Question about symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about symptoms

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rocket
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hello all. As a first post, I’m going to jump right in and ask for your feedback. I was recently diagnosed with a yeast problem. Even though my doctor told me, “Technically, your Candida blood test came back negative, that doesn’t mean you don’t have it. It just means you are not producing antibodies for it.”

I’ve been to many doctors, and I’ve felt terrible for years, and this is the first one that brought up yeast as a culprit. He started me on Nystatin about 5 weeks ago, which after a couple of weeks produced burning skin and couple of instances of 2-3 days of painfully achy joints and general malaise. After seeing how I did on that, he suggested stopping for a bit. Now he’s recommending going back on Nystatin at 1/4 of the dose.

I’ve also radically changed my diet on my doctor’s advice. I haven’t had processed sugar or gluten in over two months. About 5 weeks ago I started juicing with a Vitamix (meaning all the pulp remains in), and cutting out dairy and most fruit (I do have some blueberries, the occasional Granny Smith apple). Pretty much I eat lean meats, greens, vegetables, healthy fats.

Now that you have my brief background, this brings me to my main question. For 2-3 weeks, I’ve been experiencing cold hands and feet, almost painfully cold. My doctor said it’s an inflammatory response to die-off. Well, I’m still on the fence about whether this whole yeast thing is actually true, but so far my symptoms still seem to line up with everything I’m reading out there. It’s just these hands and feet! They don’t actually change color. People don’t really even remark that they feel that cold when touched. They’re just freeeeezing. Does anyone else experience this? Am I “normal?”

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

Hi Rocket,
    I also have freezing hands and feet. It seems to come and go. I think mine is related to anemia. When I stopped feeding the yeast w/sugar, it fed off anything it could, I guess my iron. I missed a few periods and this is when I remember the freezing hands. When I started apo-lactoferrin my cycle and the coldness improved.

Good for you for changing your diet, most of us on the forum are following an even stricter diet that others have used with success. You have to message Able0900 for it. Cutting dairy should be your next move in my opinion. It’s hard at first like everything else, but you adapt.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out the candida symptoms list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

I also had cold hands and feet and don’t really have much to say about it. In time it should go away.

-raster

Rocket

Thank you for replying! I did cut out dairy, about 5 weeks ago. Even then, it was only yogurt. I haven’t had milk or cheese in about 10 weeks. I think that got lost in my original post. I have no idea what ‘apo-lactoferrin’ is. Anemia sounds possible, but I’m not overly tired, at least as far as I can tell.

My doctor suggested a liver supplement (lots of stuff in that one, I do remember milk thistle as one of the ingredients) but it gave me wicked bad heartburn about an hour after taking it. I stopped that one pending my call into his office.

I’m just a mess, and I’m not even convinced I have yeast (yet). I’m just trying to muddle through this the best I can.

Rocket

raster;39524 wrote: Check out the candida symptoms list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

I also had cold hands and feet and don’t really have much to say about it. In time it should go away.

-raster

Thanks for that list. I don’t see cold hands/feet or anything related to being cold on there though. I guess it’s just comforting to know that, yes, people get that symptom and I’m not going crazy.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I had cold hands and feet during the first few weeks of the diet. I think it’s sort of common.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Question about symptoms’ is closed to new replies.