Question about some symptoms… die-off or something else?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about some symptoms… die-off or something else?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

OK, besides the typical symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, brain fog etc., I also had few symptoms that were not quite described here in the same way and I wanted to see if anyone else had anything similar while battling candida.

Gummy, weak muscles

I am experiencing gummy feeling in my legs and arms, weakness in my legs or arms, simple things like driving the car and pressing the clutch or gas pedal gives me burn as if I’m in the gym on the stair claimer or something. Sometimes it feels as if my legs or arms will just give up on me. This symptom started about the same time I started the diet and is here most of the time regardless of die-off.

Pain/cramping in calf muscles

My calf muscles feel sore most of the time and there is some pain similar to the cramp but milder, or it feels like the cramp is coming but not here yet. This kind of comes and goes. Maybe I am missing minerals? I eat a lot of fresh veggies daily and assumed magnesium and calcium are there and in kefir. I am only taking C, AD3, E and Biotin, started moly-b two days ago.

Numbness in left side extremities

Since the last big die-off episode I had, I started experiencing numbness in left arm and leg. Like that side is someone else’s not mine. I do lay more on left side than right when I sleep so maybe that is connected? Like if I lay on my back, it feels like left arm and left leg will fall asleep pretty soon.

Pain in the neck

It feels as though the pain is in the blood vessels not the neck itself, like tightness, and it goes kind of to the back of my ears. Checked blood pressure when this is happening and it’s fine. I had an ultrasound done in the neck blood vessels (because of vertigo) and they check out fine. The pain started during treatment and it seems to happen during die-off bursts but it doesn’t make any sense to me why would die-off cause it.

Pain under ribcage

It’s more on my left than right and it comes and goes during the day. It feels like it’s kidneys perhaps. Should I be worried about this? Maybe my kidneys are overworked with all the toxins and water they have to pass through? Doctors did find some sand in the left kidney during an ultrasound exam in November of last year so could this cause it?

Feeling heartbeat in the stomach

Since the last die-off episode I often feel pretty strong heartbeat in my stomach. This is especially strong when I lay on my back. It happens mostly when I am having other symptoms I relate to die-off. Also, sometimes it feels like my stomach contracts on a bite of food and as if it will return it back into my mouth, it’s like its rejecting the food (sorry, I know how silly it sounds, but I’m just trying to describe how it feels).

I know it’s a lot of text I wrote, but I am hoping some of the candida veterans will have patience to read it and let me know if any of these symptoms sound familiar.

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

These all sound like die-off symptoms. The only unusual one is the numbness on the left side of the body, this sounds a little unusual.

Typically, your whole body aches very badly, almost like you have arthritis. It feels like you’ve been doing something repetitively causing the muscles to get weak. For me personally, my whole body ached like I was doing hard labor, my hands, feet, neck, back…everything.

For me, these symptoms lasted 2-4 weeks and then they started to go away. If you detox by sweating out the toxins, this should relieve some of the symptoms for a short period of time.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

Thank you raster for your response.

I do have some bad disks in my neck and lower back so perhaps candida is affecting those somehow and it goes to the left side more than the right. I am supposed to go to the neurologist and orthopedist, but am waiting to finish everything related to my stomach.

When you say it lasted for 2-4 weeks, is this the end of it or did you have it come and go? I am having a third episode of such symptoms since I started the diet and I am not doing antifungals, just allowed foods diet. My muscles are weak pretty much for almost two months. Everyone keep telling me that I am not eating enough and that my body is too weak to live on salads and veggies. I did loose 15kg in like 3 months so that took a tool on my body for sure, but I should get enough nutrients with foods I’m eating now, or?

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

orka1998 wrote: OK, besides the typical symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, brain fog etc., I also had few symptoms that were not quite described here in the same way and I wanted to see if anyone else had anything similar while battling candida.

Gummy, weak muscles

I am experiencing gummy feeling in my legs and arms, weakness in my legs or arms, simple things like driving the car and pressing the clutch or gas pedal gives me burn as if I’m in the gym on the stair claimer or something. Sometimes it feels as if my legs or arms will just give up on me. This symptom started about the same time I started the diet and is here most of the time regardless of die-off.

Pain/cramping in calf muscles

My calf muscles feel sore most of the time and there is some pain similar to the cramp but milder, or it feels like the cramp is coming but not here yet. This kind of comes and goes. Maybe I am missing minerals? I eat a lot of fresh veggies daily and assumed magnesium and calcium are there and in kefir. I am only taking C, AD3, E and Biotin, started moly-b two days ago.

Numbness in left side extremities

Since the last big die-off episode I had, I started experiencing numbness in left arm and leg. Like that side is someone else’s not mine. I do lay more on left side than right when I sleep so maybe that is connected? Like if I lay on my back, it feels like left arm and left leg will fall asleep pretty soon.

