Rash still getting worse!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rash still getting worse!!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi all,

I’m really at a loss to know whether I’m doing the right thing at the moment. The rash that was kick started by the wine 13 days ago is still getting worse. Shortly after “winegate” I also increased my antigungals and introduced new ones, as well changing to a stronger probiotic.

The rash is now all over me, dark red blotches joining up in some areas. It has been hot and sore the last few days and now it’s getting scaly & very itchy.

I really don’t mind going through this if it’s die off as at least I know something is happening and some yeast is leaving my system. (I’m also having bulky stools that are quite green – which I had during my initial die off but then stopped as I felt better better this outburst). Could it be that the antifungals weren;t strong enough before so I just had mild die off and felt so good too soon? And this is the real bulk of the yeast dying?

I feel totally fine apart from the rash… clear head, no migraines, no irritability, no achey joints. So as I said if I have to put up with an itchy rash for a while if it’s towards the right end then so be it.

What do you recommend? I’ve pulled back a bit on the quantity of antifungals and have stopped the grape seed extract (I read on a blog that it caused the worst die off for someone of all her antifungals). I’ve increased the coconut oil again to about 6 dst spoons a day as I’d taken a break from that. Also have restarted Caprylic acid and am still drinking a 380g tub og kefir a day. the probiotic is 150 bill 15 strain – powder form (I couldn’t order fresh because of shipping in ice etc etc.

I’m off for a hot salt bath… see if that helps the itch.

Lx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Lucy. Well after reading this post, I have to lean towards the rash being caused by die-off. This is the reason;

Increased amount of coconut oil
    Restarted Caprylic acid
    13 ounces of kefir daily
    150 billion 15 strain probiotic daily

This is quite a list of Candida-killers, so with the fact that you’re staying on the diet and no longer feeding the Candida, I can’t imagine that your infestation is getting worse which would be the only other option. But the problem is that there is really no way of knowing for certain whether it’s die-off or a Candida reaction, other than assuming because of other circumstances. If this is the case, it appears that all the die-off effects are coming in one symptom in your case; a rash, leaving all the other symptoms out.

You mentioned that you have the Molybdenum now, what form is it and how much do you take? If it’s die-off, then the highest dose option on the label should help the rash after a few days.

Quote: “… and have stopped the grape seed extract (I read on a blog that it caused the worst die off for someone of all her antifungals).”

Reply: Lucy, did you mean to type “grapefruit” seed extract instead of “grape” seed? Grape seed isn’t normally a very strong antifungal, and we don’t recommend it for that reason.

By the way, I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong, not according to what you’re doing with the diet and supplements.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think one problem that you may have is that the (dead) candida is re-circulating throughout the body and it has no where to go except through the skin (and through the bowels). This is completely healthy even though it may not appear so.

This is why I went to a naturopathic doctor because he prescribed me something that will prevent the candida from re-attaching to my mucosal membranes (in the intestines). Ever since I have taken his supplements I have been on a very strong road to recovery.

If you want to detox the candida further from the skin/body; the sauna, steam room, or sweating idea I mentioned before will get it out of your body much much faster and will reduce the symptoms (the skin problem). However I have no idea whether this would be too much of a taxing thing to do when taking molybdenum (which removes some trace minerals from the body).

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: This is why I went to a naturopathic doctor because he prescribed me something that will prevent the candida from re-attaching to my mucosal membranes (in the intestines). Ever since I have taken his supplements I have been on a very strong road to recovery.

You wouldn’t want to share the name of that supplement, would you, Raster?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able900 wrote:

This is why I went to a naturopathic doctor because he prescribed me something that will prevent the candida from re-attaching to my mucosal membranes (in the intestines). Ever since I have taken his supplements I have been on a very strong road to recovery.

You wouldn’t want to share the name of that supplement, would you, Raster?

I too would like to know what it is and maybe we can buy it in bulk and send it around to the members here at the forum who want to buy it. The problem with this naturopathics is that they dont exist here in europe/sweden and if then they have their own stuff and not what actually helped you and could help us.

