Questions re Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Questions re Protocol

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

I had a diagnostic stool test in 2011 that showed no candida but I am not so sure and my diet has gone through a lot of changes since then anyway.

• I have heard that there is a urine test to do for Candida. Do you recommend getting a definitive diagnosis and is the testing reliable?

Beginning to suspect candida, based mostly on not being able to heal my rashes, l have been using a lot of the components of your protocol, out of order of course, for the last month.
    I was eating a pretty clean Paleo/Whole30 diet (working on Food Allergies/Leaky Gut) but not nearly as restrictive as the strict diet you recommend. My three rashes have been flaring up, my hypo thyroid has been flipping between hypo and hyper symptoms and I have very low energy.

In the past month I’ve added:
    – Restore a Fulvic Acid Supplement 1 Teaspoon 1 x per day and spraying on rashes 1-2x a day- my holistic MD believes that Fulvic, Asea, Earthing, Exercise and a Vegan Diet will cure anything.
    -Thorne Molybdenum Picolinate 1 mg (not the Amino Acid Chelated form) 1 x a day
    -Nature’s Way Thisilyn 175 mg Milk Thistle Extract seed, (80% silymarin 2 x a day
    -MegaFlora probiotic 1 x per day
    -inner eco Coconut Kefir 1 Tea 1 x a day
    -Coptis aka Goldthread Chinese Herb Tincture 3 droppers full a day suggested by my chiropractor- I read that this contains the Berberine that you mention to hold off on. Took only one dose and it seemed to make my heart palpitations worse so I stopped but Chrio suggested I try it as a mouth swish since I blame part of my low immune system on 5 root canals.
    -NutraMedix Adrenal Support Herbal Tincture 5 drops 1 x a day (Schizandra berry, Astragalus root Rhododendron caucasicum root, Ginseng & Rhodiola Roots)
    BTW I ‘air’ any tinctures for 15- 20 min in 105 degree warm water to hopefully remove the alcohol
    -Kraut Juices and fermented veggies from Farmstead Ferments.
    – Pau D’arco Tea

Regarding Vitamin C: In the past taking Vitamin C has resulted in bowel bleeding similar to how Aspirin or NSAIDs affect me so I’ve only taken ¼ Teaspoon (125 mg) Vitamin C (Nature’s Way Alive!) maybe once a week in my breakfast smoothie and the 7 mg of Vit C in MegaFlora probiotic daily.

BTW my breakfast smoothie the past 6 months has included 1/3 of a capsule of Turmeric, several shakes of Cinnamon, ¼ tea of the Vit C, Hemp powder, Chia Seeds, almond milk (homemade from soaked raw organic almonds, organic vanilla, 1 Medjool date) and or unsweetened coconut milk , shredded coconut, tiny amounts of VitaMineral Green, Schulze Superfood, Amazing Meal (not when doing stints of NO Grains), Olive oil or Coconut oil or coconut butter or avocado, organic Berries, frozen banana, ice and sometimes raw pastured eggs (from hens eating bugs and non-GMO grains).

• With my sensitivity to Vitamin C should I try it and at what dose or is there anything else to take instead?

• Since I had been tinkering with all of these is there anything I need to do to balance out before I start the protocol?
    • Is there any recommended way to eat while I collect the supplements and prepare for doing the protocol?

I have also been curious about these protocols and theories:
    Robert von Sarbacher’s Mini Beet Protocol
    THE BIAMONTE METHOD: OF CANDIDA ELIMINATION (cannot afford to test or council w/ him)
    and about Naturopath John Matsen’s theories on digestion
    Web Site: http://www.eatingalive.com/
    Andrea Beaman wrote:
    http://www.andreabeaman.com/health/the-curse-of-candida/#.UkSufoYm2TM
    “Finally, after many months of misery I found the missing piece. I read a book called, Eating Alive, by naturopathic doctor, John Matsen. According to his book, candida can escape and wreak havoc in our system from eating too many foods rich in potassium (vegetables and fruits), without adequate protein (animal products) and salt, causing the ileocecal valve to weaken, allowing yeast to migrate from the large intestine to the small intestine, and other parts of the body.
    That’s why I felt worse the “healthier” I ate. It made perfect sense. My candida overgrowth never really healed because it wasn’t enough to simply eliminate the food candida thrived on (carbohydrates, fruit, starchy vegetables, sweets) I had to simultaneously strengthen my ileocecal valve.”
    • Do you know if these been discussed on the Candida Forums?

I am now in a process of researching, discovery, counting the cost, deciding about the supplements, preparing my conviction and how to work with my husband who eats more of a SAD diet.

I’ve wanted to use food and herbs more and supplement less and most important to me is to trust in the Lord to lead me to learn what I need to learn to heal and to help others.

I am most appreciative of all you have shared it is overwhelming kindness, giving and attention to details that matter. Thank you!

Martha Ray
    Percyfaith

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I have heard that there is a urine test to do for Candida. Do you recommend getting a definitive diagnosis and is the testing reliable?

Neither a stool test nor a urine test will tell you for certain whether or not you have a Candida overgrowth. The Genomma Lab offers a dependable test. You can contact them online at http://genommalab.com/en/inicio.aspx I’m afraid I can’t help you any further with test information as I never sought to be tested during my own treatment.

Frankly, I’m not sure why you want to be tested. You mentioned the symptoms of rashes, food allergies from leaky gut syndrome, a low immune system, heart palpitations, and hypothyroidism, all of which are symptoms of a Candida infestation.

With my sensitivity to Vitamin C should I try it and at what dose or is there anything else to take instead?

You really do need to be taking some form of vitamin C. You might try a buffered form starting with a low amount and gradually work your way up to a higher dose.

