Questions about chicken…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questions about chicken…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

lonelygirl
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 14

I need your advice desperately! I am in two months on the diet but wondering if my meat intake is why I am not improving as much as I could be. I still have a way to go as far as being symptom free although I have improved so much already. Here’s what I eat on a daily basis:

4 eggs
    half a loaf of coconut bread (which contains 3 additional eggs)
    2-3 avacados
    3 tbsp. extra virgin organic coconut oil
    2-3 large heads of romaine lettuce (blended in Vitamix as a drink)
    One pound of organic chicken breasts
    3 cucumbers

Antifungals include Sf722, oil of oregano, and candicid forte by orthomolecular. Also taking 200 billion probiotics by Renew Life and ten billion S. Bourardii. Mainly I am worried about eating too much meat as Able has stressed laying off it so our bodies can heal. I don’t know what else I can eat though! I get cystic acne with any dairy so kefir is out. I have extremely clear skin without any dairy whatsoever so this diet has given me glowing skin:)
    Also any food high in oxalates and I’m itching way worse for days!

Should I skip the meat and eat more eggs and avacados? Vegetables are so expensive and just don’t fill me up enough!

I have a one year old child and also work as a nurse and I so I am burning up calories like crazy! I weigh only 108 pounds and was down to 101 before starting on the coconut bread. People are starting to make comments every day about how skinny I am and it’s starting to get annoying:(

Thanks for your help anyone and everyone! I have to say for me the best road to recovery has been spiritual. I don’t have any peace without trusting the Lord to be my healer! We will always experience pain and sorrow here on earth but I am looking forward to my heavenly home with Him! When I take my eyes of Him and focus on my problems I become a mess quickly!

I hardly ever post on here but I do get on often to read what you guys write. You are all such a blessing and an encouragement to me to keep going. Thanks for your input:)

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

I would not think that the meat intake would be a problem (especially since you indicate organic chicken). Given the limitations of this kind of diet I wouldn’t try to limit meat too much as there isn’t a whole lot left but meat and green veggies.

Just wondering, though, is this exactly what you eat every day? If so you might want to mix it up a little with different types of meat: some fish, especially sardines which do not accumulate a lot of toxins, perhaps some organic, grass fed beef, bone broth soup, etc. If you really do want to reduce your animal intake, hemp seed is an excellent source of protein and fiber – though it is pricey – you could add it to your smoothies.

I’m not sure you’d be better off trading the meat for more eggs since you’re already eating 4 eggs. Avacados are good.

Also, romaine lettuce doesn’t have a huge amount of nutrients. Have you tried adding kale to your smoothies instead? It does not have oxalates and is packed with nutrients.

You mention dairy is a problem, can you drink goat milk kefir?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think you are eating enough food either. I would check out the recipes on the forum for ideas, the website has others as well. I eat 1/2 pound of chicken breast per day and this might be a way to reduce your intake…

I would not eat beef though because it takes days to digest and it ferments in the gut.

-raster

lonelygirl

Thanks for the quick replies! Raster can you tell me what you ate on a daily basis while on stage 1? Is oat bran allowed? What do you eat now? Uncle Oxidant are you symptom free and if so how did you get there? My doctor wanted me to try a diet of only meat and vegetables with no grains and I don’t know how much longer I can last doing this. I was hoping I would be closer to being symptom free by now. I still get die off everyday in the form of achy back and neck. Raster you have said expect 6-18 months for a cure but weren’t you symptom free in two if I recall correctly? I would love to be able to eat beans and oat bran but I have so much anxiety about the itching and it’s not going away as much as I hoped. Maybe Able will read this and have some advice too. I would love to have his input as well.

lonelygirl

Kale is very high in oxalates. Some say it is and some say not but my experience tells me it is right up there with spinach.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

lonelygirl;31579 wrote: I need your advice desperately! I am in two months on the diet but wondering if my meat intake is why I am not improving as much as I could be. I still have a way to go as far as being symptom free although I have improved so much already.

A reason can always be found when someone doesn’t improve on a good Candida diet and protocol after a few months; in your case, you probably won’t see much of an improvement in your symptoms until you stop taking goldenseal and berberine which are in the Candicid Forte.

