Question regarding Fermented Milk Thistle and Re-starting anti-fungals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question regarding Fermented Milk Thistle and Re-starting anti-fungals

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lori.m 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lori.m
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 2

Hi, This is my first post and I would like to start out by thanking Raster for all  your time and help you have given to others, I have learned a lot from reading your past posts!

Question 1- I have 4 bottles of Fermented Milk Thistle that I got last year when I thought my only problem was Adrenal Fatigue. The first stage was to detox my liver, so I stocked up. Is it OK to take now to help my liver when I have Candida?

I was later diagnosed in November with SIBO (which I had for over 1 year) and a C-Diff infection. I took antibiotics and in the next two months got VERY,VERY sick. Then I found out I had a bad case Of Candida Overgrowth. Actually I am pretty sure I have been struggling with it for years. My mother has yeast issues and actually had a bad Yeast Infection when I was born, so I was put in isolation. When I was little I had ear infections, in my 20’s I had Yeast Infections, and in my 30’s I had regular sinus infections and UTIs which needed antibiotics. After I went through 6 years of infertility treatments and 2 rounds of IVF (last one successful!!!) and OBGYN putting me on hormones to control my long periods I started getting a lot of different yeast issues all over my body (I just didn’t know what the cause was or even that they were related). After all of this, I got the SIBO, C-Diff, adrenal issues (after a fire in our home), low thyroid (better now), a raging Candida issue, Leaky Gut, and i think multiple food sensitivities. I am very strict on the diet but I think I might be re-introducing foods too fast. I have been having bloating and digestive stress  a lot lately. Which leads me to question 2….

Question 2- If you introduce a food and have a flare-up, do you need to get back on the stronger anti-fungals you were on at the beginning?

I appreciate any input.

I am also taking Raster’s advice from another post and finally going to see a local holistic doctor on Monday. I am tired of trying to save money and going it alone.

Thank you,

~Lori

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is my liver cleanse here:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/rasters-late-in-your-treatment-liver-cleanse-updated-with-links-9/

I dunno if you are one of the ones I am send to my ND or not, but I wouldn’t do anything until you consult them first.

If you have a flare up just take more of the gentle antifungals such as SF722 or coconut oil and you’ll be fine within a few days.

-raster

lori.m
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 2

Raster,

Thanks for the quick response and info.

I think I am going to wait until the 6 month mark to do the liver cleanse for a “mop up” (as per your previous post recommendation). I am only at the 2 month mark, but I did do some liver cleansing already last month- lots of lemon water, I juiced dandelion greens (w/celery, lettuce & ginger) every day for 3 weeks, detox tea and a charcoal patch.

I think maybe I should focus on gut healing right now . I went out and got L-Glutamine, Quercetin & Licorice Root Tea. I am also taking Aloe Gel 2x a day. Is this enough to help my leaky gut?

I also got Chamomile tea and Inulin to help w/ bowel movements (I have only been going every other day and it is quite large!).

Thanks for your help!

~Lori

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Question regarding Fermented Milk Thistle and Re-starting anti-fungals’ is closed to new replies.