Question About Gluten

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question About Gluten

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Allison124 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Allison124
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi everyone, I just joined this website and after reading some of these posts I am grateful for this already!!

I have a question … for stage 1 it allows us to eat non-glutinous grains and says that many people with candida have issues with gluten so we should give our immunue systems a break and avoid gluten. I happen to know that I don’t have issues with gluten. I recently got a food intolerance test done and gluten was not one of the things that I had a reaction to. So, can I eat oats and other gluten grains as long as they don’t have sugar? Like oats for example. If I could I would eat oatmeal (the plain, not flavored kind) … it says it has no sugar so I feel like it should be fine.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!!! Allison

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello and welcome to the forum.

A lot of people can’t understand why products containing gluten should not be eaten when treating a Candida infestation.

Maybe this will explain it a bit; a research-study which was published in the Lancelot Medical Journal reported that Candida albicans contains a particular protein which is almost identical to the structure of gluten protein. Candida infections in the intestines are not uncommon with Candida; if gluten is eaten during an infection it can trigger an immune system reaction to the gluten protein, this reaction can stimulate an allergic reaction to gluten and theoretically trigger celiac disease in susceptible people.

With this being said, if you’re certain that you will not experience any negative reaction, well then…. it’s your decision.

Able

Allison124
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Thanks, Able!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Question About Gluten’ is closed to new replies.