Questions about stomachacids!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about stomachacids!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys!

Do you know anything about stomach acids? I am sure now that I have low or none stomach acids. I tested it for several days now with a teespoon bicarbonate on half cup of water and didnt even burp a single time. Even after 15 minutes, not even an hour nothing. I found that strange.

I have some questions regarding stomach acids you might help me with!

Is that test with the bicarbonate reliable?

How is it possible that suddenly the stomach acid is low?

Is there a natural way to activate and stimulate the bodies own production again?

Is there a way to cure it or will I have to eat for the rest of my life supplements?

Do you have exprerience with it and like to share your sympthoms and how you where able to help yourself?

Is it possible that candida can grow in the small intestines do to access from the stomach because the low stomach acids allow candida to survive there? Usually candida should only be found in the larger intestines I thought? Or?

thank you
    Thomas

I love to learn anything you know about this problem.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Hcl will increase the stomach acid. I thought mine was too much until i did my own research. You won’t have to supplement forever, it will take awhile for digestion to take place.

Thomas

Thank you guys for the answers!

yes, I do have a break and the stomach is empty in the night. I eat usually latest att around 20:00 hours to give the digestsystem a break. I did the test in the morning on an empty stomach.
    I have problems like Acid reflux feeling, and stomach pain, nausea and brainfog. Not so bad as one year ago but still there is trouble around the corner after I eat. I had for month diarre which stopped when I was eating very little carbs and fiber. Now when I eat mainly fat and meat and very little carbs I notice that there could be problems with the fat and protein break down.

If I eat rawfood or food with lots of fiber. My stomach swells up from flat to a level of a woman who is several month pregnant. So, yes I have stomach and guts issues.

yours
    Thomas

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hello Thomas,

It sounds like to me like your gut flora out of shape. If you get that back up to somewhat normal level, I think it should get better. If you remember, I also had problem digesting fiber, but now I can eat a huge bowl of salad and lots of fiber and don’t have issues like before. I do get some gas, but it is reduced greatly and getting better all the time.

So my advice is, do your best to get some good quality probiotic in you and lots of prebiotic foods and this should go away. I think it took about 3 months for me to notice improvement (it might have happened earlier, but I remember one day just saying to myself “hey, I no longer have issues with my digestion” haha).

Nice to hear from you again, although I am sorry that it is related to digestion problem 🙂

Best of luck to you Thomas!

Arijana

Thomas

Hi guys,

got a amazing teaching here:

http://chriskresser.com/what-everybody-ought-to-know-but-doesnt-about-heartburn-gerd

check it out!

cheers
    Thomas

Thomas

orka1998;34654 wrote: Hello Thomas,

It sounds like to me like your gut flora out of shape. If you get that back up to somewhat normal level, I think it should get better. If you remember, I also had problem digesting fiber, but now I can eat a huge bowl of salad and lots of fiber and don’t have issues like before. I do get some gas, but it is reduced greatly and getting better all the time.

So my advice is, do your best to get some good quality probiotic in you and lots of prebiotic foods and this should go away. I think it took about 3 months for me to notice improvement (it might have happened earlier, but I remember one day just saying to myself “hey, I no longer have issues with my digestion” haha).

Nice to hear from you again, although I am sorry that it is related to digestion problem 🙂

Best of luck to you Thomas!

Arijana

Hi Arijana!

I am so happy that you feel such much better. At times I was really worried for you. I made a big step forward when I figured out that I cant stomach fibre and carbs. I think I am coming to the root of the problem. It could be low stomach acid as this will result in bacterial overgrowth on the small intestines. The results are gas, pain, reactions from the immune system, deppression, ulcers, inflamations, acid reflux etc. I have to come back to a state where I can eat all veggies again. I am well on the way to get out of the mess and I am positive. Hold your faith for me too and I will make it. 🙂

thanks
    Thomas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Questions about stomachacids!’ is closed to new replies.