Questions I have about desserts ? :)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Questions I have about desserts ? :)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lauren 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I have been trying to find something like a dessert that would be good on the diet. But I have some questions. If anyone can answer it would be great! Thanks!

1)I found a Sugar Free Dark Chocolate bar sweetened with Xylitol at a health food store and I was wondering if I can have it. There are zero sugars. The ingredients are sugar free dark coating, vanilla, and xylitol.

2)I hear we cant have Cocoa powder. Why is that? Is it the natural caffeine. Is there anything we can that is like cocoa powder? I know that we cant have carob powder.

3) I found a lemon meringue layer cake that is made with everything we can have (just eggs, stevis, lemon juice and lemon zest) EXPECT there is 1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch. It there anything that can be substituted for the corn starch like baking soda or baking powder?

Lauren

I just found that arrowroot powder can be a corn starch substitute. Is Arrowroot powder okay to have on the candida diet?

Lauren

1)I found a Sugar Free Dark Chocolate bar sweetened with Xylitol at a health food store and I was wondering if I can have it. There are zero sugars. The ingredients are sugar free dark coating, vanilla, and xylitol.

2)I hear we cant have Cocoa powder. Why is that? Is it the natural caffeine. Is there anything we can that is like cocoa powder? I know that we cant have carob powder.

3) I found a lemon meringue layer cake that is made with everything we can have (just eggs, stevis, lemon juice and lemon zest) EXPECT there is 1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch. It there anything that can be substituted for the corn starch like baking soda or baking powder?

I am going to answer my questions. 😀 Sorry for posting them and getting anyone hope up. I just miss my sweets and I am trying to find substitutes.

1) We cant have this Chocolate bar because it contains chocolate. Which has caffeine in it.

2) Cocoa powder also has natural caffeine and this is why we cant have it.

3) Arrow root can be replaced for corn starch but this is only after you are feeling completely better. This is because starch which is a carb. Carbs turn into sugar in the body and the candida eats this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Questions I have about desserts ? :)’ is closed to new replies.