Questioning my Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Questioning my Candida

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Resis
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello,
    I’m an 18-year-old and have dealt with eczema and digestion related problems all my life. It seriously stopped me from achieving some things in life when it comes to college and work, and that’s when I just discovered the Candida diet online! I don’t know if I have Candida, but I hope by giving a list of problems I endure daily might give me my answer from you guys.

– Eczema.
    – Constant Digestion issues (Constipation, Flatulence, Diaharea)
    – Serious Bad Breath.
    – Fecal Body Odour.
    – Anxiety & Mind Blankness.

Do all these symptoms link with Candida? If so please respond because I would love to sort my health issues out as soon as possible!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

They can certainly all be linked to Candida or at least some other gut issue. Have you taken lots of antibiotics in the past? Have you been tested? A stool test would be a big help.

Resis
    Participant

No, i’ve never taken many antibiotics in the past. I had my stool tested around a year ago and the results came back that I had nothing wrong with me (which in my opinion is completely wrong) so the hospital put me on a waiting list and told me to follow the fodmap diet.

Wiley200
    Participant

Antibiotics is usually the primary cause of candida. A really high sugar diet might do it too, so maybe that could be the cause? Other possibilities include long-term birth control usage.

Did the FODMAP diet help? Have you identified particular food groups that are causing problems?

You could also just follow some of the protocols on this website and see if they help.

Resis
    Participant

I’m thinking my high intake of sugar could be the problem. Yeah, the FODMAP diet did help, but I just found it difficult to follow. Do you have any tips that could help?

Wiley200
    Participant

The FODMAP diet is very restrictive and avoids lots of healthy veggies, probiotic foods etc that are included in the candida diet. I haven’t tried FODMAP, but I now it’s meant to be only a very short term solution. You’ll need to come up with a longer term plan.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend professional advice for a tailored plan for when you are ready vs. trying to treat yourself. You have problems greater than candida by itself and require deeper detoxification.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Questioning my Candida’ is closed to new replies.