Besides destroying the beneficial bacteria with goldenseal and berberine you’re also not feeding them very well. If you can’t eat more vegetables then I would advise you to purchase FOS which is a good prebiotic. At least with this you will be supplying food for the bacteria so that they can grow and multiply, that is, providing you stop taking the Candicid Forte.
    Of course with your diet, you’re receiving very few of the minerals and vitamins normally supplied by the daily intake of vegetables.

I would also cut back on the amount of chicken you’re eating on a daily basis and add more eggs for protein.

The avoidance of weight loss is a simple matter of obtaining more calories than you’re burning; if this is what you’re doing then adding more food to your daily diet is the only way to change what’s happening.

Are you still adding to the amount of coconut oil? A woman can take up to 16 teaspoons a day depending on her size, but of course you’ll need to work up to that amount. This will also help you to stop the weight loss.

I assume that you have a link to the strict diet, if not, just send me a private message requesting it.

Able

lonelygirl

Thank you so much for your reply Able. I was tested through Metametrix labs and my yeast level was the highest number they give. So I know I have it bad. I’ve been battling this monster for four years without knowing what I was dealing with most of that time. Anyway, the Metametrix website says to avoid FOS as it also feeds yeast. I would think they know what they are talking about since they were the only ones who could actually diagnose me with science!!! On to your other point about Candicid Forte – doesn’t oregano oil also kill good bacteria? My Doctor (also from Metametrix through a consult) recommended oil of oregano and also Candex. Able, I know you don’t recommend Candex which is why I haven’t proceeded with that too. I just want to kill this beast you know? Somewhere I read that the Candicid was effective and I wanted to try it. This awful itching interferes with everything:(

How much oat bran can I safely eat? I know I could eat a lot and I have eaten two cups a day in the past. This would allow me to cut back on chicken which would be not only cheaper but quicker to prepare:) I could also increase my coconut oil this way because it tastes good with the oat bran. My doctor wants me to avoid grains but he also said he thought I would be better in two months time which hasn’t happened! 🙁

Onto a positive note – God has a plan in all this suffering I am going through. If nothing else it will teach me character:) He is able to bring healing! Looking to Jesus who suffered on my behalf and understands better than anyone else what I am going through. “Though I have fallen, I will rise…I will see his righteousness!” Micah 7:8-9

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

Uncle Oxidant are you symptom free and if so how did you get there?

I am not symptom free. I just started the diet 2 weeks ago- I had candida 20 years ago, got over it after about a year – probably took 18 months to really get back to normal. Recently I recognized that I was having the same kinds of symptoms again after some 3 courses of antibiotics this year. However, I have had a lot of improvement in some of the symtoms,most notably the anxiety & panic is way better. Still having some balance symtoms, but those are generally better too. The main problem now is an apparent hiatal hernia which tends to limit how much I can eat – but even that seems to be improving with some stretching exercises.

As for kale containing oxalates, yes, apparently it does have some, but according to this site it is a low oxalate vegetable: http://bodyecology.com/articles/boiling-your-vegetables-low-oxalate-solution-reduce-pain.php At the website they recommend steaming or boiling to reduce oxalate content. If you can’t eat kale, then perhaps you should consider sea vegetables (seaweed, kelp, dulse and the like)? You need more minerals than lettuce can supply. I also generally tend to eat some locally produced, live, organic saurkraut at most meals. I’d guess (not sure though) that the oxalate content could be reduced in the fermentation process. I have seen recipes for making your own kraut out of kale.

Edit: Actually, I just realized that if you can eat lettuce (and apparently you’re eating that because it has no oxalates) then you could eat dandelion greens. Very nutritious, but kind of bitter. You could add them to your smoothies. If you keep your yard organic like I do, you’ll have a ready supply even this time of the year. Dandelion is in the lettuce family.