Secondly. I really understand the desperation Lucylu expressed. For Able and Raster the situation is always clear in your standing with Candida. You saw the battle and went through it. But with people like us there is always and worse the attack on the mind. The very words Lucylu used I can sign too. I have the same problem not with the die-off. Or with the diet. I could stay for the rest of my life in stage one. I am still going on with it. But what rocks my boat and really pushes me over is that I dont know…If it is really die-off, if I feed the candida, or if the Gods in white who say that that sometimes a body is fucked up and nobody can help you are right. They say it nicer off course but the dirty truth is the same, they call it a chronic autoimmune sickness which none can heal but only fight the symptoms, eat and take cortisone to ease the suffering. etc etc.

Now, I happen to go on the road of natural healing from the inside out. I heard about die-off or even that the healing from the inside out takes longer is not dealing with symptoms but rather with the root of the problem. These even can produce worse symptoms because the body is healing. Even I know that, I get confused in battle needing a voice of reason to keep me focused not to loose hope.

I too wonder how long does that healing / die-off is normal. When should I consider giving up the battle and only fight the symptoms because there is no help for me?
    I am now on your diet here from the end of October. How long is normal to come to a place of no symptoms when one is not cheating and very faithful to the diet?
    I noticed that my Potassium Molybdate is not helping a thing. It could be as you stated in another Post that I have the wrong kind. I had terrible stomach problems now for 3 days, pressing on my bladder so I squint urine in my trousers. I have no idea why that came suddenly back. I wonder if I got a inflammation in the guts from the Buckwheat. Today when I woke up I was so happy that the stomach pain and urine problem was gone. BUT the running ants under the skin where back, the heart palpations greeted me softly but all in all I didn’t noticed much of it because I was clouded again in a brain fog.

Can you tell me please if that is normal what I go through and how long is normal. At what point is it sure that I don’t have a candida problem and it is a autoimmune sickness nobody can help me with?

all the best to you all
    yours
    thomas

Lucylu

Able – I agree that at this stage it just has to be die off. I haven’t broken the diet… in fact I’ve pulled back even further and stopped/ reduced anything that could possibly be causing inflammation – like buckwheat, oat bran. I’m back to just the basic plain fish options (had introduced crab & prawn when I was “well” and they didn’t have a reaction but just in case…). And even the allowed veg I’m having the ones with the very least sugar/ carbs. My Molybdenum hasn’t arrived yet – hoping early next week and am dying to try it. Will certainly let you know.

Raster – that’s interesting, please share more about the supplement. As I’ve said before I have a hot bath/ sauna every day (alternating) and have had 3 short sun bed sessions too (I know you didn’t recommend this and yes, I know the risks). My theory is that all the sweating it out has relieved any other potential system and is concentrating the detox on the skin and just can’t push it out fast enough so it’s causing the rash? Not a very scientific/ medical description there but I think you get the idea!!

Thomas – I look forward to ables response to your very heartfelt post. I feel bad for you that your symptoms are so bad still… you can put the frustrations into words far better that I can, thank you!

Update – Last night after my “tearing my skin off” post I had 6 minutes on the sunbed followed an hour later by a very hot very salty bath… then covered myself in Eurax lotion to ease the itch (which it did straight away). Yesterday & today I scaled back to lesser doses of antifungals (3 caprylic acid, 1 glass apple cider vinegar, 4 dessert spoons coconut oil, just 1 dose probiotic) and maintained detox supps (milk thistle, lemon hot water x 6, vitamin C 3000). and the rash seems to be a little better this morning. It looks worse because it is drier/ scalier/ flatter but I take this as a good sign because it looks more like a dying rash rather than a growing rash (fresh red hot) and it’s far less itchy than last night.

I’ve booked an acupuncture session for myself for this afternoon!!! I’ve never had one but someone on here mentioned they’d had one and it “cured” them. Now, I’m not expecting an immediate magic wand style cure… but at this stage I’m willing to try anything! I’m not the most patient person as you may have noticed… I’ll let you know how I get on!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I believe it is the SF722 undecenoic acid that does this (preventing the candida from attaching to the intestinal tract):

http://www.thorne.com/Products/Gastrointestinal-Health/General_GI_Support/prd~SF722.jsp

If it isn’t, my second guess would be the juniperus communis homeopathic I take.

I am unsure of course because I have a poor memory; I just know he stated that one of the supplements I am taking performs this function.

As far as acupuncture; I really love it and think its effective for a short period of time. I go in every 3 weeks or so to have it done on me. I have done both one of the chinese styles and the vietnamese/french style of acupuncture and they both are pretty good (can’t decide which one is more effective). Be sure to mention that the main thing you want to improve is your digestion; you also want to improve your skin condition and detox. They will figure out what points are best for you!

