Pure Stevia…does it feed Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Pure Stevia…does it feed Candida

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AnnieLuc 6 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

Has anyone here had a reaction from Stevia? I know that pure Stevia is allowed, but I read online from some docs who believe Stevia feeds Candida….I’m wondering if anyone has first hand experience with a Stevia reaction.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Have you tried it? Do you react to it? Stevia comes from a plant (leaf) I have never read that it feeds candida.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I have no issues with stevia. It shouldn’t be an issue if its pure

RYANCREST
    Participant

goingnatural;42649 wrote: Have you tried it? Do you react to it? Stevia comes from a plant (leaf) I have never read that it feeds candida.

If you google, stevia feeds candida you will find results. and No I have not tried it hence, that’s why i asked the question to see what others experiences have been before I do try it

RYANCREST
    Participant

moochpb;42650 wrote: I have no issues with stevia. It shouldn’t be an issue if its pure

Thanks for responding

Deep1111
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 29

stevia does have some side effects. It makes, you dizzy, causes bloating and make you tired. That’s what happened to me. I made a coconut cake with stevia and ate it for 4 or 5 days. As soon as I started eating I started getting white coating on my tongue. Then I did research on stevia side effects and found exactly what I was experiencing. I stopped eating, and I am feeling better. It allso lowers blood sugar. I wouldn’t eat eat stevia again. Maybe I am allergic to it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We’ve had a couple thousand users use this product safely without any problems and I haven’t seen anything about it feeding candida. Dr. Mcoombs talked about it on his radio show and he said the main thing it does is cause an immune response where the body thinks it is sugar; when this happens the body produces mucous.

-raster

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Some stevia has some hidden ingrdients. I was using that for months. Now I just take pure stevia and its not as good but it does the trick. I mostly use cinnomon to liven anything up anyway. It’s a good anti inflammatory and antibacterial too

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Also worth noting: you can have a stevia plant in your garden and use the leaves from it to sweeten your foods!

Like mooch mentioned, you can find stevia that contains other ingredients such as maltodextrin (sugar), sugar alcohol, etc. These are to be avoided at all costs.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I am not a huge fan of stevia (although it seems like I’m the only one on here!)

I have known several people that react to it.

I don’t per se, but I find it makes me feel a bit nauseous sometimes and instead of making me feel better about not eating sugar, it just makes me wish I could have real sugar.

I use a small amount of dried stevia herb from a friend’s garden in my pancakes sometimes, but that’s it. If the stevia is green, you’ll have an easier time with it, that is the pure herb form…the white stuff is some kind of extraction and I don’t trust it :p

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

RYANCREST;42651 wrote:

Have you tried it? Do you react to it? Stevia comes from a plant (leaf) I have never read that it feeds candida.

If you google, stevia feeds candida you will find results. and No I have not tried it hence, that’s why i asked the question to see what others experiences have been before I do try it

Ryan, indirectly I was trying to make a point. Which I will do more directly now.

I would encourage you to be careful when comparing yourself to others in this way. We are all different. We all have different food sensitivities, gut issues, foods we tolerate and foods we are sensitive to. It is impossible to know how YOU will feel until you try a food product. Asking internet strangers on a forum how they feel on a given whole food source won’t really help you. That is really what I was trying to say.

RYANCREST
    Participant

goingnatural;42755 wrote:

Ryan, indirectly I was trying to make a point. Which I will do more directly now.

I would encourage you to be careful when comparing yourself to others in this way. We are all different. We all have different food sensitivities, gut issues, foods we tolerate and foods we are sensitive to. It is impossible to know how YOU will feel until you try a food product. Asking internet strangers on a forum how they feel on a given whole food source won’t really help you. That is really what I was trying to say.

I am very aware that everyone reacts differently. Just like i react to coconut bread while others do not. it was a question to see what others on the forum have experienced have been. Many others have posted similar questions. Thanks for your response.

AnnieLuc
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 16

We use the organic stevia from Trader Joe’s which is straight stevia and never had an issue. It’ s very potent so you only need a little bit.
    Good luck! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pure Stevia…does it feed Candida’ is closed to new replies.