Raster, advice? Others can chime!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Raster, advice? Others can chime!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dorimt 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Hi Raster,
    I am writing this because I am just seeking your advice, and appreciate the help.

I appreciate everything you have done for me, but I feel like some things need to change. I have been considering finding a different doctor to work with. As much as I enjoy talking to Bernie (he is very knowledgeable), I am finding it hard to work with him for me, due to the distance. I think that is why it has become hard at times to treat me. I don’t know if he has had problems with other people due to this, with a remote location.

Bernie has given me lots of great advice, but then other things I find just do not work for me. I think he does get frustrated with me sometimes because I find other alternatives that work just as well that are different. Like some of the standard process products, I found another company that makes supplements, similar to sp; however, all of them are gluten and dairy free, biotics research. I actually think that makes a difference for me. I didn’t make the connection until this year. Now, I am not dissing sp supplements, they are very good, and some have helped me that he has suggested, such as cholacol, min-tran for awhile (till I found out the extra iodine bothers me), betafood, and a couple others. However, I watch very closely what is in my supplements as well.

Like I mentioned, between you and Bernie, I have learned so much, how important it is to heal other parts of my body to go along with treating candida. This year I believe I have been making strides on focusing on healing my cortisol levels. I still get mood swings, like a girl, but I believe I am working on it. He has given me some good supplements on calming me down, and I try to focus on that, because I know if I don’t focus on cortisol levels, my digestive system acts up more. Then, I start doing crazy things!

Also, I mentioned that other things make me frustrated because I know he says it is the microbes, fighting, killing, and I try to go slow on some of these things, but it just continues to make me worse. I think I am always going to be different, just due to the fact that I have gastroparesis/no colon.

Plus, due to the remote location, (I know he wants me to contact him as soon as something acts up), but by the time I feel I do, then it gets here, I feel better.

I do appreciate all this great advice he has given me that has helped, like some pleo’s (others make me feel bad): pleo ex, pleo citro, pleo form. Pleo fort, trich, san coli make me feel so bad! Other things that have been great are juniper berry, some homepathetics (nux vomica, and couple others for joint pain, since I found out I have osteopenia).

I feel I have made good strides in treating myself, and I know I still fall at times, because I feel good, then mess it up, and get down because it take a couple days to get back on track. However, I know I still got to work on issues because I would like to still include more things in my diet, mainly fruit. I can still only treat myself with blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries every once in awhile.

I do think it became harder to treat me, and for the fact, I am not dissing Able, but I think he might have made me worse, when I tried to listen to every single thing he said. I think it damaged my liver, and other organs more!

So, I am starting to compile a list to fax to Bernie by the end of the week of all the things that I have tried, he has prescribed, or other alternatives that have worked or not worked. Then, we can evaluate on what to do, whether to continue treatment with him, or if it would be better for me to consult with somebody that I can actually meet here locally.

Also, it keeps on worrying me, think it stresses me out more, about money. I already cut back on my consults with him to every couple months, and so many things have came up in the past year, extra bills. Ahhh! I like to feel good with diet, and some supplements, I can tell, if I miss them, I start to get grouchy, and not feel as good.

I conclude by saying that if I change doctors, could you make sure to help me find a good one that is just as knowledgable as Bernie. I hate to lose track with him, but it is just hard to communicate through a remote location, I find. I hope if after I talk to him at the end of the month, we can come to a good conclusion on what to do. What do you think is the best thing for me? Others can chime in, too. I would appreciate the advice! Thanks forum.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well Bernie knows a lot of ND’s around the US and so he might know of someone else in your area that is good.

I think you are in more of a difficult situation with no colon, etc.

Pleo ex makes me feel pretty bad when I take it, gives me really bad die-off. However after a few days or a few weeks of taking it, I can tolerate a higher dose without side effects. I have stopped it because I want to take it after I take boulardii (gonna try it soon I think) and hopefully heavily damage the yeast numbers. I think the ones that make you feel bad means that these are ones in high numbers…so you should try to take smaller doses of it if at all possible.

You likely could benefit from someone who can meet you in person just so they can do acupuncture. Bernie’s other big skill is acupuncture and this can be done in conjunction with the supplements for maximum effect. It’ll help you recover from your setbacks faster.

