Question about Kefir Ingredients and Fermentation

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about Kefir Ingredients and Fermentation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lbrenner800
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

I am ordering some Kefir grains so I can make it myself, but I wanted to start having it now so I bought a jar from the health store. Is store-bought Kefir okay? I got the most expensive one they had, under ingredients it says: Organic Whole Milk (Pasteurized, not Homogenized), Live Bacterial Cultures.

Does that sound okay? It’s my understanding that Kefir has no lactose in it due to the fermentation process, correct?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

lbrenner800;50522 wrote: I am ordering some Kefir grains so I can make it myself, but I wanted to start having it now so I bought a jar from the health store. Is store-bought Kefir okay? I got the most expensive one they had, under ingredients it says: Organic Whole Milk (Pasteurized, not Homogenized), Live Bacterial Cultures.

What is the brand?
    The strict diet from Able doesn’t allow commercially bought kefir in the beginning. But I did it too, while awaiting for my kefir grains. I had no problem with it.
    I have to say that home made kefir have a much better effect than commercial kefir.

lbrenner800;50522 wrote: Does that sound okay? It’s my understanding that Kefir has no lactose in it due to the fermentation process, correct?

That’s correct.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Question about Kefir Ingredients and Fermentation’ is closed to new replies.