Quick Food

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

turkishdelight
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Hello. I am new to the site and very impressed thank you. But one thing that worries me about going on the actual diet is this. I am a busy person, I work very long hours. I do not have the time to prepare things that take hours. I will be looking for ways to prepare foods that are quick or where I can prepare a batch and freeze them so that I do not have to do it every day. Any ideas?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

This soup from alexalgebra is really good and really healthy, and you can make a big batch once a week to keep in the fridge/freezer for easy reheating. And soup just gets better after a few days! http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6243_Bieler-Broth–AKA-BEST-SOUP-EVER.aspx

Also check out the bread section for coconut bread recipes. A lot of people keep a loaf of coconut bread around all the time for easy snacking, or to add that carb-y fullness to a meal that most of us are so used to.

turkishdelight
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Thanks. I will check these out. Another question please. Because I am so busy and not keen on the taste of raw or steamed veg would it be ok when I go onto phase one of the diet to drink a lot of vegetable soup instead (provided it does not contain yeast or sugar). I can buy this in my local supermarket and it would save me a lot of time.

shayfo

I think you’ll have an extremely difficult time finding prepared vegetable soups that don’t contain carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, wheat flour/starch, cornstarch, oils not on the list, preservatives, etc…to say nothing of yeast or sugar. If you find some that match the cleanse or strict diet, please do share, though!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

My friend gave me this great tip last weekend. I haven’t tried it yet, but I plan on it. She keeps a jar in the fridge and during the week, she puts all of her peels, ends, etc. of her veggies in it. Then once a week, she boils it in water and makes a big batch of veggie broth from it!

shayfo

I used to do that, too. Using lots of brassicas (cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage) can make for funky broth sometimes, though, so it’s good to throw some onions and herbs in there for balance.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Good to know!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick Food’ is closed to new replies.