Raster's Leaky Gut List

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Raster's Leaky Gut List

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi all – hopefully I’m not make this up! I seem to remember raster put a list together about different supplements that can help leaky gut and now I can’t find it!!

I was pretty sure I read that Slippery Elm can assist with leaky gut as well, so I bought some. Problem is I am not sure when to take it – someone also said it can stop the absorption of other vitamins/minerals, is that true?

Anyone with the link please repost. Thanks.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I would be interested in this too please?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Yes, I remember! How could I forget, it was on my personal log with my experiences using an alternative medicine on the advice section of this forum. Got locked, but found Rasters tips. Here:

Hello Chris,

I hear you on your justifications for eating your diet, but there are other alternative foods that have great nutritional properties that are on the allowed foods list.

I also have started to eat more fruit to heal leaky gut. I am 9 months into the diet so I feel that its safe to say that I won’t experience much drawback from the fruit at this point.

If you want to prevent future reactions from fruit or other foods than you need to heal leaky gut. Antifungals won’t prevent this problem, they only will kill the candida that has grown from the foods you eat. To heal leaky gut, you need to eat foods that contain FOS, and there are many foods that contain FOS on the allowed foods list:

-artichokes
    -oat bran
    -inulin (aka miracle fiber)
    -stevia
    and more…

You also need to reduce inflammation of the gut in order to heal leaky gut. You need to eat anti-inflammatory foods basically. The foods you are choosing to eat are inflammatory and so it won’t make it any better. Veggies and fruits are generall anti-inflammatory, so is salmon and broccoli. Fermented cod liver oil is highly anti-inflammatory and contains prebiotic properties as well.

There are lots of supplements you can take to heal leaky gut as well:

There are ways to heal leaky gut:

Glutamine is fairly effective to heal leaky gut. Its main plus is that it helps reduce problems associated with sugar sensitivity and sugar allergies.

Cinnamon pearls.

Inulin and foods with FOS are an easy way to help heal leaky gut; get some inulin (aka miracle fiber) and sprinkle it on the foods that you eat (or in foods that you bake). It heals leaky gut as well.

Other ones:
    Grape bitters (or other bitters)
    Digestive enzymes (I take one called pro-gest)

And there are more! Here’s dvgorge’s list from another post:

There are a lot of supplements that can help to repair the intestinal lining.
    The first thing is to correct what is causing it including chronic stress.
    If you have a pathogenic overgrowth in the intestines or an intolerance such as gluten intolerance the lining won’t repair until you addressed it.

Slyppery Elm.
    Aloe Vera
    Omega 3
    N Acetyl Cysteine.
    DGL
    Vitamin E
    L. Glutamine.
    N.A.G
    Colostrum
    Bee Pollen
    Probiotics
    Prebiotics
    L-Histedine

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

MSM is often recommended for healing the gut too. It’s supposed to help inflamed mucous membranes.

sammcl

When would you guys recommend taking Slippery Elm?

With my other supplements and minerals?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

sammcl wrote: When would you guys recommend taking Slippery Elm?

You make a mucousy tea out of it, so you can drink it whenever I guess. You need to make sure you get a good amount of water though, since it also acts as a bulking laxative like flaxseed. I believe it’s the mucilage that does that, and it’s really good for cleaning the old crud out of your bowels and improving the quality of your stool.

sammcl

Javizy wrote:

You make a mucousy tea out of it, so you can drink it whenever I guess. You need to make sure you get a good amount of water though, since it also acts as a bulking laxative like flaxseed. I believe it’s the mucilage that does that, and it’s really good for cleaning the old crud out of your bowels and improving the quality of your stool.

I’ve got the capsule form mate…

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

sammcl wrote:

Hahahaha considering the previous post, smart move Sam!!!

Arijana

sammcl

orka1998 wrote:

Hahahaha considering the previous post, smart move Sam!!!

Arijana

Your not wrong there haha!!

sammcl

Sorry wanted to re-ask in-case anyone missed the question; when should I take slippery elm and how much.

Thanks, Sam

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

sammcl wrote: Sorry wanted to re-ask in-case anyone missed the question; when should I take slippery elm and how much.

The herb, slippery elm, is usually available in 250 or 500 mg capsules or tablets. I always recommend the capsules filled with the herb or powder since this seems to be the purest form. The research says you can take a total of 750 to 1500 mg daily in doses separated by at least eight hours.

If you use the powder form which is probably the purest form, you should mix one part slippery elm powder to eight parts of water. Boil the mixture and then simmer it for 15 minutes. You can drink up to four ounces at a time and up to three times a day. I always recommend using a wooden spoon when mixing both kefir and an herbal powder mix.

This herb is also useful with breaking up mucous and phlegm, digestive problems including acid reflux, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, and diverticulitis.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Raster's Leaky Gut List’ is closed to new replies.