raster, opinion regarding prescription antifungals.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions raster, opinion regarding prescription antifungals.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sophie 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

All opinions welcome

raster, I recently found a website that sells nystatin/fluconazole powder as a dietary supplement. I’m wondering which would be the best to try in my case. I know self medicating isn’t really the preferred method but finding a doctor who believes in candida is impossible. 8 doctors later and I’ve given up and realize I’m only going to beat this on my own. My province doesn’t allow naturopaths to prescribe drugs either.

Anyway from the little that I do know, I know that nystatin is the safer of the two antifungals as it isn’t absorbed into the liver. However it isn’t a systemic antifungal neither and a lot of my issues seem to be in my sinuses and throat. So to me the benefits of the nystatin is that it’s safer especially without the supervision of a doctor to test my liver regularly but I’m worried it won’t kill the candida in my sinuses. It is 110 dollars and comes as Nystatin USP Powder 500MU. Says you dissolve 1/8 teaspoon in a 4 oz glass of water.

The fluconazole comes in a 25 gram form of powder and is 159 dollars. It also is a form used as oral suspension I’m assuming. Although it is to be diluted in water, I’m assuming it would contain the same systemic characteristic since the active drug is diflucan.

I’m leaning towards the nystatin as it’s a safer choice and if it didn’t work I could always order the fluconazole down the road.

What do you think?

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d get dvjorge’s advice on it (or do a search on the forum about his posts). He feels you need both drugs at the same time and should do enema’s with them. You’ll need to take them long term as well.

-raster

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Smitty99;49642 wrote: All opinions welcome

I know self medicating isn’t really the preferred method but finding a doctor who believes in candida is impossible. 8 doctors later and I’ve given up and realize I’m only going to beat this on my own. My province doesn’t allow naturopaths to prescribe drugs either.

Anyway from the little that I do know, I know that nystatin is the safer of the two antifungals as it isn’t absorbed into the liver. However it isn’t a systemic antifungal neither and a lot of my issues seem to be in my sinuses and throat. So to me the benefits of the nystatin is that it’s safer especially without the supervision of a doctor to test my liver regularly but I’m worried it won’t kill the candida in my sinuses. It is 110 dollars and comes as Nystatin USP Powder 500MU. Says you dissolve 1/8 teaspoon in a 4 oz glass of water.

The fluconazole comes in a 25 gram form of powder and is 159 dollars. It also is a form used as oral suspension I’m assuming. Although it is to be diluted in water, I’m assuming it would contain the same systemic characteristic since the active drug is diflucan.

I’m leaning towards the nystatin as it’s a safer choice and if it didn’t work I could always order the fluconazole down the road.

What do you think?

Thanks

It’s not impossible to find a doctor, you just have to know where to look. The holistic MDs will treat people for Candida. I used this web site to find a holistic MD near me:

Functional Medicine Practitioner Search

I am now on Nystatin and Lamisil, and making good progress. I did a quick search in Canada with the above web page and found many MDs.

Nystatin is very safe since hardly any of it gets absorbed into your system. With Fluconazole, you need to monitor your liver.

I have sinus issues as well. In my case, as far as I can tell, it’s not because Candida is actually living in my sinuses, but because of my systemic immune response to all the Candida toxins being dumped into my body from the Candida overgrowth in my gut. As I have made progress with the anti-fungals, my sinus congestion has also been improving.

Cheers,
    CS

Smitty99

It’s not impossible to find a doctor, you just have to know where to look. The holistic MDs will treat people for Candida. I used this web site to find a holistic MD near me:

Functional Medicine Practitioner Search

I am now on Nystatin and Lamisil, and making good progress. I did a quick search in Canada with the above web page and found many MDs.

Nystatin is very safe since hardly any of it gets absorbed into your system. With Fluconazole, you need to monitor your liver.

I have sinus issues as well. In my case, as far as I can tell, it’s not because Candida is actually living in my sinuses, but because of my systemic immune response to all the Candida toxins being dumped into my body from the Candida overgrowth in my gut. As I have made progress with the anti-fungals, my sinus congestion has also been improving, and I don’t treat my sinuses with anything at all. I am only treating my gut.

Cheers,
    CS

Thank you for that response and that is very interesting insight about the sinuses. You could very well be right and it does make sense because I feel inflammation of a similar sense in all different parts of my body including my legs so it would make sense that my sinuses are also doing the same thing.

I think I’m going to add the nystatin to my tool kit for now as it seems to be the safest and continue to use it along with my natural antifungals.

