question about antibiotics in milk

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions question about antibiotics in milk

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  teliza 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

teliza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

I would love input if anyone has knowledge about this. I have access to raw, fresh goat’s milk for making my kefir and know this is better for digestion than cow’s milk. My concern is that the goats are given antibiotics–though not on a regular basis, only when necessary and as a last resort. And then the milk is thrown away for almost a week after a goat has been given them. But I’m wondering if the milk would then be antibiotic-free? And if not, would that be a concern since antibiotics have contributed to my candida?

Appreciate any advice on this, thanks!
    Tracy

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend contacting the distrubutor of the milk and ask them this question.

-raster

teliza

Thanks, I did talk with her and I don’t think she’s entirely sure. She doesn’t sell commercially so I don’t believe she’s ever had the milk tested and it’s probably not been a real concern for her. I’ve also tried to find out more online, but no definitive answers yet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If it has been awhile since the goat has had antibiotics I don’t think I’d worry about it. There could be trace amounts of it, but it shouldn’t be a large amount or anything like that.

-raster

teliza

Okay, great, thanks Raster!
    Tracy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘question about antibiotics in milk’ is closed to new replies.