Pain in the neck

It feels as though the pain is in the blood vessels not the neck itself, like tightness, and it goes kind of to the back of my ears. Checked blood pressure when this is happening and it’s fine. I had an ultrasound done in the neck blood vessels (because of vertigo) and they check out fine. The pain started during treatment and it seems to happen during die-off bursts but it doesn’t make any sense to me why would die-off cause it.

Pain under ribcage

It’s more on my left than right and it comes and goes during the day. It feels like it’s kidneys perhaps. Should I be worried about this? Maybe my kidneys are overworked with all the toxins and water they have to pass through? Doctors did find some sand in the left kidney during an ultrasound exam in November of last year so could this cause it?

Feeling heartbeat in the stomach

Since the last die-off episode I often feel pretty strong heartbeat in my stomach. This is especially strong when I lay on my back. It happens mostly when I am having other symptoms I relate to die-off. Also, sometimes it feels like my stomach contracts on a bite of food and as if it will return it back into my mouth, it’s like its rejecting the food (sorry, I know how silly it sounds, but I’m just trying to describe how it feels).

I know it’s a lot of text I wrote, but I am hoping some of the candida veterans will have patience to read it and let me know if any of these symptoms sound familiar.

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

The pain you have in your calves is exactly what I was feeling. I had felt like I went running forever…but I had done nothing. I also used to have the left side of my body go numb…for about 3 years. I went to doc and had myself checked thinking I was having a stroke or something. Everything checked out fine. It would come and go with stress. Now that I have been on this diet it is gone like many other odd symptoms I used to have. Hang in there…it does get better. No matter how bad it looks now. I would think you should go and get your heart checked just to be on the safe side. Nothing to mess around with.

orka1998
    Participant

Jackie2 wrote:
    The pain you have in your calves is exactly what I was feeling. I had felt like I went running forever…but I had done nothing. I also used to have the left side of my body go numb…for about 3 years. I went to doc and had myself checked thinking I was having a stroke or something. Everything checked out fine. It would come and go with stress. Now that I have been on this diet it is gone like many other odd symptoms I used to have. Hang in there…it does get better. No matter how bad it looks now. I would think you should go and get your heart checked just to be on the safe side. Nothing to mess around with.

Thank you so much Jackie! This left side numbness is so weird and I did notice that it gets worse as I am thinking about it and it eases up when I get busy doing something so it does look that it’s the mental factor or anxiety from candida toxins.

Thank you for your advice. I did have my heart checked in October/November last year, was in the hospital for 8 days as they found something on the ultrasound, but finally I was released core comp. They did find slightly elevated pressure in main artery which leads to the lung, but lung checked out fine. Finally, I was warned not to take anything containing beta blockers or what lowers the blood pressure rapidly and that’s it. I did have chronic cough which none of the doctors could find reason for, one pulmologist also gave me antibiotic for it (last batch in January which almost killed me as I had fever, body aches, and severe diarrhea), but nothing helped. Since on diet, I clear my throat occasionally but no more cough and phlegm.

Thank you so much for encouragement! I think I really need it when I feel ill. I had a glimpse at the old happy life twice already since on the diet, but it also got worse twice already and I am so exhausted of feeling ill all the time. With being working single mom I really don’t have the time to be ill! And I really like my old smiling happy positive self better than this grumpy person I turned into! And it really hurts when your three-year-old asks you “Are you still sick mom?” and start to copy many of my symptoms. I was a mom which really enjoyed spending time with my kids, we went for walks, we played together every day. Now they miss me and then they act out and I don’t have the strength for it so I blow up and react, then I am sorry… I did have two weeks in this past month when I felt good and my kids were so happy and good, but that did not last. I feel like I keep circling in this bad cycle and can’t find a way out. I hope it’s there and I hope I will find it like many of you did.

Arijana

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

orka1998 wrote:

Thank you so much Jackie! This left side numbness is so weird and I did notice that it gets worse as I am thinking about it and it eases up when I get busy doing something so it does look that it’s the mental factor or anxiety from candida toxins.

Thank you for your advice. I did have my heart checked in October/November last year, was in the hospital for 8 days as they found something on the ultrasound, but finally I was released core comp. They did find slightly elevated pressure in main artery which leads to the lung, but lung checked out fine. Finally, I was warned not to take anything containing beta blockers or what lowers the blood pressure rapidly and that’s it. I did have chronic cough which none of the doctors could find reason for, one pulmologist also gave me antibiotic for it (last batch in January which almost killed me as I had fever, body aches, and severe diarrhea), but nothing helped. Since on diet, I clear my throat occasionally but no more cough and phlegm.