My sinuses don’t seem to have any fluid in them, just very inflamed.

sophie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

There’s lots of information out there on the connection between candida and sinus problems –
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/74040-candida-sinuses-symptoms/

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Same here — no fluid.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

candida_sucks;49649 wrote:

Same here — no fluid.

Jup. No fluid here most of the time.

sophie;49648 wrote: http://www.livestrong.com/article/74040-candida-sinuses-symptoms/

I once had the posterior nosebleeds they are talking about for 2 weeks or so. It stopped automatically. I have a severe dust mite allergy and use cortisones. This happened when I was in a very dusty environment (somewhere on vacation) and run out of nasal spray.

Smitty99;49642 wrote: My province doesn’t allow naturopaths to prescribe drugs either.

The whole prescription drug thingy is a total failure imho. Prescription drugs should be freely available and should come with a warning if necessary. People are not stupid.
    Maybe you can try out the more ‘alternative’ websites ;).

Smitty99

TheChosenOne;49651 wrote:
    The whole prescription drug thingy is a total failure imho. Prescription drugs should be freely available and should come with a warning if necessary. People are not stupid.
    Maybe you can try out the more ‘alternative’ websites ;).

I actually did find a website that sells powder form of fluconazole and nystatin so I think I’m going to try the nystatin.

I’ve done a TON of nasal rinses with everything under the sun and felt no relief so it seems to tell me it probably is pure inflammation. It doesn’t necessarily mean there is candida in the sinuses, just possibly inflamed cause your gut is inflamed. I’ve heard there is a direct connection between the gun and sinuses or was that colon? I can’t remember.

The website I found in Canada is able to sell it as a dietary supplement, maybe because it’s in powder form.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One problem with the prescription antifungals is they just kill the candida. They don’t do anything about improving your gut flora, improving your digestion, etc. If you get constipated again and don’t treat yourself well, you could just get ill again in the future. It’s all about preventing a relapse if at all possible.

-raster

Smitty99

raster;49653 wrote: One problem with the prescription antifungals is they just kill the candida. They don’t do anything about improving your gut flora, improving your digestion, etc. If you get constipated again and don’t treat yourself well, you could just get ill again in the future. It’s all about preventing a relapse if at all possible.

-raster

I’ve been really pounding the probiotics to me lately, especially with all the antibiotics I’ve taken in the last 4 months. I had surgery on Friday and it seems to have been successful. THe cyst they cut out above my molar was one of the biggest they’ve ever seen. It left a large hole I guess. They were actually taking pictures for future reference. It was an apico surgery if anyone is wondering.

I’m not sure how that large bacterial infection relates to my Candida if at all. I’m sure it put a beating on my immune system with it constantly sending T cells to fight that infection so hopefully it will allow my immune system to rebound and help with the candida. My family now all thinks my sinus and throat issues were from the bacterial cyst. I don’t believe it because if that were the case, why didn’t the antibiotics ever improve my sinuses/throat? If anything they got worse. Tells me it’s candida related.

Good advice on the constipation though. That’s one thing that really hurt me in the beginning. Because of all my die off I was barely going to the bathroom once every other day and I was trying every natural laxative. My bathroom regularity has improved quite a bit. I usually go twice a day but if I don’t, I will use an enema to clean myself out as a backup which works wonders.

When I get the nystatin, I’m going to use it both ways and I have the innate response probiotics coming which is a 14 strain with dds-1. In a couple weeks I’m really going to attack this with guns a blazing. I’m just focusing on resting right now after the surgery though. Don’t want to overdo it.

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

Would you care to share the Website in Canada which is selling Nystatin É

I am taking the sweet Sucrose version of Nystatin for a few weeks now & it does help me at least with my mouth & throat issues.

Smitty99

Beat Candida;49655 wrote: Would you care to share the Website in Canada which is selling Nystatin É

I am taking the sweet Sucrose version of Nystatin for a few weeks now & it does help me at least with my mouth & throat issues.

http://fludan.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=65_43&products_id=1859

I’ve yet to order through this website yet but I plan on doing so this week. I’ve read on curezone that people have ordered successfully from this site so just as a word of caution. I cannot endorse this site fully until I complete a transaction with them but everything looks on the up and up and like I said, I found this site through curezone.

They also have a powder form of fluconazole too but I’m a little hesitant to try that.

sophie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

Is that real nystatin? I mean would it be the generic form, or some form from another manufacturer?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘raster, opinion regarding prescription antifungals.’ is closed to new replies.