The more energy you have in your body…the more effective the acupuncture will be in helping you out. If you are completely drained and have no energy, it won’t be effective.

The main benefit I get out of acupuncture is that it improves my digestion significantly (2 footer stool samples afterwards typically). The second is that I just experience quite a bit less malaise for a period of weeks and feel very positive/good in general.

Good luck!

-Raster

Lucylu

Thanks Raster – I’m expecting some of the SF722 in my little parcel next week so here’s hoping!

The acupunture was great! The doc also did cupping and some accupressure massage and I feel a bit battered now – lower back v achey, probably from the cupping. It’ll be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow. It was a bit difficult to explain to him what the issue was and he kept going on about the immune system but i’m not sure I said clearly about digestion… wich I’d read your post before I went! Anyway, the 1 session was great but then he said due to the “severity” (my skin looks pretty awful at the mo) that I would need 20 sessions at a cost of €1,800 – and if I booked them all at once he’s discount it to €900!!! So needless to say, I won’t be booking that. I booked another 1 off session for next Tuesday just to see if a couple would make a difference. But after that I’d prefer to be spending my hard earned pennies on better quality antifungals and a relaxing weekend away!!

Able900
    Spectator

Lucy, after doing some reading last night into the research on the connection between hives, rashes, and Candida, I have to say that I believe you have what we commonly refer to as “hives” and not a rash. The difference between the two is actually more than one would imagine.
    What we refer to as “hives” is medically termed “urticaria” which is a characterized by very visible red bumps on the body which are raised and extremely itchy.

Rashes are on the other hand are the state of the skin where the color, texture and appearance changes. They do not normally cause an extreme itch. There are no definite treatments known for hives while rashes can be treated and controlled with menthol, camphor, Chlortrimeton, Alavert, and moisturizer.

This is the noteworthy part below, and you may need to read this twice to understand the significance;
    Researchers contend that approximately 90% of the entire population is allergic to Candida yeast. A hypersensitivity, called “Type 4 Allergy” normally allows the body to control a yeast overgrowth, but of course there are times that an overgrowth will get out of control.

Now, if you are among the other 10% of the population, when the overgrowth occurs, instead of the Type 4 response taking place, an immediate hypersensitivity response to the overgrowth called “Type 1 Allergy” will take place, and this is when urticaria occurs. It appears to be apparent that you are unfortunately one of those 10%.

Hives can normally last as long as six weeks straight, and are normally caused by an allergy such as I just mentioned, but those that remain steadily for over 6 weeks may be due to some spontaneous unknown cause, which I don’t think is your situation.

I know that’s terrible news, but at least you have a reason for the hives, and can know that it’s perfectly normal if you are among that particular 10% of the population. We’ve had several members in the past to go through the same thing with hives, finding little to no relief for weeks. I’m sure Raster remembers a few of these cases.

Is the probiotic you mentioned that you’re taking the Extended Health Probiotics 120 Billion, 15-strain probiotic that you had ordered? If not, I would start this as soon as it arrives, on an empty stomach, of course. Plus, if it hasn’t arrived yet, I would begin having the kefir twice a day at the same amount you’ve been ingesting just once. This will go to work on the immune system and hopefully help with the hives since we’re fairly sure it’s an allergic reaction.

Lucy, I know it’s taken a while to get around to this information, and I’m sorry for that, but please realize that I hate to ‘guess’ when it comes to recommending what a member should do as far as treatment when there’s a specific problem apparent, so I insist on exhausting all avenues of research and analyzing my findings until I’m at least as sure as I can be about what I suggest to the person. Plus there are so many ways and reasons that a specific problem can manifest itself when a Candida albicans infestation is the basic cause from which all the problems stem.

Please keep us posted.

Able

Lucylu

Able,

Thanks so much for doing all that research for me. I have to run out the door now to pickup children but will log on later and re-read and digest. At first glance… my reaction to Grapefruit juice (from a carton) several weeks ago was hives but these were individual lumps on the back of the neck and behind the ears. they were a bit itchy but not incredibly and were my normal skin colour. This is dark red, blotches of all different sizes/ clusters and only became itchy when it started drying out & getting scaly. Or if I get very hot & tired.

I might try and find a picture online of a rash similar to mine to give you an idea. It certainly doesn’t match my idea of hives but you could well be right.

