Rasters 25 g sugar rule and a question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rasters 25 g sugar rule and a question

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Raster,
    how do you keep the 25g sugar rule and still eating enough to have full nutrition?
    Some of our greens are going quickly over the 25g sugar rule if one ones to keep it.
    I was eating from your food allowed list without checking how much, but if I would continue to eat the amount of greens like I do, I am always over the rule.

Has anybody little more background to how much sugar is ok? I dont mean with this the sugar some people pile into their coffee. What I am talking about is the sugar in vegetables. What are the candida gururs in their books writing about that?

thank you
    Thomas

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I try to pick and choose what vegetables I eat together. I know some are higher in sugar than others so I try to only have a little of the higher ones and mix in the lower ones so that I get enough to eat.

For example, I know cabbage and eggplant have more sugar than others so I only eat them a couple times a week.

I also keep in mind that certain foods (broccoli and asparagus to name a few) are also prebiotics that feed the probiotics we are eating/taking. I think makes it more important to eat than to avoid because of its sugar content.

Since we are already limiting ourselves a lot with this diet, I wouldn’t avoid certain vegetables because of how much sugar they have. As long as you don’t get any reactions, a small amount shouldn’t feed the candida. Plus we need a variety to get nutrients.

You do want to be careful how much of your 25 grams is sugar from foods like yogurt/kefir (if you are eating those currently). Those can easily up your sugar content quickly.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I’ve never found a researched-proven minimum amount of sugar that’s considered safe for a Candida diet. I suppose it’s often left up to the individual doctors to give their patients an educated (hopefully) guess as far as a safe amount.

Personally, I never counted a single gram of sugar the entire time I was on the treatment, and yet managed to cure the infestation. I think we just need to use our common sense when eating; we all know that the Candida feed on sugar, so we just avoid it where it’s obvious.

You’re all aware that some vegetables contain more sugar than others, so one shouldn’t eat these vegetables which include potatoes, carrots, corn, peas, and beets. The next in line are plantains, winter squash, parsnips, beets and other root vegetables. This root category includes rutabaga, of course, but the fact that it contains such powerful antifungal properties negates the sugar factor. I used rutabagas as part of my treatment every day during the infestation and still managed to reach a complete cure quicker than most cases.

Green, leafy vegetables contain less sugar than others because of the fiber they contain. Plus, the sugar from leafy vegetables is slowly distributed through our blood stream so our body uses up very quickly.

Just for general info; Kirsty, I understand your reasoning with cabbage, however, this is another vegetable I also ate every day either raw or cooked as it’s just about my favorite vegetable, and I knew I wouldn’t grow tired of it.

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote: I’ve never found a researched-proven minimum amount of sugar that’s considered safe for a Candida diet. I suppose it’s often left up to the individual doctors to give their patients an educated (hopefully) guess as far as a safe amount.

Personally, I never counted a single gram of sugar the entire time I was on the treatment, and yet managed to cure the infestation. I think we just need to use our common sense when eating; we all know that the Candida feed on sugar, so we just avoid it where it’s obvious.

You’re all aware that some vegetables contain more sugar than others, so one shouldn’t eat these vegetables which include potatoes, carrots, corn, peas, and beets. The next in line are plantains, winter squash, parsnips, beets and other root vegetables. This root category includes rutabaga, of course, but the fact that it contains such powerful antifungal properties negates the sugar factor. I used rutabagas as part of my treatment every day during the infestation and still managed to reach a complete cure quicker than most cases.

Green, leafy vegetables contain less sugar than others because of the fiber they contain. Plus, the sugar from leafy vegetables is slowly distributed through our blood stream so our body uses up very quickly.

Just for general info; Kirsty, I understand your reasoning with cabbage, however, this is another vegetable I also ate every day either raw or cooked as it’s just about my favorite vegetable, and I knew I wouldn’t grow tired of it.

Able

Thank you Able for the info. I got curious to ask you if you too suffered from Leaky gut and allergies? I found it still difficult to heal one, fight the other and read the signs of the battle. I noticed that sauerkraut is a powerful healer, but I react to it and dont know why. I believe it must be the leaky gut and allergies reacting. But it should be good for me. When I read all the posts here in the forum I get the impression that I am stupid or I am the only one falling into a catch 22 situation all the time. I need to eat a lot organic eggs because I reacted to organic chicken. But organic eggs should be good for us and allowed food. Here again I believe the leaky gut is spooking the life out of me. It looks like I can eat fish but twice a week is a bit to few times if I cant have chicken and eggs. So the carousel of difficulties is turning around and around for me.

