Question about probiotics I purchased…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about probiotics I purchased…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tofu 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jaydee86
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

So I havr a quick quick question all responses are greatly appreciated. I’ve been told that’s its ok to rotate with Probiotics so I went and bought advanced acidophilus complex Probiotics (500 million). I’m usually good about carefully reading the labels and ingredients but today I was in an extreme rush so I’m looking at the ingredients right now and it contains maltodextrin which is basically a sugar even though it says it contains no sugar, yeast, soy,etc so my question is can i still take this probiotic even though it may contain some small amount of sugar?? I fear of some adverse reaction I’ve come a long way and many of my symptoms have subsided and I’d hate to have a set back.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would try to return the probiotic and mention how you don’t want to consume maltodextrin. The maltodextrin will slightly benefit the yeast. I would aim for a high count high strain probiotic with 10+ strains and over 10+ billion CFU per capsule. Your probiotic only contains 500 million which isn’t that much.

-raster

tofu
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Hi Raster, I,m new here and have been reading a few of your posts and your food list. I haven’t yet ordered Lisa Richard’s 5 step book to get rid of candida.. Have all of you on this forum began by ordering Lisa Richard’s 5 step book ? And if so, why are there still confusion among memebers on what to eat and what to avoid ?? I thought I had my food list right and after reading posts I’m all confused again !! For example, I’m in stage 1 of the diet and have been eating Quinoa and tomatoes.. !? If you do all have Lisa’s book, why do your list and able’s list now exist ? Which list should I be following ? Lisa’s yours or ables ? Thanks buddy 😉 Michele

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

tofu;60057 wrote: Hi Raster, I,m new here and have been reading a few of your posts and your food list. I haven’t yet ordered Lisa Richard’s 5 step book to get rid of candida.. Have all of you on this forum began by ordering Lisa Richard’s 5 step book ? And if so, why are there still confusion among memebers on what to eat and what to avoid ?? I thought I had my food list right and after reading posts I’m all confused again !! For example, I’m in stage 1 of the diet and have been eating Quinoa and tomatoes.. !? If you do all have Lisa’s book, why do your list and able’s list now exist ? Which list should I be following ? Lisa’s yours or ables ? Thanks buddy 😉 Michele

Well I hate to knock on their diet, but some of the items could be problematic. Tomatoes are not a problem in small quantities, but in large quantities its a lot of sugar.

Quinoa was something I tried out and was severely allergic to it. I couldn’t digest it either. Might not be a problem for you.

Anyways, here is my food list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

A few people bought her book that are here but not everyone.

-raster

tofu
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Hey thank you for this !! :)))) heres what’s goin on and where I’m confused.

First of all, I have been off gluten and cow dairy for 8 years and I eat very well. I eat 95% fresh and organic fruits, veges, nuts, seeds grain and proteins (eggs,fish and meat). I’m a bit discouraged of having candida as i think i’m basically eating all the right things. On the other hand I have had alot stress in the last 18 months (mom with alzheimers) and no time to exercise or get fresh air. I’ve also always been prone to adrenal fatigue…

Two weeks ago, I have started on the diet. I am also taking quality probiotics , Olive leaf, pau d’arco, quality digestive enzymes and drinking raw unpasturized apple cider vinegar. Oh and also, swallowing quality coconut oil. I just also ordered a fungicide kit from Renew Life.

Here are the specific things I’m uncertain about with the diet…reason i’m confused is that after 2 weeks on the diet and supplements, I haven’t had any “die-off”… plus, sometimes my throat still acts up which makes me wonder if I’m making mistakes !?

Are the following foods (which are supposedly “permitted in phase 1) aloud in “large frequent” quantities ?

– quinoa

– almonds

– almond butter

– cinnamon

– olives (in water)

– avocadoes

– buckwheat

– Lakanto

– Stevia

– apple cider vinigar (which I purposely drink)

– cocnut oil (which I purposely drink)

– reishi and maitake muchrooms ?????

Are the following aloud at all, in phase 1 :

– unsweetened coconut milk

– quinoa flour

– almond flour

– coconut flour

– buckwheat flour

– tapioca

– tapioca starch

– amarant starch

– baking powder

– hazelnuts

– pecans

– organic tomatoes, organic tomato juice (only ingredient)

– green beans, snow peas

– asparagus

– raw unpasturized sauercraut

– kimche

– rabbit

– wild game

– homemade mayonnaise (with only eggs,oil and fresh herbs)

– paleo recipes (made with aloud selected flours)

did you get Lisa’s book ? is it worhted ?

thanks, Michele 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Question about probiotics I purchased…’ is closed to new replies.