The spanish blood test will make everything easier for him. He places people into 4 categories and then into some sub-categories after that. I am in this mineral problem category of his where I may develop osteperosis, etc. later in life. The spanish blood test will reveal what parasites, viruses, microbes, etc. you are infected with. It’ll mention other things such as conditions of organs, etc. Then he can give you the dr. pascual remedies that are simply amazing (centuries old). The one I have been able to try helped get my gums to grow back (the roots of my teeth started to get exposed but no longer a problem). The Dr. Pascual guy is a genius and there is a whole line of remedies he created that are available nowhere outside of bernies office. These might be more effective than the pleo remedies. But the test is like $500+…

If you don’t want the pleo ex, I am dying for a 2nd bottle of it! The pleo remedies got banned by the FDA as of now so bernie has to find alternatives.

So bernie is kind of more or less guessing how to treat you and its kind of like an experiment with each patient. He has a set plan but its likely on 75% or less of what it could be if he had the spanish blood test.

If you stopped the remedies he has prescribed, then you’ll slip back to feeling like you did when this all started and that’ll probably take a few weeks to a month or so to happen. Its a tricky situation for you…

I kind of know what you are going through financially because the inflation is really squeezing everyone tight right now. Food prices went up 14% last year alone and gas is expensive too.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks for the great advice!

That is so good to hear that Bernie knows of other ND’s around because I as much as love that he has so much knowledge; I would like to actually see someone in person every couple months. I think I might understand things in a clearer perspective from meeting and talking with someone. I think that is why you have an advantage. You live there, see him in person! This must be nice. Plus, he rattles off things so fast that it is hard to keep up with what he is talking about at times.

I have started compiling my list before my treatment with him, and during my treatment that has worked great, and other things that have not. I think that is why Bernie might get frustrated with me sometimes. Maybe not, he probably just wants me to be better, and it probably is hard to treat from a remote location. Also, I tend to try other things here at different times because like I mentioned, I don’t think some things work, and I have find alternatives that are similar to what he recommends.

About the pleo’s, yes, Bernie always tells me to slow down. He said if it makes you feel bad, then decrease the dosage. I have even went down to 1 drop on some pleo’s, but I swear, even 1 drop makes me feel bad, then I skip a day, try again the next. I just can’t seem to handle them. The only ones it seems that have worked great for me, if I do have a lot of gas, 1 drop of pleo fort does help a bit. Also, the pleo citro and form helped me. The pleo form helps so much with my joint pain due to my osteopenia. I just can’t take the die-off anymore because I want to be able to function during the day. I would give pleo ex, but I don’t have that one. The ones I have right now are about 1/2 bottle of pleo fort, then pleo san coli, and pleo trich.

You likely could benefit from someone who can meet you in person just so they can do acupuncture. Bernie’s other big skill is acupuncture and this can be done in conjunction with the supplements for maximum effect. It’ll help you recover from your setbacks faster.

I would love to try this. I know one of my friends on facebook talked about doing that, and it completely eliminated all of her symptoms. My major detox is tanning for sweating, vitamin d, and relaxation. It is probably not good for my skin, but it makes me feel so good, and so much better!!!

So bernie is kind of more or less guessing how to treat you and its kind of like an experiment with each patient. He has a set plan but its likely on 75% or less of what it could be if he had the spanish blood test.

Yes, he has mentioned this test for me, and it probably is a good idea, especially for me, with the gastroparesis/no colon issue. It is funny how certain things can feel so good for my stomach (slow), but bad for my intestines. I have thought about just trying to maintain the best I can for awhile. I have started a money jar, to raise money for other things; however, it might go towards the spanish blood test.

The Dr. Pascual guy is a genius and there is a whole line of remedies he created that are available nowhere outside of bernies office.

Yes, Bernie has mentioned him. I know this magnesium chloride solution I have is made from him.

A few weeks ago I got a scope performed by a local gi doctor. My primary doctor wanted me to see this one. I only did half a prep, with the no colon issue. I did find out why I struggle with going to the bathroom, but then yet can do too much to get it out. I have hemmorhoids. I have already been taking cholacol (just 1 with each meal, helps tremendously; I might have to be on this rest of my life, due to my gastroparesis/no colon issue, history of eating disorder, abuse of laxatives I think. It really helps me digest, and takes down the gas.) It really annoys me because I just can’t get it out, but I have to go. Then, my anxiety goes up because my intestines really rumble, and it feels like a blocked door down there. I have to take my middle finger sometimes to open up my butthole. It is probably a history of holding and constipation from my childhood as well.

