Question about flours for making bread.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about flours for making bread.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

I have had sensitivity to cococnut flour. I was wondering 3 or 4 months into the treatment should this sensitivity go away or should i try out a different flour for making bread. Is there a flour thats the safest out there being buckwheat?

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Oatbran flower is nice and makes a good loaf of bread.

I got my bread recipe from another memember here an adusted it a little it’s a good base recipe and makes a nice loaf. I don’t know what I would do without my bread:)

3 cups flower/ I use halF oat bran flower and half buckwheat flower.
    11/2 cups warm water /optional substitute 1/2 cup water with milk kefir.
    1 tbls of oil coconut or olive
    3 eggs
    1 tbls of baking powered/ use no aluminum baking powder

You can add rosemary, garlic or whatever spices you like. Later In the diet you can also add chopped organic raw almonds.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would check out teff, buckwheat, or almond meal flour (not flower lol). You won’t be allergic to it as long as you take supplements to heal leaky gut. I can give you a big list if you want. Probiotics and prebiotics heal leaky gut and feed beneficial bacteria in the gut. If you add miracle fiber (aka inulin) to your diet, this can heal leaky gut as well. I just add it to some to oat bran or greek yogurt.

-raster

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

I am interested to know about Millet, and chickpea (Gram) Flour…..
    are these alright on the diet??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Millet should be a test food item, but chickpea flour is not allowed on the diet because of its starch content.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Marbro wrote: Oatbran flower is nice and makes a good loaf of bread.

I got my bread recipe from another memember here an adusted it a little it’s a good base recipe and makes a nice loaf. I don’t know what I would do without my bread:)

3 cups flower/ I use halF oat bran flower and half buckwheat flower.
    11/2 cups warm water /optional substitute 1/2 cup water with milk kefir.
    1 tbls of oil coconut or olive
    3 eggs
    1 tbls of baking powered/ use no aluminum baking powder

You can add rosemary, garlic or whatever spices you like. Later In the diet you can also add chopped organic raw almonds.

Just tried this bread and it’s great! My kids also had few slices AFTER their dinner so I guess it’s safe to say that they liked it as well 🙂

Thank you Marbro for posting it!!!

Arijana

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Question about flours for making bread.’ is closed to new replies.