Questions about High Fat suppliments

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about High Fat suppliments

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hntrak
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

My wife had a severe concussion about 6 weeks ago – she is on things high in omega-3 (canned wild red salmon, fermented cod liver oil (with a natural butter – high fat) – walnuts, and flax seed. Can you tell me if these things would be prohibitive to this diet?

Thank you,

Matthew

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take fermented cod liver oil and its a great anti-inflammantory supplement. It also has a more natural ratio of vitamins A and D when compared to other cod liver oils.

The walnuts and flax seeds are the only thing thats iffy because they have molds in them because they are dried food items. Flax seeds may be OK; treat it as a test food item. Walnuts if soaked and roasted won’t have any molds within them (you need to soak them for a few hours in water).

Have you seen the allowed foods list on the forum?

-raster

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

Raster.. can you give me a link to the cod liver oil supplement you take? also i am about to unergo the cleanse. I wanna take as many supplements as i can, can you tell me if that one would be okay to take?

raster
    Participant

This is what I take:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=fermented+cod+liver+oil&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=872&wrapid=tlif132797114373810&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5369404208505196592&sa=X&ei=TDsnT-70CImliQLZtqmWAQ&ved=0CJYBEPMCMAI#

hntrak
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Raster,

Thank you – I did see the permitted / not-permitted list. I just didn’t see those particular things on there (maybe I missed them). Thank you for the advice – the cod liver oil is a good thing. I notice they said only sockeye salmon – can you have red salmon as well (it was harvested from the ocean – or the Copper River).
    Thanks again.

raster
    Participant

The supplements you take are seperate from the allowed foods list. Each one of us is taking a different combination of vitamins and for different reasons. Me and able haven’t created a list anything in this regards other than the link I gave you on another post by him (its also in the index of posts, click the search button and type index for a lot of great information.)

A natural way to get these nutrients is to eat fish of course! I wouldn’t worry too much about the type of fish you eat, there are only a few high in mercury. Check out able’s new post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2081_Fish-Mercury-Contents.aspx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Questions about High Fat suppliments’ is closed to new replies.