I read on old posts that you took Collinsonia root (in cholacol) and spanish black radish for that. How did that work for you? I try to supplement with magnesium to soften up the stool and make it easier from time to time.

I kind of know what you are going through financially because the inflation is really squeezing everyone tight right now. Food prices went up 14% last year alone and gas is expensive too.

Yes, it makes me so mad how much it costs to try and eat healthy, buy supplements, etc. Plus, I have had so many other expenses come up this past year for some reason. Also, I have a bad habit of if something doesn’t work, anxiety goes up, and then buy something. Heck, yesterday, I went to my health store to buy some things, didn’t seem like much, but it added up.

Part of my problem lately too, is I am just getting tired, and I love to cook, but I need rest because I focus a lot on cortisol levels and stress now-a-days, and that includes rest!!! I hate that we live in such a high-paced society.

I am worried about this summer because there is a lot of activities going on this summer. Weddings, vacations, my 30th, and I do want to celebrate!

Maybe I can still talk with Bernie, just not a regular basis, just when I feel I need to, which not be very much, and concentrate on a nd, near st. louis here that Bernie might know every couple months. I’ll just have to see what he says about the suggestion.

Any more advice would be appreciated? Also, speaking of osteoporosis. Do you know of any good calcium supplements? I think I still really need one!

Finally, sorry if I have been on edge this past week. I have missed taking b-vitamins, and I realized before joining this forum, why I felt good on some and others not; it is due to methylation. So, I have been trying to supplement this past week. I feel good, then not, anxiety, then calm. I have been going through mood swings, and my sleep has sort of decreased a little.

raster
    Participant

I do not recommend calcium for males on the diet because it can potentially cause heart problems with males(look it up)…I had a bad experience from supplementing with it. I wish I told bernie I was taking it lol.

Bernie is also heavily into meditation and tai-chi but I am not as open to getting into these as he is. He says this is the reason he works so he has time to meditate.

If you haven’t done acupuncture, I highly recommend it. Try to find someone with 10+ years experience. There are even specific points for hemorrhoids.

As far as treating hemorrhoids, this is something you should talk to bernie about being a big problem. He has a homeopathic that I haven’t had for awhile (unda one) that dissolves your hemorrhoid! Its all related to liver health…the spanish black radish works well for me. Also you can get other physical treatments on it such as a rubber band, laser surgery, etc. that removes it more or less permanently. This likely would benefit you greatly. Mine only gets bad if I eat a bunch of junk for a long period of time and drink coffee at the same time.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

I’ll ask Bernie about the calcium.

Yes, I have thought about meditation from time to time to help with stress. I think it might actually help me. I am a very high anxiety person!

As far as the acupuncture, I think I might know of one person that might do it here. I think my old anatomy professor from my college days might do it. I still have his e-mail, and I was one of his best students. He was a nd, not a md; hmm, speaking of that, I wonder if he could help me with some things. Probably not though, he is full-time into to teaching here. Acupuncture, yes, though! I’ll look into it.

Yes, I sure do need something for these hemorrhoids because they really affect my bowel habits, and I am tired of it! I hate having the feeling that I can’t get gas and bm’s out. It makes me feel so bad. It hurts my intestines, and then I feel I have to lay in the fetal position to get gas out at times. Like I said, it is like a shut door down there.

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

How can I get in touch with Bernie? I’m looking for a good ND.

raster
    Participant

FishaOfMen;59045 wrote: How can I get in touch with Bernie? I’m looking for a good ND.

Email anna and have her send me your email info and then I will email you his contact info…

FishaOfMen
    Participant

I emailed Anna a few weeks ago and no reply. Should I just post my email address here? (of course in a format that bots can’t recognize)

FishaOfMen
    Participant

I’d really like to get in touch with Bernie. Raster, can you help? Perhaps there is a way I can look him up???

raster
    Participant

Try sending it again to anna. [email protected]

-raster

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Thanks and done!

dorimt
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Hello Raster,

Can these things and Spanish blood test be done online, as I am not a US resident :(?

Many thanks,

Dori

raster
    Participant

dorimt;60286 wrote: Hello Raster,

Can these things and Spanish blood test be done online, as I am not a US resident :(?

Many thanks,

Dori

No you have to send your blood test to the spanish laboratory and I don’t know their contact information or anything like that.

-raster

dorimt
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Hi Raster,

Thank you for the reply. Any route to go for non US sufferers ?

Thank you so much,

Dori

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Raster, advice? Others can chime!’ is closed to new replies.