Q4: Probiotics – When to start? When to end? How large of a dosage?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Q4: Probiotics – When to start? When to end? How large of a dosage?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  brojas47 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brojas47
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 2

Probiotic Questions:

I don’t understand why you wait until after the 4th week of anti-fungals to start probiotics, especially if you are integrating small amounts of sugar (i.e apples) or almonds (which may have mold) before then???

Would you take yogurt before probiotics?

When to start?

When to end?

Take for 30 days straight and just end? Or taper off?

Can you take too much? Too little? Dosage?

Thank you so much.

Smukke
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 13

You can take probiotics from the start. This site mentions you can start from the first day of the detox and I was also told by someone at a health food store to do so as well. You have to dig a bit to find this info on the site, but it’s there.

You need to have the good bacteria’s from the start, so start now. When you move to the anti-fungal stage take your probiotic a few hours before or after the anti fungal as some will inhibit the probiotic eg. oil of oregon.

I am on stage two and I take oil of oregon in the morning, probiotic at lunch, oil of oregon late afternoon and Aloe vera juice before bed. Plus lots of water!

Depending on your symptoms you might want to take a probiotic everyday for life or make sure you eat lots of food that contain probiotics. Just take the recommended dosage on the probiotic packaging.

Hope this helps!

brojas47

Thank you!

I will go purchase probiotics immediately, as I too am in the beginning of stage 2.

Do you have any opinion on how many cultures to take of probiotics?
    I saw other websites that say only buy probiotics in an amber glass bottle.

Smukke
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 13

Ummm…. I just went to the health food store when I was visiting Canada and picked ones that don’t require refrigeration, as I travel a bit. I do, however, know a really awesome brand that carries them in amber bottles – Udo’s Choice.

http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/probiotics_en.htm

Also his plant based oil blend is amazing!

I always like to hit up the health food store personal as I find them to be so informative.

Hope this helps 🙂

brojas47

Thanks! I went with the Udo for adults and will take 1 a day for 60 days.

I’ll report back after 30 and then 60 days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Q4: Probiotics – When to start? When to end? How large of a dosage?’ is closed to new replies.