Questions about Enzymes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about Enzymes

This topic contains 59 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

lbrenner800
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

1. Do enzymes cause die-off reactions?

2. Could someone recommend me a good Enzyme? I’m overwhelmed by all the different brands

3. Do enzymes function differently than bitters? Which is better?

Thank you

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Enzymes can cause problems like any supplement but it should generally bring benefit, because it’ll help break down the food you eat. It should kill a minor amount of yeast very slowly so a typical person shouldn’t experience die-off.

The enzyme product I recommend is pro-gest but it might not be needed for everyone. It has a variety of digestive aids within it such as HCL and ox bile. Certain people should take bitters instead…the reason has to do with the galbladder. I can’t really explain it because I don’t know much about these organs, but I would do some online searches “galbladder digestive enzymes,” etc.

I just saw this bitters product produced locally in my state:
    http://www.oregonswildharvest.com/owh/browse/product/digestive_bitters

-raster

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Enzymes are really proteins. Some enzymes are RNA (the “cousin” of DNA), but I don’t expect RNA enzymes in a commercial product, so we can safely assume that any product on the market contains proteins.

Enzymes only function is the right circumstances. For example, pepsin[/u] functions in a band around a pH of 2.0. Other enzymes have different requirements on acidity, temperature, the presence or absence of metal ions or electrolytes, and so on.

I suspect that most commercial products that are marketed as enzymes do contain some enzymes, but as far as the body is concerned they are just proteins, which are quickly digested into the amino acids of which they consist.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Floggi;53461 wrote:
    Enzymes are really proteins. Some enzymes are RNA (the “cousin” of DNA), but I don’t expect RNA enzymes in a commercial product, so we can safely assume that any product on the market contains proteins.

Enzymes only function is the right circumstances. For example, pepsin[/u] functions in a band around a pH of 2.0. Other enzymes have different requirements on acidity, temperature, the presence or absence of metal ions or electrolytes, and so on.

I suspect that most commercial products that are marketed as enzymes do contain some enzymes, but as far as the body is concerned they are just proteins, which are quickly digested into the amino acids of which they consist.

That is true to a degree, but pretty much everyone that uses them experiences changes in their digestion both when they start and stop them, sometimes dramatic. Some people can even develop a dependence, even if only temporary.

Floggi

That depends heavily on the enzymes, and on possible additives that you ingest together with the enzymes.

Ingested enzymes can only do something if they are able to function in the extremely acid environment of the stomach. All other enzymes are indistinguishable from any other proteins.

Of course, if the enzymes you ingest are “enriched” with additives, it’s quite possible that the enzymes don’t function at all other than as a small additional supply of proteins, but that the additives do something.

Finally, let’s not forget about the oh so important placebo effect.

impossible

Floggi;53561 wrote:
    That depends heavily on the enzymes, and on possible additives that you ingest together with the enzymes.

Ingested enzymes can only do something if they are able to function in the extremely acid environment of the stomach. All other enzymes are indistinguishable from any other proteins.

Of course, if the enzymes you ingest are “enriched” with additives, it’s quite possible that the enzymes don’t function at all other than as a small additional supply of proteins, but that the additives do something.

Finally, let’s not forget about the oh so important placebo effect.

Really? So what additives break food down? Pooping undigested food can occur from a placebo effect? lol what a joke

Floggi

impossible;53566 wrote: So what additives break food down?

Are you seriously saying that additives cannot have an influence on digestion? If so, please educate yourself.

impossible;53566 wrote: Pooping undigested food can occur from a placebo effect?

Why are you bringing up the subject of pooping undigested food, and why are you implying that this could be caused by the placebo effect? I cannot find any mention of this in this entire thread, so you must have a reason for suggesting this correlation. Would you care informing us about the reasons for making such improbable statements?

impossible

I was going to type out a post explaining it like I would to a 4 year old, but Im not going to do that. Stop trying to sidestep and murk the waters as an attempt to not look like an idiot, its not working.

Answer my question.

Floggi

I’m not going to answer questions about things you said.

I thought that would be obvious.

impossible

You know exactly what I meant. So what additives break down food?

impossible

Answer the question

impossible

Or admit you dont have an answer. You are going to run out of ways of side skirting the question eventually.

Floggi

Please don’t ask questions about things I didn’t say.

I expected you to be capable to read back and see what I really wrote. Since it seems you’re not able to do this, I’ll quote myself here:

Floggi;53561 wrote: it’s quite possible that the enzymes don’t function at all […], but that the additives do something.

impossible

Are you implying with that answer that possible additives in enzyme supplements do not break down food?

Floggi

I am not implying anything. Just that there may be additives that may influence digestion in some way or another.

They might break down food. But that’s just one possibility. They might also influence the stomach’s acidity. Or they might influence the bile, somewhat later in the digestion process. They might alter some digestion products or half-products. They might influence the gut bacteria.

I’m sure there are many more possibilities that I’m overlooking now.

My statement really boils down to the remark that you are ingesting more than just enzymes when you “take enzymes”. This yet unknown “more” stuff might well have an influence on the digestive process.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Questions about Enzymes’ is closed to new replies.