Question regarding transition from detox to strict diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question regarding transition from detox to strict diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Candidex 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Candidex
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I’ve been on strict detox for 5 days now… Been doing chia/bentonite detox drink twice a day, whole lemon in warm water on wake up, molybdenum and bitters, liver cleanse tea 3 times a day and milk thistle at night. Eating veggies sautéed in coconut oil the last day and a half once or twice/day ( and 1 avocado each day for last two days. (First three days were just water, veggie broth, chia drink and supplements)
    My question is as I transition to the strict diet… Which of the above do I continue?
    I’ve not experienced any die off symptoms (that I’m aware of).
    By going to the strict diet, I’m only really adding proteins (likely just organic eggs and fish once in awhile) and in a week adding anti-fungals…
    Should I continue the detox drink twice a day? Bitters I assume are always a good idea as is warm water and lemon…. But do I *need* to?
    With work… It’s tough to do all the supplements and detox drink at the right times… And I’m finding I’m forcing myself to eat the veggies as I’m not hungry *at all*

Are there things I should/can be stopping, and/or starting as I transition?

Sorry if this is old news to forum members… Trying to piece everything together from what I’ve been reading here and elsewhere.
    Planning on transitioning in another 2 days. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Candidex;49966 wrote: I’ve been on strict detox for 5 days now… Been doing chia/bentonite detox drink twice a day, whole lemon in warm water on wake up, molybdenum and bitters, liver cleanse tea 3 times a day and milk thistle at night. Eating veggies sautéed in coconut oil the last day and a half once or twice/day ( and 1 avocado each day for last two days. (First three days were just water, veggie broth, chia drink and supplements)
    My question is as I transition to the strict diet… Which of the above do I continue?
    I’ve not experienced any die off symptoms (that I’m aware of).

Very good. I was only able to hold on the detox period for 3 days. The fact that you didn’t experience die off symptoms can be related to the fact that you didn’t take antifungals yet besides the coconut oil, which you didn’t need to take during the detox period. The only thing that you should eat during a detox period are veggies and detox drinks and things that protect your liver (molybdenum, milk thistle, …). So, no supplements, coconut oil, antifungals, …

Candidex;49966 wrote: By going to the strict diet, I’m only really adding proteins (likely just organic eggs and fish once in awhile) and in a week adding anti-fungals…

First week: add organic eggs. You can also add other kinds of protein sources like hemp seeds and chlorella or spirulina. After two weeks, you can add fish or organic chicken to your diet. Only once a week. Then the next week 2 times a week and so on until you can have this once a day.

Candidex;49966 wrote: Should I continue the detox drink twice a day? Bitters I assume are always a good idea as is warm water and lemon…. But do I *need* to?
    With work… It’s tough to do all the supplements and detox drink at the right times… And I’m finding I’m forcing myself to eat the veggies as I’m not hungry *at all*

In this diet you don’t *need* to do anything. It’s up to you what you want to consume. Some things are really recommended, like extra virgin coconut oil and kefir.
    I would stop taking the detox drink for now and focus on antifungals and probiotics.
    Bitters are always a good idea. Don’t eat when you are not hungry, unless you need to work for some time without the chance to eat.

About the timing:
    1 week after the cleanse: supplements and vitamins
    2 weeks after the cleanse: antifungals
    3 weeks after the cleanse: (home made) kefir

It is a good idea to take vitamin c from the beginning.
    Alternate between your antifungals.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d continue with the molybdenum and bitters but you don’t need to do continue the other stuff.

-raster

Candidex
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the response.
    I had to add lysine and garlic last night due to the beginnings of a herpes flare up. I hope that’s okay.
    Thinking I might just transition to strict diet starting today as a result. (Also hemmorhoids flaring up – both at once is *no* fun… Thinking that means I need more fiber)
    It’s always kind of stumped me why it’s so easy for me to fast for days on end without any hunger at all… I wonder what it means about my metabolism and general health. I usually eat *relatively* healthy, but due to work schedule meal times have often been pretty erratic and often go all day without eating before dinner (not healthy – I know!)
    This forum is fantastic… Been devouring it the past few weeks. Thanks *so* much for everyone who contributes their precious time to put so much heart and soul into helping others!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Question regarding transition from detox to strict diet’ is closed to new replies.