Questions about Dietary Protocols: Legumes, Nuts, & Select Fruits

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about Dietary Protocols: Legumes, Nuts, & Select Fruits

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lemuel
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

It seems that there is a strong divergence in practice on how one should incorporate foods that fall outside of the anti-candida staple groups. Foods such as legumes, berries, and nuts tend to be introduced later in the diet. Hence, the following concerns and questions for the more experienced members of this forum.

By food and category:

-Berries-
    Strawberries and blueberries, sweet berries?
    Blackberry, raspberry?
    Berry Juices?

-Nuts-
    Raw seems to be preferred?
    Cashew, Walnut, Hazelnut, Almond?
    Butters, salted and pressed?

-Grains-
    Buckwheat groats, when to add to the diet?
    any other grains?

-Tomatoes-
    There are many varieties of tomatoes, from cherry to beefsteak, which are appropriate and when?

-Pears-
    Low in sugar, viable?

-Legumes-
    Lentils, Chickpeas, Alfalfa, Beans: Pinto/Black/etc?
    When to introduce?

================================================================

Please share your knowledge of these foods and personal experience with them.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would introduce almost all of these in stage 2 which is when you should become symptom free. This should take many months. The berries may bring benefit in the meantime by reducing the inflammation in the gut.

Buckwheat is generally regarded as being pretty safe for almost everyone on the diet, so I would introduce this as your first item and you can do it whenever you want basically.

Hope this helps.

-raster

Lemuel
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

What is the rating on the following grains:

* Millet
    * Quinoa
    * Sorghum
    * Teff
    * Amaranth
    * Montina

one will notice these are primarily gluten-free products.

Which are acceptable and at what stages?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t consume quinoa, amaranth, and rice until stage 3 (regularly). Never had montina or sorghum.

Millet and teff will bring the most benefit out of these because they are prebiotics that feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut. So I would try these out stage 1.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Questions about Dietary Protocols: Legumes, Nuts, & Select Fruits’ is closed to new replies.