Questions about the strict diet and protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about the strict diet and protocol

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Hey again, guys! Now that I’ve had some time to study the private, strict diet + protocol, and have received some of my ordered foods and such, I plan to switch from the Web site diet to the strict diet beginning April, after my next medical appointment. I do have a few questions about the diet + protocol.

1) How might one distinguish a leaky guy “food allergy” from standard candidiasis symptoms, and from die off? If you’re anything like me, symptom severity is FAR from constant. I have never done food allergy testing before, so I’m not really sure what signals my body will give as far as a reaction is concerned. Any tips for pinning down the whole cause and effect thing?

2) Research as I may, I cannot seem to find any solid literature comparing multivitamins to individual supplements, or multiantifungals to singles. I am fighting an uphill battle on this one (doc put me on multis, and taking individuals is certainly neither easier nor more cost effective), so I would definitely like to understand the reasoning behind using singles. Any helpful info and/or links would be appreciated.

3) I see that the liver detox drink recipe is now:
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    Small chunk of fresh ginger
    I could have sworn one garlic was part of the drink as well. Should this drink be used even if the cleanse is skipped? If a garlic is added, can it be used for several weeks as an anti-fungal?

4) Do folks eat whole eggs only, or use extra whites? I plan to eat a single whole egg per breakfast, along with about 1.5 dozen egg whites. For baking and such, I might substitute out about half of the yolks. Does this sound reasonable? Incidentally, does anyone here take the discovered link between egg consumption and diabetes seriously at all?

5) I have no idea why I am asking this question, but I wrote it down at some unknown point during my research, so I’ll ask! 😉 Is Molybdenum safe for those using fluoride toothpaste and consuming it in water? I currently use the recommended tee tree oil toothpaste in the morning, and a normal fluoride toothpaste in the evening, though I may switch to an enamel hardening toothpaste in the evening, with or without fluoride, depending on my what my dentist recommends.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Sonic Boom;39541 wrote: Hey again, guys! Now that I’ve had some time to study the private, strict diet + protocol, and have received some of my ordered foods and such, I plan to switch from the Web site diet to the strict diet beginning April, after my next medical appointment. I do have a few questions about the diet + protocol.

1) How might one distinguish a leaky guy “food allergy” from standard candidiasis symptoms, and from die off? If you’re anything like me, symptom severity is FAR from constant. I have never done food allergy testing before, so I’m not really sure what signals my body will give as far as a reaction is concerned. Any tips for pinning down the whole cause and effect thing?

It’s really hard to tell the difference. It just takes time as you go on your journey to fight candida. My leaky gut comes out as severe and instant fatigue and brain fog, most of the time, and occasional bladder pain. Candida reactions are less immediate and are things like constipation.

Sonic Boom;39541 wrote:
    2) Research as I may, I cannot seem to find any solid literature comparing multivitamins to individual supplements, or multiantifungals to singles. I am fighting an uphill battle on this one (doc put me on multis, and taking individuals is certainly neither easier nor more cost effective), so I would definitely like to understand the reasoning behind using singles. Any helpful info and/or links would be appreciated.

The balance in multi-things is not always ideal, which is why it’s best to take each thing individually. Sometimes multis also contain things you don’t need/want.

Sonic Boom;39541 wrote:
    3) I see that the liver detox drink recipe is now:
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    Small chunk of fresh ginger
    I could have sworn one garlic was part of the drink as well. Should this drink be used even if the cleanse is skipped? If a garlic is added, can it be used for several weeks as an anti-fungal?

I didn’t really do a cleanse, but I did drink this to lessen the toxins when I was having really bad die-off. It helped almost immediately.

Sonic Boom;39541 wrote:
    4) Do folks eat whole eggs only, or use extra whites? I plan to eat a single whole egg per breakfast, along with about 1.5 dozen egg whites. For baking and such, I might substitute out about half of the yolks. Does this sound reasonable? Incidentally, does anyone here take the discovered link between egg consumption and diabetes seriously at all?

I LOVE eggs! My friend has the happiest chickens on earth and they have amazing eggs with creamy, healthful yolks. I don’t know why anyone would ditch the yolk if they are able to eat them without a reaction. They have most of the nutrients, calories, fat, etc. that we need! Plus, if you don’t have a friend with chickens, chances are a chicken suffered tremendously to get that egg to your table, so it would be best not to waste any of it!

Sonic Boom;39541 wrote:
    5) I have no idea why I am asking this question, but I wrote it down at some unknown point during my research, so I’ll ask! 😉 Is Molybdenum safe for those using fluoride toothpaste and consuming it in water? I currently use the recommended tee tree oil toothpaste in the morning, and a normal fluoride toothpaste in the evening, though I may switch to an enamel hardening toothpaste in the evening, with or without fluoride, depending on my what my dentist recommends.

I have no idea what the link is between molyb and fluoride. I have both (trying to get rid of fluoride but I have very sensitive teeth and there’s no good substitute for the tooth paste I use :p)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Sonic boom,

To answer your questions:

1)Die-off typically lasts persistantly all day long for many days and is basically similar to flu-like symptoms. You get nausea, fatigue, crankiness, sensitivity to light, itching, etc. Food allergies are much shorter in time usually. Reactions can include headache, a burn like feeling that encompasses the body (I call it the leaky gut burn), skin problems, diarrhea, constipation, tremors, heart palpitations, and more (it varies person to person). This typically happens right away after eating a food item or shortly thereafter. Some people get delayed reactions where their skin gets inflamed a day later, or they get constipated the next day, etc.

2)We recommend individual vitamins because there is no vitamin that gives you 100% DV for what you need. So if you get 1000% vitamin B while only 100% vitamin D, then this can cause a deficiency. I would look at vitamin combinations and how they effect absorption, etc. I would look at vitamin deficiencies and what can cause them.

5)I am unsure whether molybdenum interacts with fluoride. I would consider not using fluoride because it accumulates in the body and there has been no testing on the long term health effects of fluoride on humans in the US in a very long time. All of the fluoride testing occurred in the 1950’s and 1960’s and fluoride is banned in water in many european countries as well as places such as japan and india. If you look at fluoride testing in other countries, you will see that they didn’t adopt adding fluoride to the water because the results were inconclusive or possibly negative (harmful). Check out the fluoridealert.org.

-raster

Sonic Boom

Thank you for the replies!

So if you get 1000% vitamin B while only 100% vitamin D, then this can cause a deficiency. I would look at vitamin combinations and how they effect absorption, etc. I would look at vitamin deficiencies and what can cause them.

Is this to say that the extra vitamin B causes less of the vitamin D to be absorbed? How are matters like this handled in calculations when developing a vitamin protocol, such as the one on this site?

I didn’t really do a cleanse, but I did drink this to lessen the toxins when I was having really bad die-off. It helped almost immediately.

Was this with the garlic included? If so, does the anti-fungal element cause other die off symptoms, or does the detoxing element of the drink catch the toxins from the garlic die off?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Sonic Boom;40001 wrote: Was this with the garlic included? If so, does the anti-fungal element cause other die off symptoms, or does the detoxing element of the drink catch the toxins from the garlic die off?

I think maybe garlic is in one of the detox drinks on the website, but not on the forum. Garlic is an antifungal which kills the Candida therefore creating more toxins for the cleanse to try to detox from the body.

Sonic Boom

Ahh, that makes sense. I must have seen it on the site. Thank you very much.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Questions about the strict diet and protocol’ is closed to new replies.