I have also been curious about these protocols and theories: Do you know if these been discussed on the Candida Forums?

I really have no idea; you could try keying one protocol or theory at a time into the search option on the forum.

In the past month I’ve added:
    – Restore a Fulvic Acid Supplement 1 Teaspoon 1 x per day and spraying on rashes 1-2x a day- my holistic MD believes that Fulvic, Asea, Earthing, Exercise and a Vegan Diet will cure anything.
    -Thorne Molybdenum Picolinate 1 mg (not the Amino Acid Chelated form) 1 x a day
    -Nature’s Way Thisilyn 175 mg Milk Thistle Extract seed, (80% silymarin 2 x a day
    -MegaFlora probiotic 1 x per day
    -inner eco Coconut Kefir 1 Tea 1 x a day
    -Coptis aka Goldthread Chinese Herb Tincture 3 droppers full a day suggested by my chiropractor- I read that this contains the Berberine that you mention to hold off on. Took only one dose and it seemed to make my heart palpitations worse so I stopped but Chrio suggested I try it as a mouth swish since I blame part of my low immune system on 5 root canals.
    -NutraMedix Adrenal Support Herbal Tincture 5 drops 1 x a day (Schizandra berry, Astragalus root Rhododendron caucasicum root, Ginseng & Rhodiola Roots)
    BTW I ‘air’ any tinctures for 15- 20 min in 105 degree warm water to hopefully remove the alcohol
    -Kraut Juices and fermented veggies from Farmstead Ferments.
    – Pau D’arco Tea
    Since I had been tinkering with all of these is there anything I need to do to balance out before I start the protocol?

I’m afraid I’ve never even heard of some of the supplements you’ve named. I think I would probably stop all the supplements other than those that are on the protocol; that is if you intend to follow the protocol I sent you.

Is there any recommended way to eat while I collect the supplements and prepare for doing the protocol?

Since you’re already on a diet, just continue with it until you are prepared to start the protocol.

Sean

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is a fact for you: we all have candida we just all don’t have pathogenic candida in high levels. So the tests can be inconclusive because the yeast can live in specific organs which won’t necessarily show up on stool tests, and because we all have yeast in our bodies…so it may have been in the non-pathogenic form when you did the testing.

Did you do any of the metametrix tests?

http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

There is a possibility you have something else such as parasites, microbial, or bacterial overgrowth.

What caused your allergies and leaky gut?

I don’t think we can say which of your supplements are best but the molybdenum recommended on the forum has to be the amino chelate form for it to be effective

Berberine is basically like taking anti-biotics so I would be wary of taking this product.

The alcohol in the tinctures won’t feed the candida and will barely set you back, if at all. Additionally, the alcohol preserves the stuff in the tinctures…so this will make them ineffective over the long term.

If you have rectal bleeding you could have hemorrhoids and these are not worth worrying about. I would get positive diagnosis. Other types of bleeding can be dangerous and I would get it checked out.

-raster

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

raster;49399 wrote: Here is a fact for you: we all have candida we just all don’t have pathogenic candida in high levels. So the tests can be inconclusive because the yeast can live in specific organs which won’t necessarily show up on stool tests, and because we all have yeast in our bodies…so it may have been in the non-pathogenic form when you did the testing.

Did you do any of the metametrix tests?

There is a possibility you have something else such as parasites, microbial, or bacterial overgrowth.

What caused your allergies and leaky gut?

I don’t think we can say which of your supplements are best but the molybdenum recommended on the forum has to be the amino chelate form for it to be effective

Berberine is basically like taking anti-biotics so I would be wary of taking this product.

The alcohol in the tinctures won’t feed the candida and will barely set you back, if at all. Additionally, the alcohol preserves the stuff in the tinctures…so this will make them ineffective over the long term.

If you have rectal bleeding you could have hemorrhoids and these are not worth worrying about. I would get positive diagnosis. Other types of bleeding can be dangerous and I would get it checked out.

-raster

-Thanks for that info–Don’t think I will afford the testing since I am pretty sure that this same protocol will help not only the candida I strongly suspect but my food allergies and overall health.
    -I could have other issues but two years ago Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis came back with only Dysbiosis –
    Causes:
    I think my extremely stressful work for 12 years, weight gain, sugar addiction and pool chemicals (Chlorine, fluoride and bromide) in a warm spa therapy pool I was in for hours a day for years to rehab my knees from dance injuries were all factors in my food allergies and leaky gut which showed up 3 years ago. I also have/had 7 root canals- 2 back ones have been pulled. I also have Hypothyroidism, Insulin resistance and high Inflammation (C-RP marker) Despite all those I was never out sick with colds or flu or digestive issue. Except for mild joint pains which went away when I lost weight and got off coffee I felt healthy. Rashes have come and gone since I did a stint of Vegan in ’06, they have been worse over the last year and have my attention now. Not working right now so I can concentrate on my health.

-I’ve ordered the correct Moly amino chelate form.

-I will be careful with the Coptis. My Chiropractor is big on Coptis, a berberine, for me from strength testing he did– I am now swishing in my mouth now instead of swallowing. I keep it 2 hours away from my probiotic. Target is to work on my root canal teeth since there may be infection under the crowns affecting my immune system. I am to hopefully see a Hal Huggins trainer/dentist in Jan of 2014.

– About the alcohol in the tinctures I only ‘air’ out the drops I take, not the whole bottle…I know it has to stay preserved. I ‘air out’ tincture drops in about 15 min in shot glass of 100-105 degree water provided the herbal can take that- not always easy to find out. Alcohol in tinctures has always bothered my system.

– the rectal bleeding is complicated and even longer to explain– but it is being watched by my MD –

I am long winded..

Thank you so much for all your thoughts. Most appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Questions re Protocol’ is closed to new replies.