Thank you so much for encouragement! I think I really need it when I feel ill. I had a glimpse at the old happy life twice already since on the diet, but it also got worse twice already and I am so exhausted of feeling ill all the time. With being working single mom I really don’t have the time to be ill! And I really like my old smiling happy positive self better than this grumpy person I turned into! And it really hurts when your three-year-old asks you “Are you still sick mom?” and start to copy many of my symptoms. I was a mom which really enjoyed spending time with my kids, we went for walks, we played together every day. Now they miss me and then they act out and I don’t have the strength for it so I blow up and react, then I am sorry… I did have two weeks in this past month when I felt good and my kids were so happy and good, but that did not last. I feel like I keep circling in this bad cycle and can’t find a way out. I hope it’s there and I hope I will find it like many of you did.

Arijana

Hi Arijana,
    I would tell this to your doctor too. When my doctor didnt believe my pointers towards candida I gave up the fight with him and took the chance to go the other length with him full out. I allowed him to check everything, took all the blood and urin etc etc. When he didnt find anything I thought good. Now, he was up talking about it is sitting in the head. I went all along with him. What do I know, the mind is a powerful thing and the stress is a killer. So, I said to him what are we going to do about it. If its coming from my mind I need help. Well, he signed me over now to a therapist. Thats cool because in my 49 years I never had the chance to tell anyone how rotten life is and how I feel about it. 😉 I really take the chance and it doesn cost me a dime as it is covered now because he signed me the papers. If I would have gone myself I would have to pay 100 Euro per hours.

With your stress as a single mom, the stress of your failing body and I am sure there is more in your life which hits you hard. I would suggest you do like me and tell the doctor about how hard it is, how you want to be a good mom and I am sure you even will drop a tear. It happened to me when I told him how happy I was one year ago and how broken down I am now.

I really follow it through now and dump all my internal shit on that poor therapist to be free from it. If I then dont get better with the body I go back to the doctor and tell him. 😉

My first session will be on Wednesday for 2 hours. Where do you get a guy listening to your stresses for two hours. 🙂

I hope you soon feel better!
    yours
    thomas

orka1998
    Participant

Thomas wrote:
    Hi Arijana,
    I would tell this to your doctor too. When my doctor didnt believe my pointers towards candida I gave up the fight with him and took the chance to go the other length with him full out. I allowed him to check everything, took all the blood and urin etc etc. When he didnt find anything I thought good. Now, he was up talking about it is sitting in the head. I went all along with him. What do I know, the mind is a powerful thing and the stress is a killer. So, I said to him what are we going to do about it. If its coming from my mind I need help. Well, he signed me over now to a therapist. Thats cool because in my 49 years I never had the chance to tell anyone how rotten life is and how I feel about it. 😉 I really take the chance and it doesn cost me a dime as it is covered now because he signed me the papers. If I would have gone myself I would have to pay 100 Euro per hours.

With your stress as a single mom, the stress of your failing body and I am sure there is more in your life which hits you hard. I would suggest you do like me and tell the doctor about how hard it is, how you want to be a good mom and I am sure you even will drop a tear. It happened to me when I told him how happy I was one year ago and how broken down I am now.

I really follow it through now and dump all my internal shit on that poor therapist to be free from it. If I then dont get better with the body I go back to the doctor and tell him. 😉

My first session will be on Wednesday for 2 hours. Where do you get a guy listening to your stresses for two hours. 🙂

yours
    thomas

Oh Thomas, I hear you and I did think about it, but I’ve had my cardiologist and neurologist both prescribe anti-anxiety drugs even though I’ve been cleared by psychiatrist that I am normal and not imagining things. I was so angry at first that I would not go to the therapist as it seemed to me that I admit that I am imagining my disease. First, I don’t believe that I should take such medications if they are recommended by cardiologist and neurologist, only if psychiatrist says I need them. I do know that my mind is adding to lots of symptoms, especially now when I am so stressed about food, what I eat and how and when and what I feel after… But I do know that my symptoms are real as I get them when I feel great mentally. This illness took such a tool on my mind it’s just ridiculous! I used to love eating mushrooms. Now when I see them in the grocery store I want to scream and run away like I’ve seen dead body! I am terrified each time I try a bite of questionable food. Not talking about busy schedule. I spend days working, then cooking for me, cooking for kids, taking care of kids and round and round we go. Not complaining, don’t get me wrong, I love caring for my kids, used to love caring for the house as well, but these days I don’t find time for anything else. I do know that I should go talk to the therapist as I feel the stress getting at me, but I just don’t have the time for it yet. I am taking all these hours and days off work, nobody is saying a word yet, but I know this is wrong and sooner or later they will give me boot if I don’t stop it. I start feeling ill, then I go to doctors, then I feel better and stop going to the doctors hoping this is the end of it, and I am embarrassed to take all that time off work.

