Question about "The Strict Diet"

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about "The Strict Diet"

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roxxi 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Roxxi
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

I’m on Stage Two “The Strict Diet”…This is all still new to me and overwhelming…So I have a question…It says I can eat Brown Rice, so can I have Brown Rice Spaghetti, Crackers and Rice Cakes?? They are Gluten-Free made with Whole Grain Brown Rice & Sea Salt. The pasta ingredients are Brown rice, rice bran & water.
    These items aren’t on the list of foods that you’re allowed to eat in Stage Two, so for me, if I eat anything off this diet I definitely pay for it, so I thought I’d ask before eating these. I’m not ready to introduce new foods, but since they’re made from brown rice, I wasn’t sure.
    Thank you!
    Roxxi

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just to clarify on the stages I and most people follow on the forum:

stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long term strict diet
    stage 2: start when you are symptom free and long over die-off. Transition into other foods as you can handle them.
    Stage 3: healthy non-candida diet.

I personally saved rice for stage 2/3 but it may be in your personal best interest to avoid it during stage 1. For me stage 1 lasted about a year. Rice is inflammatory and contains starch and sugar. Additionally, for many people, rice is hard to digest and ferments in the gut. This needs to be avoided at all costs.

If you start eating rice a whole bunch, plan on some of the symptoms returning if your body isn’t healed enough. Also plan on it preventing you from getting better quickly from my experience.

-raster

Roxxi
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Thank you, Raster!!!
    Roxxi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Question about "The Strict Diet"’ is closed to new replies.