Raster's coconut/teff/buckwheat/almond flour bread (with picture!)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Raster's coconut/teff/buckwheat/almond flour bread (with picture!)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Teff bread recipe (double sized batch – one loaf):

I found that this one seems to be the best out of all of the loafs I have made, I really love the texture and how it comes out:

1 cup teff flour
    1 cup buckwheat flour
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 to 1/4 cup almond meal flour (depends on thickness of the batter, the eggs vary in amount of liquid)
    *note all of these flours use a dry cup for measurements

11 eggs, 1 cup olive oil (liquid cup), 1.5 teaspoon baking soda, 1.5 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt.

Cook 350 degrees 55-65 minutes.

Note: The almond meal is optional, it just makes it a little more fluffy and not as hard in texture.

Originally modified from able900’s coconut bread recipe.

How to make? Crack the eggs open and put into big bowl. Whisk the eggs. Add in baking soda and salt and mix. Then add 1 cup by 1 cup of flour and mix after each cup. Once done put in bread pan.

Good sandwich bread. Good tasting. Very filling! Best taste with coconut oil on it (melted or not). I eat 2 slices per day. Last about 6-7 days with it covered in the fridge with saranwrap. Takes about 15 minutes to make if you are quick.

-raster

Foodie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

The break sounds amazing! Thanks for posting the recipe… I’ve been making bread now for the past year and one of the things I like most about it (aside from saving money) is the way the fresh smell of baked bread lingers in my condo for the next few hours. Delicious. I recently began substituting Himalayan Pink Sea Salt in all my recipes for Murray River Salt that comes from Australia. It has a pinkish hue, but it’s flakier and more delicate. (procured from http://www.beyondtheshaker.com) Thanks again for posting… I’ll try it this week!

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Christ, Raster. 11 eggs?? How big is the loaf?

raster
    Participant

Its a double batch. Its about 12 slices or so (each one a few cm thick). I eat 2 slices per day and make it once a week. It looks like a regular loaf of wheat bread and comes out rather tall. I will try to post a pic by the end of the week, just need to get it off my camera.

-raster

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

is sorghum flour ok for the diet? what all flours are ok? i know coconut, almond, oat bran, and buckwheat.

i see teff and millet… are there others?

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Hey Raster..is that almond meal or almond flour? There seems to be a difference.

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

I have found when making the coconut bread that if you add water until the batter reaches the consistency of a quick bread (like banana bread) that the texture of the coconut bread is much better. It even rises a little more.

raster
    Participant

It’s almond meal and not almond flour, sorry about the confusion.

-raster

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

I can’t eat eggs. Is there a way to make with a substitute ?

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

Raster, what is the best way to store this bread? Since it makes two loaves, can one be kept in the freezer or would that ruin the bread? Would keeping the loaf (or loaves) in the fridge be sufficient?

raster
    Participant

It’s one loaf:

goingnatural

Any idea of what the nutrition facts are per slice of this??

goingnatural

Raster —

Which brand baking powder do you use? Link?

P.S. Mine is cooking in the oven right now. Smells good, but I purchased baking soda by accident!

raster
    Participant

I use baking soda with the bread and haven’t used baking powder with the bread. I don’t know the nutritional information with the bread, you would have to calculate it based on the back of the flours, eggs, olive oil, etc.

I am unsure how it comes out with baking soda vs. baking powder. I know with the coconut bread it made a big difference (baking soda it came out less fluffy).

Update: I just noticed that I accidently listed baking powder as an ingredient in the recipe and I don’t use it anymore. I apologize, but this recipe works best with baking soda.

-raster

raster
    Participant

I am happy you like it s., its been part of my treatment for the last 6 months and is an important part of my diet. I agree that it tastes good and want to experiment more with teff to see what else I can make. I guess there’s a teff flat bread but I think it requires yeast. The bakers yeast may be ok, but I don’t want to take any chances.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Raster's coconut/teff/buckwheat/almond flour bread (with picture!)’ is closed to new replies.