Raster…. Question regarding Aspergillosis vs Candida.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Raster…. Question regarding Aspergillosis vs Candida.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Smitty99 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

Hey raster, hope all is well!

I figured you might have some insight on this since your candida came from a mold issue at home too. I was doing some research today on aspergillus and learned that it is commonly found in foam mattresses which is what I strongly believe made me sick in the first place.

For all who don’t know. I slept on foam mattress that was unknowingly infested with black mold.

What are the possibilities that I have aspergillus in my sinuses/ears/throat and not candida? Because I’ve read aspergillus loves these parts of the body. If that’s the case than the diflucan and nystatin I’m taking are practically useless. Fluconazole unfortunately doesn’t target aspergillus….

It would also make sense because I’ve had pretty much no success with my sinuses, ears and throat with the myriad of different natural antifungals I’ve taken.

I’m wondering if I should switch off the diflucan (fluconazole) and switch to itraconazole which is a broader spectrum antifungal and actually kills aspergillus as well.

I’d love to have your opinion on this, do you think my concerns are warranted in this case? and do you have anything to add about aspergillus infecting sinuses/ears/throat.

It scares me to think I may have that stuff instead of the candida in my sinuses. From what I read, it may be worse than candida.

Thanks raster!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have no idea. If you are still living in the infested home of yours then it could still be making you sick. Since its a different type of mold/fungus, most regular antifungals should kill it. I think your sinuses are likely related to your tooth problem combined with mold, yeast, and whatever else has overgrown in the body.

-raster

Smitty99

raster;50562 wrote: I have no idea. If you are still living in the infested home of yours then it could still be making you sick. Since its a different type of mold/fungus, most regular antifungals should kill it. I think your sinuses are likely related to your tooth problem combined with mold, yeast, and whatever else has overgrown in the body.

-raster

Thanks raster. I’m going to give the diflucan at least a couple weeks before I decide if it’s being effective or not. I realize it’s not going to happen overnight and some need months of treatment with diflucan.

I am noticing my ears are getting a tad plugged up? Could it be die off or signs that diflucan is killing something in my ears?

That would be good news cause it would mean it is candida in my sinuses and ears.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing I posted in a different thread is that s. boulardii might bring benefit if you do have aspergillus…someone linked to a study about it.

-raster

Smitty99

raster;50597 wrote: One thing I posted in a different thread is that s. boulardii might bring benefit if you do have aspergillus…someone linked to a study about it.

-raster

I’ve been considering s boulardii actually. Stovariste is trying it right now.

Do u know if I can take it while on antifungals?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Raster…. Question regarding Aspergillosis vs Candida.’ is closed to new replies.