As for oat bran, it should be ok to eat some each day – probably a cup is ok, I don’t know what the carb content is right off hand? (note that it expands a lot when cooked, so a cup probably turns into 2 or 3 cups of porridge). In the morning I make a porridge of oat bran, teff and amaranth to which I add coconut flakes and coconut oil. Note that teff is very nutritious you should consider adding some of that to your oat bran. IIRC a 1/2 cup of teff has something like 90% of your magnesium requirement (folks with candida are generally low on Mg) a good amount of protein and it has quite a bit of fiber. It’s also quite high in manganese.

As for beef, yes it can be difficult to digest so I should clarify: you should make bone broth soup from organic beef bones, ribs, oxtails & the like – I get them at the butcher counter at my local organic store – usually there’s a little meat & fat on them. It’s great if you can get bones with lots of marrow. Use a crock pot. Put the bones in with enough water to cover, add about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar & salt. Let it soak for a couple of hours that way before turning on the crock pot. Then add your spices, garlic, vegetables, etc. and turn it on high for about 2 hours. after that back it off to low and let it go all day long – the longer the better. I usually have some the first day and then run it again for the 2nd day. Bone broth soup is very healing for the digestive tract and has lots of minerals in it.

Again, you probably need to add more variety to your diet as you risk malnutrition with your current diet.

Able900
    Spectator

Thank you so much for your reply Able. I was tested through Metametrix labs and my yeast level was the highest number they give. So I know I have it bad. I’ve been battling this monster for four years without knowing what I was dealing with most of that time. Anyway, the Metametrix website says to avoid FOS as it also feeds yeast.

The Candida will adapt to almost any food put into the body eventually; does this mean we stop eating altogether? You’re not eating a decent amount of vegetables or any other prebiotic so you’re not keeping the flora alive, this cannot lead to a cure. It really is that simply. And it depends on the amount of beneficial flora in the intestines when it comes to how fast Candida can adapt to different environments and foods.

By the way, I’ve taken FOS on and off for different periods of time for two years, and if I’m not mistaken, it seems I remember reading that Raster has also taken it, yet we have both reached the third stage of the diet and treatment and beyond.

How much oat bran can I safely eat?

This can be different amounts for different people depending on their situation. It ‘s best to test it slowly starting with perhaps one teaspoon a day and slowly working your way up to an amount that will help you to stop losing weight.
    Most antifungals, including oil of oregano, destroy some of the good bacteria along with the yeast, but coconut oil is one that does not, in fact, it actually benefits the bacteria.

Able

lonelygirl

Thanks again for the replies! Y’all are so helpful! Able I will take your advice and eat more veggies. I used to eat a head of cauliflower and six zucchini a day along with bell pepper, onion, celery and lettuce. I stopped when I read that some vegetables are high in sugar. You are right though that a person has to eat! It’s good news that this will help too with feeding the good guys:)

I also just ordered NOW brand FOS on amazon. I plan on quitting all my antifungals except for coconut oil (will up the dose to 5 tbsp) and SF722. Does this sound like a good idea? I will also take your advice and experiment with teff and oatbran.

Uncle Oxidant that is great to hear you have successfully done this diet before. I would love to hear more about your experience over the 18 months if you can recall what your symptoms were and what helped you the most.

I guess if I’m in this for the long haul I have to make sure my body gets the necessary nutrients. My eye has been twitching lot lately which I read can be a sign of magnesium deficiency so this worries me as well.

Able900
    Spectator

lonelygirl;31602 wrote: My eye has been twitching lot lately which I read can be a sign of magnesium deficiency so this worries me as well.

Research says that Myokymia or eye twitching is due to either a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Other studies have also shown that they’ll twitch from a vitamin B12 (cobalamin) deficiency, so most people don’t know which deficiency or deficiencies they have without being tested. Since you don’t eat dairy, it could be calcium, but you also don’t eat a lot of nutrient mineral-rich vegetables containing magnesium. “Soft” fish containing edible bones such as sardines canned in oil are usually rich in both calcium and magnesium, and tuna is quite rich in magnesium.

Good luck to you on your journey.
    Able

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

To the excellent replies, I would only add that buckwheat flakes have been extremely useful for me. I eat two large bowls per day. Since I can’t tolerate coconut bread, it’s been a God send.

Len

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Questions about chicken…’ is closed to new replies.