Ran out of probiotics today, cant buy new for now

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Ran out of probiotics today, cant buy new for now

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  klips32 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

As the topic says: I ran out today, can’t get new for 3-4 days. I can still eat yoghurt and hopefully water kefir within the next 12 hours. What should I do?

Regarding new probiotics: I can buy a new brand, but it’s fairly low in concentration, only 5 billion in each capsule. Strains are good. The thing is, I can’t get megaflora or any of the good brands where I am. I have used Udo’s choice super 8 to times now, and need to try other combinations of probiotics now. What should I do?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

klips32;36072 wrote: As the topic says: I ran out today, can’t get new for 3-4 days. I can still eat yoghurt and hopefully water kefir within the next 12 hours. What should I do?

Eat Greek yogurt and drink the kefir as soon as it’s available, Klips. This will keep the probiotics flowing into your intestines without a full break.

Regarding new probiotics: I can buy a new brand, but it’s fairly low in concentration, only 5 billion in each capsule. Strains are good. The thing is, I can’t get megaflora or any of the good brands where I am. I have used Udo’s choice super 8 to times now, and need to try other combinations of probiotics now. What should I do?

How many billion were in the Udo’s and how many of the capsules were you taking a day?

Able

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

drink the kefir for now it will help and order your new probiotics ,i have to order mine from far away to as i have no stores around me either that have them all we can do is order before there gone and hope for the best .

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

If you are taking antifungals such as garlic, these can reduce good gut flora along with the bad so it is important to stay on some probiotic. Your good gut flora can take a hit from several of the antifungals so take care and make sure to drink plenty of kefir or yogurt. And get back on the probiotics as soon as possible.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I also disagree with the supposition that probiotics take a long time to build up in your body. I think everyone’s body is different. I used to have terrible acid reflux and could tell a few hours after I took probiotics. It was almost instantaneously better. I think we should refrain from making sweeping statements as if we are doctors ourselves.

It is, however, good advice not to worry. Worrying doesn’t help anything and it will raise the cortisol levels in your bloodstream. Able has said many times that kefir is a very important probiotic so just take what you can dear. Good luck!

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

First of all, thank you all on the not to worry words, I agree! Cortisol levels rise easily..

Source of probiotics right now: 3 portions of Acidophilus milk, contains 1 billion pr. 100ml, mostly acidophilus. This ain’t much, but the lactose levels in the milk is fairly low compared to greek yoghurt.

2x probiotic pills, containing 7 billion CFU’s pr. capsule, 1 in the morning, 1 at night.

Kefir…Well, I havent managed to get it right yet, very frustrating! Right now i’m brewing it with organic cane sugar instead og reg. sugar. Bought a new envelope yesterday and also got milk kefir going now, but it’s hard to tell when it’s all ready.

Planning on buying a large portion of the right brands (probiotics) from Germany tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ran out of probiotics today, cant buy new for now’ is closed to new replies.