *Pumpkin
    Radish
    *Red Peppers
    Rutabaga
    Rhubarb
    Seaweed
    Shallots
    *Spinach (this one is iffy it may cause digestive problems)
    Turnip
    Turnip Greens
    Watercress
    *Yellow Peppers
    Zucchini

Fruits:
    Lemons
    Apricots
    Limes
    Almost all coconut products (including coconut milk, coconut mana, aminos, etc)
    *Tomatoes (this is generally fine in low quantities but do not consume in high quantities)

Sweeteners:
    Stevia

Seeds:
    Hemp Seeds
    Hemp Powder
    Chia Seeds
    Chia Powder
    Buckwheat
    *Flax

Meat:
    Chicken
    Fish
    *Eggs
    *Lamb
    *Turkey
    *Buffalo
    *Wild game

Oils:
    Virgin coconut oil
    Olive Oil
    Sesame Seed Oil
    Ghee (clarified butter)
    Coconut oil
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Apple Cider Vinegar Mustard
    Flax oil (do not use for cooking)

Fermented foods:
    (Almost all fermented foods are safe for the diet, I would avoid ones high in starch and sugar)

Sauerkraut
    *Homemade Kefir
    Kim Chi

Flours:
    *Coconut flour
    *Buckwheat flour
    *Teff flour
    *Oat Bran
    *Rice Bran
    *Almond meal
    *Millet (be very careful because it can affect thyroid)

Stage 2/3 foods:
    These items can cause minor to severe setbacks. When consumed in low quantities, these generally should bring benefit instead of detriment. This list was taken from main website.

Beans:
    *Azuki Beans
    *Black Beans
    *Carob Powder
    *Chickpeas
    *Mung Beans
    *Lentils
    *Lima Beans
    *Pinto Beans
    *Navy Beans
    *Split Peas

Vegetables:
    *Potatoes
    *Carrots
    *Sweet Potatoes
    *Yams
    *Beets
    *Peas
    *Parsnips
    *Yucca
    *Winter Squash

Fruits:
    *Green Apples
    *Pears
    *Grapefruit
    *Blueberries
    *Raspberries
    *Cranberries
    *Huckleberries
    *Blackberries

Nuts:
    Pretty much all nuts are safe in stage 2 except peanuts (peanuts are very very high in mold). You should only consume raw nuts and not roasted nuts. Roasted nuts will contain high levels of saturated fat which can affect the brain and heart. If you do consume raw nuts, be sure to test them out for a period of time before consuming regularly because they will contain molds because they are a dried food item like aged meat, seeds, etc. The best method to remove the molds is to soak the nuts in water for 24 hours.

*This item can cause problems and treat it as a test food item. Everyone is different and it may negatively affect you.

3 users thanked author for this post.

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Thanks Raster man,
    how about apricots for allowed fruits since I’ve noticed you’ve said they’re ok before?
    Very low in sugar too, as long as they’re not dried.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

It’s almost the same as Ables list.
    I miss green paprika. And buckwheat is also a test product (in my case).

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

Thanks Raster!

I always thought that Peppers are included in Stage 1 & I have been consuming them since day 1 .

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Thanks for this Raster. I can’t remember… Was xylitol on Able’s list?

ChinUp
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 24

Jicama is a good vegetable from my experience.

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

Thanks ^^

little_kippling
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Thanks for posting. I am new, but haven’t found an explanation yet: Why is beef not a safe food for the candida diet?

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

beef makes your digestive system sluggish, it takes a couple of days to completely move through you, it also creates ammonia as it is digested in the intestines, making a more ideal environment for candida. I noticed when I cut beef out I was able to pass food through my system quickly and felt way better. Same with other meats, I’m pretty much vegetarian now and feel way better.

jameskep
    Participant
    Replies: 220

Not a fan of xylitol with my experience:

Side Effects of Xylitol
    Xylitol is basically used for oral health. It is an alcohol basically and if the alcohol is not digested, it can lead to gastric and diarrhea. If your intake of xylitol is very high it may lead to hypoglycemia or low blood sugar.

Xylitol can have laxative effects, if consumed in large doses. Diarrhea and gas are common side effects of xylitol. Very high doses of xylitol given in IV is known to cause high uric acid levels in blood. These high levels of uric acid can cause kidney stones. There are chances of changes in liver function tests and high level of blood acidity.

In case of substandard purification techniques used for xylitol extracted from birch trees, they may cause very rare cases of allergies in people. In case of allergic reaction, the symptoms include itching, hives, skin rash, wheezing, breathing difficulty and swelling in mouth and throat. These allergies are very, very rare instances of xylitol side effects.

xylitol:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1746703#i

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

Are red and yellow peppers too sweet?

Danny33
    Replies: 362

Very solid list.

But I do agree Xylitol should not make the list. While it is very tasty, far too many people react to it. Myself included.

shenue
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

I’m wondering about the beef issue also. The ‘candida diet’ has it on the ‘foods to eat’ list. http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm It is a bit confusing. I hope it is ok. I just had some for dinner. I am at the start of my journey to rid myself of candida. Have been on the diet and taking probiotics for about a month. I just learned about the anti-candida supplements such as olive leaf extract and have ordered some today. Keeping my fingers crossed that as I go along and learn and implement more changes that I too can beat this thing. It is a miserable bugger.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would avoid beef because it takes 2+ days to digest whereas chicken and fish take hours to digest. This can lead to constipation which needs to be avoided. Beef also contains high levels of microbes which don’t benefit your health.

-raster

Fylgia
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 23

Maybe I’m being a little dense here, but why’s an apricot ok to eat in phase one instead of a test food? Apricots taste a good amount of sweet to me, and I thought no fruits accept lime and lemon were allowed?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Raster's safe food list’ is closed to new replies.