Question about moulds!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about moulds!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,
    for couple of days I feel quite rotten. I wonder about my swedish herbs.
    I was not able here in Sweden to get hold of a swedish bitter which has no alcohol. So I bought the original herbs and drink it as a tea. Now I wonder if the herbs might contain moulds. The same question applies as well to your other allowed herbs.
    If they are dried herbs they might contain moulds. Even our beloved herbal teas might do.

So now comes the question: If I boil water and have the herbs in the boiling water for a while will the moulds not die?

Right now I put the herbs in a cup and hold boiling water over them, is that enough or should I cook the herbs real good.

How is it about adding dried herbs to fried veggies. Is frying herbs enough to kill the moulds or do we have to do more.

I heard that one can put berries, herbs etc in the oven with 100 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Will that work for us?

thanks
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas, heating the oven to at least 250 degrees Fahrenheit, or boiling a food on high for several minutes will kill microorganisms like mold and bacteria. So boiling the tea instead of seeping it would work better to remove the mold.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Your body should be able to get over small amounts of molds. If you were to eat nuts though, this could be more troublesome. I would think of these items in this way: they probably have more benefit than drawbacks.

Also for the herbs, if you can get fresh ones like oregano, basil, etc…and not the dried stuff, this might be better.

-Raster

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Thomas, heating the oven to at least 250 degrees Fahrenheit, or boiling a food on high for several minutes will kill microorganisms like mold and bacteria. So boiling the tea instead of seeping it would work better to remove the mold.

Able

Now I will boil my tees! Thank you!
    cheers

Thomas

raster wrote: Your body should be able to get over small amounts of molds. If you were to eat nuts though, this could be more troublesome. I would think of these items in this way: they probably have more benefit than drawbacks.

Also for the herbs, if you can get fresh ones like oregano, basil, etc…and not the dried stuff, this might be better.

-Raster

thats a good pointer I even can by fresh mint for making tea. Its only dam expensive up in the north where we live. 😉 Still a good pointer so!

cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Question about moulds!’ is closed to new replies.