Questions about SIBO

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about SIBO

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaumeb 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

trlevi
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 12

I know this is a site for Candida, but was wondering if anyone had any advice for dealing with SIBO. I already did 2 rounds of Rifaxamin. The first one worked for a short while, but the second doesn’t seem to have done much. Any suggestions as to where to look or where to begin would be greatly appreciated.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

What are you eating?

trlevi
    Participant

I am eating a low fodmap/paleo diet with no grains. So, I eat mostly cooked vegetables and moderate portions of meat at 2 of my meals. Occasionally I will have a piece of allowed fruit, but not that frequently because I think doing so gives me diarrhea. I have also been incorporating kimchee, sauerkraut, and have just started to make my own kefir to see if I can handle it.

Jaumeb
    Participant

I am surprised you have sibo with that diet. How do you know you have sibo? Did you test positive recently?

trlevi
    Participant

Yes, I tested positive to a hydrogen breath test. I didn’t do one after treatment, but I still have symptoms, the most pronounced being diarrhea. I also have very mild histamine intolerance.

Jaumeb
    Participant

In my opinion, sibo responds well to paleo or low carb diet. The reason for your diarrhea and histamine intolerance could be a fungal overgrowth which, unfortunately, does not respond to paleo or low carb diets.

I am still trying to find a solution for this fungal overgrowth. My stool test showed an overgrowth of candida. I also tested low for deaminoxidase in a blood test (histamine intolerance).

In addition to the diarrhea, abdominal pain and psychological symptoms, I also have some fungal problems on my feet and nails.

trlevi
    Participant

I am sorry to hear that. Don’t give up hope, though. We just have to keep trudging along and find what works for us individually. As you mentioned, it is quite possible that I have a fungal infection (candida). My hope is that my further attempts will address both issues. Best of luck, Jaumeb! And, thanks for responding!

Jaumeb
    Participant

Stay in touch. Let us know about your progress.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Questions about SIBO’ is closed to new replies.