Question on Baking Soda for Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question on Baking Soda for Candida

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Peyt
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 51

Hi ,
    Does anyone know how to use baking soda for Candida?

I read in another forum that it should be taken with small amount of maple syrup or molasses… the idea is that bacteria comes to eat the sweet and gets killed by the baking soda… but I wonder if that is for cancer and other stuff and not applicable for candida and want to ask you guys….

Is Baking Soda to be used by itself or do you combine it with something sweet??
    Also should it be taken early in the morning? if not when is a good time?

THanks so much
    Peyt

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

You shouldn’t be taking any kind of molasses or syrup. Also, candida is not a bacteria, it is a fungus. There are many different anti-fungals that you can use, which are listed as a part of the whole diet and protocol – http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Baking soda is antifungal. It also alters the pH of the body. I would test your pH to determine whether you are close to pH neutral or not. Alkaline and acidic environments both benefit the yeast and disease, most healthy humans should be pH neutral.

-raster

Peyt

raster;49076 wrote: Baking soda is antifungal. It also alters the pH of the body. I would test your pH to determine whether you are close to pH neutral or not. Alkaline and acidic environments both benefit the yeast and disease, most healthy humans should be pH neutral.

-raster

Good point raster,
    This stool test shows my PH as 6.2
    My nutritionist said it was too acidic so I figured Baking Soda should help right?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes. You should be closer to 6.8ish ideally. My pH was 4.0 when I started out and according to able, the yeast wouldn’t be able to thrive in this environment (he thinks that yeast can’t live in acidic environments). But I was deftly ill. When my pH rose to closer to neutral, I started to feel a lot better.

There are other things that can increase your pH. For instance, I use this really fancy baking soda called pleo alkala. This is the stuff naturopath’s use instead of baking soda, and its way more effective than baking soda (so tread carefully if you get this product).

Don’t use too much baking soda or alkalizing stuff because you can develop kidney stones if you overuse it. You need to drink plenty of water to flush it out the body so it isn’t hard on the kidneys. The water will also help reconstitute the body…if you become dehydrated you become more acidic. Water and pH have a strong relationship.

-raster

Peyt

raster;49078 wrote: Yes. You should be closer to 6.8ish ideally. My pH was 4.0 when I started out and according to able, the yeast wouldn’t be able to thrive in this environment (he thinks that yeast can’t live in acidic environments). But I was deftly ill. When my pH rose to closer to neutral, I started to feel a lot better.

There are other things that can increase your pH. For instance, I use this really fancy baking soda called pleo alkala. This is the stuff naturopath’s use instead of baking soda, and its way more effective than baking soda (so tread carefully if you get this product).

Don’t use too much baking soda or alkalizing stuff because you can develop kidney stones if you overuse it. You need to drink plenty of water to flush it out the body so it isn’t hard on the kidneys. The water will also help reconstitute the body…if you become dehydrated you become more acidic. Water and pH have a strong relationship.

-raster

I see, well thanks raster,
    The funny thing is my stomach acid is actually low, so I take HCL with food. and now I take baking soda early in the morning on an empty stomach,
    This was confusing to me because how can my PH show acidic and have low stomach acid at the same time?!!

I watched this video about PH which helped me understand a little better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqFGhA0hz3o

Apparently blood PH levels and PH levels in the stomach, intestine and colon are at different levels.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;49076 wrote: according to able, the yeast wouldn’t be able to thrive in this environment (he thinks that yeast can’t live in acidic environments). But I was deftly ill. When my pH rose to closer to neutral, I started to feel a lot better.

Did you check the pH balance of your intestines, Raster?

I would test your pH to determine whether you are close to pH neutral or not.

Which is a total waste of time unless you’re checking the pH balance of the inside of your intestines where the Candida are digging in.

raster;49076 wrote: Baking soda is antifungal. It also alters the pH of the body.

Baking soda is also dangerous (see P.S.) and not the least bit necessary on a Candida treatment.

Alkaline and acidic environments both benefit the yeast…

You just keep on breaking your own record, don’t you.
    Both alkaline and acidic environments DO NOT benefit yeast. In fact, an alkaline environment is the reason that the benign Candida yeast are able to turn on the fungal gene which changes them into the fungal form of Candida.

A change to an acidic environment in the intestines by replenishing the acid-producing beneficial bacteria is the reason the fungal gene is turned off and the yeast become benign once again.

Now would you be so kind as to explain to the nice people how an acidic environment and acid-producing bacteria benefit the Candida?

Sean

PS: Baking soda interferes with the absorption and digestion of nutrients as well as proteins; something all Candida sufferers need more of. Once again, great advice, Raster. Way to go, doc.

