Question about antifungals?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Question about antifungals?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  doublek 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Butterfly1302
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Hi so I suspect I’ve been suffering Candida overgrowth for at least 7 years and I’m planning on being the diet but is it absolutely necessary to take molybdenum? Is it ok just to take vitamin c( asorbic acid)? It’s just it’s hard to get my hands on it. Also about the antifungals. Are you supposed to take a few, for example caprylic acid, oil of oregano and garlic all together for the whole diet or alternate so take caprylic acid for 2 weeks and move onto oregano for 2 weeks and so on…. On the website it says to take them all together but on some other websites it says to alternate so I’m not sure. Thank you 🙂

Said
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

I take 1000mg of vitamin C twice a day and liver cleanse with milk thistle 3 times a day for die off symptoms and it works for me. About taking antifungals you should alternate so Candida won’t become resistant to it
    Plus you have take biofilm buster pills with your antifungals because Diet and supplements alone won’t be enough and will not completely get rid of it and That’s exactly what am doing myself too,
    Good luck

1 user thanked author for this post.

Butterfly1302
    Participant

I’ve never heard of biofilms before but I’ve just read about them and I don’t know why they are not a bigger part of the treatment plan. I’m not sure which ones to get

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

I don’t know if there is one thing that is necessary to take, a lot of people try different things. A take a ton of different things and because I’m taking them together I can’t say for sure that any single one of them is necessary, but I know I must be doing something right since overall I am getting better.
    A lot of things recommended here are not going to be found in a supermarket or one of the big pharmacies (ie. CVS or Rite Aid). If you have a health food store in your area, you might want to try there instead. I have one nearby and they have a really good selection, but there are certain things I can only find online.
    Molybdenum is supposed to help your liver process the toxins released during candida die off. You may have trouble finding molybdenum by itself, instead you may want to get NAC that has it. NAC breaks up biofilms, btw. Here is the one that I use: https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-NAC-600-mg-100-Veg-Capsules/37836 You definitely need something to break up biofilm, its what bonds the candida cells together and makes them so strong. Digestive enzymes can also be used for this purpose. I take Candex, but there are other options too. As mentioned above milk thistle will also give you liver support, I take that too.

Butterfly1302
    Participant

Could anyone recommend an inexpensive but effect probiotic? There are so many people recommend but alot of them are quite costly. I’m planning on doing a big stock up of supplements and I plan to take:

Milk thistle
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Oil of oregano
    Coconut oil
    Grapeseed extract
    Some sort of probiotic

I do want to also get NAC and sf722 but they are quite expensive

Is there anything else I should be taking?

Thanks I’ve literally spent the last month or two preparing to do the diet and reading everything I can. I’ve suspect I’ve had Candida for years and I can’t wait to get rid of it

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

The probiotic I use is Garden of Life Raw Probiotic Ultimate Care. I bought it because it seems to be high quality. However in the $35-40 price range, I agree it is pricey. You should be able to find something decent for a little less. However, do not go with the cheapest option like those typically found in the supermarket. My understanding is you want something with a high amount of bacteria because not all will survive and a good probiotic should have several different strains of bacteria, not just one, two, or three. If you have a health food store in your area, go there, they might be able to recommend something.

The list you have, looks like a good start. You may want to add some more things over time, but not now because the die-off symptoms may be unbearable. Here’s a list of everything I’m taking right now: https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/my-story-2/ It might give you some ideas.

I’ve spent a ton of money on this stuff over the last few months, but if in the end I get rid of candida and I can start living a normal life again, I’ll be happy regardless of how much money was spent. I don’t know what your financial situation is like, but if you can afford to spend the money, it will be worth it in the end.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Question about antifungals?’ is closed to new replies.