Did you have a leaky gut?

cheers and thanks
    Thomas

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Personally I’ve learned that any kind of effort is better than no effort. Effort always rewards itself is some sort of way. When I try to reduce the sugar is whatever way seems best at the time, my brain fog lifts, and I don’t know if it’s a feeling of the endorfins running stronger, or what, but since I’ve been working on my candida, my brain fog is my quickest body thermometer that tells me I’m doing something right.
    Physical symptoms aren’t good, don’t get me wrong, but the ability to think clearly for me is a big deal.
    Does anybody feel this way when then feel they’ve regulated they’re sugar better on some days than others.
    Another thing I do, and it’s more of a mental fix, something along the lines of what Able was saying, in that there’s no fixed sugar amount listed per vege. So if I feel I might have gone over my limit of sugar from veges, I just do a sugar killing herb like Gynema from R U Ved, (at all health food stores). Gymema is a metabolic support with these herbs as a blend, Gynema,Vijaysar,Holy Basil,Bitter Melon, and Neem, along with Biotin, Betaine-HD, and Chromium nicotinate. What it does exactly to kill sugar, I don’t know, but I do know the founder of this company and am not in any way pushing their product, but know them to make the freshest herbs on the market. Many herbs have their dates set way up for shelf life and the herb becomes dead with no life in it for enzymes, but these guys have been tested and your can smell the freshness in the herbs. I’m pretty sure its in the cap, which is vege, but made very well. Anyhow if it kills sugar, one would think it would help to erase an overage in sugar from too much vege combos.
    Or anti-fungals to fight any overages in sugar if one thinks there are any. Has anybody done that?

Able900
    Spectator

Jeremiah wrote: Personally I’ve learned that any kind of effort is better than no effort. Effort always rewards itself is some sort of way.

Understood if you’re having a highly varied diet which isn’t the wisest decision anyway during a Candida infestation. But what’s the point of counting sugar grams if everyday all you’re eating is green vegetables, organic eggs, yogurt/kefir, a piece or two of coconut bread, not gaining or losing more weight and the infestation is not growing worse?

Jeremiah wrote: When I try to reduce the sugar is whatever way seems best at the time, my brain fog lifts…

When brain fog is mild and grows worse, you’ve either added more of the foods or sugar that feed the Candida, or you’ve eaten or taken something that has destroyed more Candida resulting in die-off symptoms.
    There’s a reason for everything, whether we’re aware of the reason or not.

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote:

Personally I’ve learned that any kind of effort is better than no effort. Effort always rewards itself is some sort of way.

Understood if you’re having a highly varied diet which isn’t the wisest decision anyway during a Candida infestation. But what’s the point of counting sugar grams if everyday all you’re eating is green vegetables, organic eggs, yogurt/kefir, a piece or two of coconut bread, not gaining or losing more weight and the infestation is not growing worse?

Jeremiah wrote: When I try to reduce the sugar is whatever way seems best at the time, my brain fog lifts…

When brain fog is mild and grows worse, you’ve either added more of the foods or sugar that feed the Candida, or you’ve eaten or taken something that has destroyed more Candida resulting in die-off symptoms.
    There’s a reason for everything, whether we’re aware of the reason or not.

Able

Hmm, what about my case. I had brain fog for nearly 2 month constantly think about you having one glass of strong red wine. That was me without the alcohol. Now when I broke down on the diet and had some fruit and got sugar in me the brain fog lifted away and I am clear. How to read these symptoms in that context? Before I was thinking that I eased the battle and got a break in the die-off therefore the brain-fog lifted. Any thoughts?

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas wrote: I had brain fog for nearly 2 month constantly think about you having one glass of strong red wine. That was me without the alcohol. Now when I broke down on the diet and had some fruit and got sugar in me the brain fog lifted away and I am clear.

Hello, Thomas

During the strict part of your diet, you were destroying Candida on a daily basis thus continually creating toxins leading to the die-off symptoms. When you broke the diet by feeding the Candida, in reality stopping the treatment, then the Candida feasted on their food source once again, therefore the population ceased to die and the brain fog stemming from die-off of dead and dying Candida also ceased.

If you want to experience milder die-off symptoms, you can just stop all of the antifungals, without feeding the Candida.

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote:

I had brain fog for nearly 2 month constantly think about you having one glass of strong red wine. That was me without the alcohol. Now when I broke down on the diet and had some fruit and got sugar in me the brain fog lifted away and I am clear.

Hello, Thomas

During the strict part of your diet, you were destroying Candida on a daily basis thus continually creating toxins leading to the die-off symptoms. When you broke the diet by feeding the Candida, in reality stopping the treatment, then the Candida feasted on their food source once again, therefore the population ceased to die and the brain fog stemming from die-off of dead and dying Candida also ceased.

If you want to experience milder die-off symptoms, you can just stop all of the antifungals, without feeding the Candida.

Able

yes, I thought this too Able! Thank you!
    I noticed in my case, even the strongest will gets broken when the infestation is a long standing. I need to take it slowly or it will kill me. I never experienced such a mess up state in my life. Better it takes a long time but controlled.

all the best yours
    thomas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rasters 25 g sugar rule and a question’ is closed to new replies.