Questions: coconut oil, headaches, etc.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions: coconut oil, headaches, etc.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

A few questions below for anyone who can help.

1. I’ve read that we’re supposed to eat increasing amounts of coconut oil. My question is, DO WE HAVE TO?? What happens if we don’t keep increasing it? I can’t stand eating this stuff and I really don’t think I can eat more than 3 tablespoons a day.

2. Can candida appear in urine?

3. I’ve been having daily headaches. I’ve always been prone to headaches but this time I don’t take any meds for them, I just put an icepack on my head and rest in a quiet place. Has anyone else experienced this?

4. I really love cucumbers and eat two a day. But why in the world does it give me such terrible gas???

5. For those who have been struggling with this for a long time: in your opinion, how long should we stay, on this diet? I think it will be a lifelong change for me, meaning I will decrease breads, sweets, etc.. But I’m hoping that in the next year or so I can slowly start to eat pasta and bread once or twice a month.

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

1. The coconut oil thing is one of the more variable things most people seem to do when they follow the protocol. I personally just use some on my bread and thats it. Able put this in because he feels that it benefits the environment of the gut. I have no information about whether this is true or not but he sure does. If you don’t want to do it, you certainly don’t have to.

2. I have no idea, what are you experiencing?

3. Headaches occurred for me a lot more during the die-off period. If I cheated at all this would make them bad. Dr. Mccomb’s feels that inflammation of the gut is tied to the inflammation of the brain and so your gut is simply inflamed. If you take some cod liver oil (which is highly anti-inflammatory) this likely will improve your headaches.

4. Gas is tied to low HCL levels and you likely need to supplement yourself with some hydro-chloric acid.

5. Plan on a 6-18 month recovery timeline. For some people it may take longer (like me). Eventually when you heal leaky gut and become mostly symptom free, you can cheat somewhat often without any drawback (like cheating once a week or so).

-raster

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

2. I often see white stuff in my urine. It looks very similar to what I see in my stool. Hopefully I didn’t just make myself look like a freak.

3. I’ll be honest, I’ve been cheating with little things here and there, like yesterday at our Christmas party at work I had a few bites of bread. I had a little black rice today because I was starving. I guess I’m getting fed up with not being able to eat the things I love (and need).

Thanks Raster!

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

I think everyone empathasises with your frustrations over diet, but a few minutes of guilt-laden cheating takes an exponential amount of time to undo. If you follow the diet very closely, and tale the correct supplements, I think arguments that you ‘need’ cheat foods diminishes substantially.

Len

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Questions: coconut oil, headaches, etc.’ is closed to new replies.