Question about kefir????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about kefir????

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Miriam 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

Hello. I´m not taking my kefir for over 8 months. Is in my freezer with milk. So I will start take kefir tomorrow. But what I can do to take it safe. Should I clean the grains with water and then put new milk and then let it in the room temperature for about 12 hours? Are they spoiled? Because I put it in the freezer with milk and never take it for about 8 months. Should I buy new grains? Thanks

DZUKELA
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Put frozen grains in the strain and wash them with milk (room temperature) a little. After that put them in milk at room temperature for 24 hours. After that repeat the process and your grains should be reactivated.

Never use tap water to wash grains.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

DZUKELA;37910 wrote: Put frozen grains in the strain and wash them with milk (room temperature) a little. After that put them in milk at room temperature for 24 hours. After that repeat the process and your grains should be reactivated.

Never use tap water to wash grains.

Hej Dzukela,

I always rinsed my grains with tap water. Do you know why it shouldn’t be done? I’ve been making it forever, and always the same way. So far I only heard some theories that it should not be rinsed at all, but the kefir ends up way to strong that way, IMO.

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

HI,

Kefir grains are pretty hardy. I know they don’t like chlorine or sour milk. both will kill the grains. I know this fromm personal exprience. Try putting your thawed grains in fresh milk. Let them sit for 24 hrs. Check the smell, texture and taste if your up for it. Don’t drink it just a taste on the tongue. You will have to do this for several days. I wash and rinse my jars daily in real hot water. Some people don’t. If your kefir is going well the grains will start increasing also. I hope this is helpful info.
    Good luck, The result of your will be well worth it. I think is kefir is GREAT!!!!!
    Miriam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Question about kefir????’ is closed to new replies.