Quinoa Bread Recipe

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Quinoa Bread Recipe

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  msuazo88 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Rachie2712
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 13

Does anyone know a quinoa bread recipe that is dairy and yeast free?

paulkur89234
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

All I know is that quinoa isn’t yeast free.

Rachie2712

Quinoa is yeast free it’s a grain and is high in protein, iron and dietary fibre!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Rachie2712 wrote: Quinoa is yeast free it’s a grain and is high in protein, iron and dietary fibre!!

It doesn’t matter whether it contains yeast or not, like you said, it’s a grain and it feeds the Candida. It isn’t on the forum’s stricter diet even on the 2 or 3rd stage, and for good reason.

Able

Rachie2712

My natropath told me I was able to eat it and it’s also on the list of foods you can eat on the diet on the The Candida Diet website!! It does not feed the candida!

NON-GLUTINOUS GRAINS
    Amaranth
    Buckwheat
    Millet
    Oat Bran
    Quinoa
    Wild and brown rice

Grains contain a high amount of fiber, excellent for keeping the colon clear so Candida doesn’t get a chance to multiply.
    Grains also act like a pipecleaner in your intestine, grabbing nasty toxins like pollutants, chemicals, pesticides and heavy metals on their way through.
    Most products derived from this list are ok – e.g. quinoa crackers, buckwheat flour. You can find these in the gluten free section in health food stores.
    Oat bran is different from oatmeal, and contains lots of soluble fibre.

RebeccaB
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

So which is it? Can we have quinoa or not? I love quinoa and excited to see it on the list of okay foods……

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

RebeccaB,

in this forum..quinoa is OFF the strict list. so thats a no. but if your Nutritionist says yes..then follow there orders unless you decide otherwise. But it is not a recommended item.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

NON-GLUTINOUS GRAINS
    Amaranth
    Buckwheat
    Millet
    Oat Bran
    Quinoa
    Wild and brown rice

OUT of these you posted…
    Buckwheat, Millet, & Oat Bran are ok

you can also use Rice Bran & Coconut flour. Almond Flour is ok too i believe. i use it..but mixed with some of these other flours.

Rachie2712

It is a recommended item!! It’s on the list of foods you can to eat on the website http://www.thecandidadiet.com which is the website that this forum is linked to.

Doggiemama where does it say on the webiste that you can’t have quinoa?? And why can’t we have it when its a non glutinous grain and high in fibre???

From the website that is linked to the forum!!

CATEGORY FOODS TO EAT

NON-GLUTINOUS GRAINS
    Amaranth
    Buckwheat
    Millet
    Oat Bran
    Quinoa
    Wild and brown rice
    Grains contain a high amount of fiber, excellent for keeping the colon clear so Candida doesn’t get a chance to multiply.
    Grains also act like a pipecleaner in your intestine, grabbing nasty toxins like pollutants, chemicals, pesticides and heavy metals on their way through.
    Most products derived from this list are ok – e.g. quinoa crackers, buckwheat flour. You can find these in the gluten free section in health food stores.
    Oat bran is different from oatmeal, and contains lots of soluble fibre.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Most people around here follow a stricter version of the diet, which is known as the forum diet. Quinoa is not allowed on the stricter diet because it’s a grain, and grains feed the candida. Plain and simple. The website diet is a lot less strict, although not ideal if you want to get rid of your candida much quicker. If you want to eat quinoa, then go ahead. Nobody is going to stop you. However, be aware that it may slow the healing process considerably. If you’d like to get a copy of the strict forum diet, then you should contact Able900.

Rachie2712

Quinoa does NOT feed candida!!! I don’t know where you got that information from!

samiam

A little heads up on quinoa, it’s not so much of a grain as it is a seed. Check out this link to Wikipedia to understand a little more about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa

msuazo88

For those who swear by this “stricter” diet and think they’re getting rid of the candida faster, watch out for nutritional deficiencies. You NEED grains for a balanced diet, which in turn, will help your immune system fight candida better. As for quinoa, it’s one of the best grains for it’s protein content, magnesium, fiber, AND probiotic properties. It feeds the GOOD bacteria. It’s also easily digested so it goes through your body quickly, which helps eliminate waste quicker. And yet, another benefit of grains such as quinoa is that their texture allows them to act as cleaning agents in your gut (like delicate bristles cleaning a pipe.) And if that wasn’t enough, quinoa is delicious! It’s incredibly versatile and can be used in countless recipes, which can help many people stick to the diet for much longer than those on the “stricter” diet. For those who want to make a yeast-free diet a lifetime commitment, I highly recommend quinoa.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Quinoa Bread Recipe’ is closed to new replies.