Able900
    Spectator

Peyt;49080 wrote: The funny thing is my stomach acid is actually low, so I take HCL with food. and now I take baking soda early in the morning on an empty stomach,
    This was confusing to me because how can my PH show acidic and have low stomach acid at the same time?!!

Exactly.
    So called “symptoms of low stomach acid” are actually a sign that there’s a lack of stomach acid. The baking soda and HCL are working against each other; you’re likely accomplishing nothing in other words.

As far as the Candida are concerned, you don’t need to worry about the pH of anything other than your intestines, and that’s why my treatment calls for high amounts of probiotics and homemade kefir. These change the environment of the intestines back to an acidic balance which turns off the fungal gene, thus changing fungal Candida into benign yeast again.

Sean

Peyt

Able900,
    For what it’s worth, I did stop Baking Soda because I realized I was starting to need more and more HCL with my meals.

What are your thoughts on SF722? would you consider that an effective anti fungal?

Able900
    Spectator

Peyt;49152 wrote: Able900, For what it’s worth, I did stop Baking Soda because I realized I was starting to need more and more HCL with my meals.

Good for you, and you’ve managed to figure out something that some people haven’t been able to in over two years.

Apparently blood PH levels and PH levels in the stomach, intestine and colon are at different levels.

An excellent observation, and something else most people can’t seem to understand.
    I have an article on another website concerning the alkaline and acidic pH balance, if you’d like to read it I can send you a link via private message.

What are your thoughts on SF722? would you consider that an effective anti fungal?

SF722 is actually undecylenic acid, and it’s one of the supplements I recommend on the protocol. The interesting thing about this ‘acid’ is that it doesn’t work too well if the intestines and stomach are too alkaline. Once the beneficial flora begin to increase in the intestines and produce acids which of course increase the acidic nature of the intestines, then the undecylenic acid offers an excellent type of fatty-acid support to the bacteria. By the way, the fatty acids that the flora produce are also an excellent antifungal.

Cheers, Sean

Peyt

Able900,
    So if SF722 works best in combination with increase of beneficial flora, what do you think of taking SF722 and S. Boullardi together?

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Peyt;49157 wrote: Able900,
    So if SF722 works best in combination with increase of beneficial flora, what do you think of taking SF722 and S. Boullardi together?

I have wondered this, too. Since sf722 does not affect flora the same way as other anti-fungals, can you take a probiotic and sf722 together?

Also, do people here take it on an empty stomach or with a meal? I have read it goes both ways for people. which way do you think it is more effective? Dr. Mccomb’s plan says an empty stomach. My naturopath, I think, says with meals. Plus, I read the topic talking about lipase and digesting the fat better with enzymes and a meal. Your best results?

I have to look for an article that one man gave me at one of my craft fairs. He sells some water system that keeps water at pH balance all the time, like mineral water. He says that people have reported feeling much better drinking this, cooking with this water, etc.; including himself, and he is an older man. His arthritis has gotten better, he is more flexible, etc. I’ll look later today, and report.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Sorry, but baking soda does not, and can not, change the pH of one’s body. It cannot even change the pH of one’s intestines.

The reason is quite simple. The stomach is designed to maintain a very low (acid) pH. It must do so for two reasons.

The first is digestion. A low pH causes proteins to unfold, and thus to be accessible by digestive enzymes. Plus, those digestive enzymes are optimized for working in a low-pH environment. Too high a stomach pH means a bad digestion (this is actually a stomach disorder that may occur at advanced age).

The second reason is killing bacteria. Even if you only drink water, the stomach will secrete acid. After all, in our previous natural environment water could never be trusted to be free of bacteria and parasites. Therefore, it was downright essential for our survival to make sure the stomach is acid at all times, even if you only drink some water.

Now of course, if you suddenly drink a whole lot of water, the contents of the stomach will become less acid. That’s just simple dilution. So the stomach responds by closing the exit towards the intestines (I don’t know how that exit and its muscle are called in English). The exit remains closed until the stomach has released enough additional acid to restore its internal pH.

For the very same reason, consuming baking soda is useless. The only effect is that it closes the exit from the stomach to the intestines, and that it forces the stomach to work harder and secrete more acid to restore its internal balance.

Taking baking soda does result in a reduced acidity inside the stomach. But only inside the stomach, not in the intestines, and certainly not in the body. And, this reduced stomach acidity lasts only for a limited time, until the stomach has released enough HCl to undo the effects of the baking soda.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Question on Baking Soda for Candida’ is closed to new replies.