Questions about safe foods

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about safe foods

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

TheNightTerror
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

It’s my first time posting here, but I’ve been suffering from a candida overgrowth for over 2 years now. I’ve been weeding out trigger foods as I find them, and while I’m close to having a custom diet sorted out, I’m in an awkward situation. I can’t find a single candida safe carb source that doesn’t contain sugar, and the few carbs I’ve found that don’t bother me are forbidden on the official candida diet.

I don’t know what to do here. On one hand, I want to make sure I’m doing this right, so I’ll have a hope of recovering, because I can’t go on like this. I’ve had to eliminate almost every single nutritious food from my diet because of its sugar content, it’s only a matter of time before I wind up with vitamin deficiencies.

On the other hand, I don’t see why I should cut out foods that aren’t causing symptoms. I already have a severely restricted diet; breakfast is an egg on a small pancake, dinner is meat with rice and celery, my two snacks are a bowl of popcorn, and meat in a tortilla wrap. That is all that I can eat, and I’ve varied the amount of those foods enough times that if they were trigger foods, I’d have had a reaction by now.

Can anyone offer any advice, let me know if it’s okay to keep eating those foods if they’re not causing trouble, or maybe help me figure out where the heck I can get my carbs from if I can’t have grains? I’d really appreciate some help.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yup sugar and carbs are found in almost all of the foods you eat, there is no way to avoid them. This is not a sugar or carb elimination diet, this is a sugar reduction diet. And I wouldn’t even worry about carbs because you need them to function and be normal. I would not be paranoid about sugar and carbs feeding candida…because it feeds on what you eat strict diet or not. You cannot kill all of the yeast so don’t even try.

-raster

TheNightTerror

@raster, I’m not trying to eliminate carbs, not by a long shot, I’m actually trying to find sugar free carb sources. Maybe I wasn’t clear, I’m only trying to eliminate sugar because I have such a severe reaction to it. Are you saying the diet is pointless then? I’m going crazy here, I want to get better, if the diet doesn’t treat the overgrowth, then what the heck does?

raster
    Participant

Its all about feeding the yeast less while supporting your immune system in the meantime. Also you can cause the yeast to morph back to the non-pathogenic version by using SF722 undecenoic acid. You need to replenish your beneficial gut flora in order to get better. I would avoid the “kill the yeast” mentality if at all possible because its impossible to kill all of it off. If we killed off all of the yeast in our bodies we would die because we need candida to live and function.

-raster

TheNightTerror

Okay, I think I’m following here. Thanks for the tip about the acid! It’s going to be impossible to get rid of the “kill the yeast” mentality though, the way I’ve been eating is so expensive that I’d be going hungry if I didn’t fall back on popcorn. Vitamin supplements are out of the question, and my diet is so restricted that I have to have a few serious deficiencies. It’s just a matter of time before they start causing problems, I want to kill the overgrowth before they do, you know what I mean?

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

The list is gone. Now what can we eat? 🙁

raster
    Participant

I can make a new food list if you want me to. Its pretty simple actually.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Questions about safe foods’ is closed to new replies.