I have the probiotic and started it Monday night twice a day. I pulled back to just once the last 2 days as I though this might be increasing the rash. Should I go back up to 2 doses and also take 2 tubs Kefir?

Touch base later.

Thanks again,

L

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: I believe it is the SF722 undecenoic acid that does this (preventing the candida from attaching to the intestinal tract)

SF722 undecenoic acid acts as a support for normalizing the microbial ecology of intestines, which is the same thing a probiotic, kefir and caprylic acid (coconut oil) does. Adding SF722 to help with this function can’t hurt, but since the SF722 and caprylic acid are not pure probiotics, the other two are more efficient at this.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Lucy, I’d rather see you cut back on anything but the probiotics since these are going to be your ultimate cure, plus they can help with the rash/hives because they aren’t strictly an antifungal but are actually capable of rebuilding the immune system by adding new flora.

Able

Lucylu

Ok… now I’m even more confused… during the course of the evening I started to feel very fatigued, found it hard to find the energy to feed the kids etc. When I ate my own dinner my mouth started to hurt and now it’s sore on the roof and sides at the back. My tongue now has raised white spots near the back, almost like blisters (I had this a couple weeks ago and a v bad sore throat followed – or it could have been thrush). My nose has become completely blocked on one side with a thick mucus (I used to suffer from this a lot before I started the diet without even realising it was a candida symptom – this is the first time it’s returned). Throughout the evening my hands have become more and more achey and sore and now the knuckles are cracked & bleeding (like they were 2 weeks ago after the wine & increased antifungals). My back is also really achey but this could have been from the cupping/ accupressure today because he really gave me a good pounding! Had a huge bowel movement this eve – that dark green than seems to mean I’m clearing out? Could have been the accu as Raster suggested.

I haven’t eaten anything different. Today I ate very little as I’m trying to be so careful – just 3 boiled eggs (not even buckwheat toast in case it would inflame), a large bowl of chunky veg soup (onion, broccolli, aubergine, swede, leek, spinach) with 2 spoons of coconut oil mixed in and then some organic chicken with mixed greens, spinach, jerusalem artichoke for dinner. 1 pot of Kefir mid afternoon. Loads of lemon in hot water throughout day. 1 pint of water with 2 dst sp apple cider vinegar around lunchtime. I took the recommended dose of probiotic twice (first thing in the morn & late afternoon, both on empty stomach) and only 1 dose of antifungals after my eggs this morning (3 caprylic, 4 garlic caps, 3 vit C, 1 vit d3, 1 cod liver oil, 3 health vits).

By taking the 2nd dose of probiotic as well as the kefir as well as the probiotics have I kick started even stronger die off? It seems more like a reaction though but I just can’t think what I’ve eaten that may have caused it. I only use olive oil, coconut oil, cracked black pepper & himalayan salt to cook.

It might be… that the bath I had last night wasn’t very long because time didn’t allow so I didn’t sweat much… and I didn’t get either a sauna or bath today because of going for accupuncture instead.

When you say “cut back” on antifungals – by how much? Should I be taking 1 or 2 doses of the probiotic? Should I be drinking 1 or 2 pots of kefir?

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Lucy.

I think I remember you saying that you had a husband and four children. You must be going hard from sunup until late at night. I’d love to see you have about two full days of complete rest; I have a feeling that would do wonders for you right now. Any way that’s possible?

As far as the antifungals are concerned, try cutting the dosage of both the coconut oil and caprylic acid in half since we’re still not sure if this is stemming from die-off or not and stay with the present dose of probiotic, one pot of kefir should be enough for the time being.

I really hope this skin rash or hives diminish soon, I can only imagine how uncomfortable they must be. But I have hope that the Molybdenum will be able to help once you have it.

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hello Lucy!
    I just opened the post here in the forum and read your mail. I am very sorry that you have to go through that. I hope that you soon are over the hill. I know how terrible it is not knowing and doing the right thing. I was wondering a lot about the ups and down coming in waves sometimes like within hours. Today I met a woman who experienced just that in the die-off phase. She told me even it looks like being connected to the food its often the way the candida dies. The intestines tracks a very long and heal at different speeds, the same is with the candida it dies at different speeds and at different places. Another woman told me that it took quite a long time for her sister to get healed but she got healed. That was a big point for me. The battle can be confusing, going back and forth but the victory is ours sister. Hang in there!

yours
    Thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rash still getting worse!!’ is closed to new replies.