What I hate the most is these cycles we go through (I assume from reading the forum that most go through these as well). We feel great, then ill again, and then great, and then you eat something wrong, and then ill again… Like today I started feeling better again. Have no idea why I am better today and why I was ill for several days. It’s so confusing at times. I guess this illness also took a tool on my body as well. I lost 15kg in three months and now I am skin and bones as I was only few kilos overweight before all this started. I’m sure my body needs time to heal and recover from it all, but when I get ill I don’t see it that way. I start getting worried that something else is wrong with me and my end is near. Silly I know, but my mind is just too tired from it all.

I do thank you for the advice and I know you are right about it as well. I have it in the back of my mind also but just can’t find the time for it yet. My kids miss me as it is as I’m either sick or cooking all the time or trying to maintain the house which suffers with me as well. I used to spend 3 hours playing or walking with them on a week day and now if I manage an hour I’m happy, and this is if I am not ill.

You get it all out to that therapist! It’s great idea, just pour your sh*t to someone else and take it off your own shoulders hahaha… I hope it helps at least with dealing with all of what we are dealing with battling candida or who knows what else 🙂

Arijana

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

orka1998 wrote:

Hi Arijana,

yours
    thomas

Oh Thomas, I hear you and I did think about it, but I’ve had my cardiologist and neurologist both prescribe anti-anxiety drugs even though I’ve been cleared by psychiatrist that I am normal and not imagining things. I was so angry at first that I would not go to the therapist as it seemed to me that I admit that I am imagining my disease. First, I don’t believe that I should take such medications if they are recommended by cardiologist and neurologist, only if psychiatrist says I need them. I do know that my mind is adding to lots of symptoms, especially now when I am so stressed about food, what I eat and how and when and what I feel after… But I do know that my symptoms are real as I get them when I feel great mentally. This illness took such a tool on my mind it’s just ridiculous! I used to love eating mushrooms. Now when I see them in the grocery store I want to scream and run away like I’ve seen dead body! I am terrified each time I try a bite of questionable food. Not talking about busy schedule. I spend days working, then cooking for me, cooking for kids, taking care of kids and round and round we go. Not complaining, don’t get me wrong, I love caring for my kids, used to love caring for the house as well, but these days I don’t find time for anything else. I do know that I should go talk to the therapist as I feel the stress getting at me, but I just don’t have the time for it yet. I am taking all these hours and days off work, nobody is saying a word yet, but I know this is wrong and sooner or later they will give me boot if I don’t stop it. I start feeling ill, then I go to doctors, then I feel better and stop going to the doctors hoping this is the end of it, and I am embarrassed to take all that time off work.

What I hate the most is these cycles we go through (I assume from reading the forum that most go through these as well). We feel great, then ill again, and then great, and then you eat something wrong, and then ill again… Like today I started feeling better again. Have no idea why I am better today and why I was ill for several days. It’s so confusing at times. I guess this illness also took a tool on my body as well. I lost 15kg in three months and now I am skin and bones as I was only few kilos overweight before all this started. I’m sure my body needs time to heal and recover from it all, but when I get ill I don’t see it that way. I start getting worried that something else is wrong with me and my end is near. Silly I know, but my mind is just too tired from it all.

I do thank you for the advice and I know you are right about it as well. I have it in the back of my mind also but just can’t find the time for it yet. My kids miss me as it is as I’m either sick or cooking all the time or trying to maintain the house which suffers with me as well. I used to spend 3 hours playing or walking with them on a week day and now if I manage an hour I’m happy, and this is if I am not ill.

You get it all out to that therapist! It’s great idea, just pour your sh*t to someone else and take it off your own shoulders hahaha… I hope it helps at least with dealing with all of what we are dealing with battling candida or who knows what else 🙂

Arijana

Dear Arijana,

please check the mail I wrote in the other thread from you. That post will tell you a lot which is addressed here too. If you have questions feel free to write a PM to me.

yours
    thomas

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

orka1998 wrote:

Arijana

Dear Arijana,
    Oh how I hope and pray you find peace and healing. My daughter just shared with me today how sad she is that I was sick on her birthday, and the morning we were to go to Disney I was sick, and that Friday night when she needed me so badly I was throwing up. She said it seems like your always sick. I’m so sad because from where I was I feel so much better. I hope you find peace and healing. I’m so sorry that your dealing with this all on your own. I can’t imagine being able to take care of myself and the family with out the great husband I have at my side.

Yes, I too feel like I’m always chopping, washing, fixing and getting ready for the next round. No answers…just prayers and patience.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Question about some symptoms… die-off or something else?’ is closed to new replies.