Pumpkin Muffins made with coconut four and kefir cheese. YUM!!!!!

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Pumpkin Muffins made with coconut four and kefir cheese. YUM!!!!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RYANCREST 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Pumpkin Muffins (made with coconut flour)

Ingredients (Makes one loaf of bread or 8 muffins)
    •1/2 cup of pumpkin puree*
    1/4 cup kefir cheese (much like a sour cream I used Karoun Labne Lite Kefir Cheese)
    • 1 tsp of truvia
    •4 eggs
    •1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
    •1/4 teaspoon of salt
    •1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    •1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    •1/2 teaspoon cloves
    •1/2 teaspoon of ginger
    •3/8 cup of coconut flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
    •1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)

* Pumpkin Puree
    1.Slice the pumpkin (or other squash) in half (from stem to bottom), take out the seeds.
    2.Roast the pumpkin for about 1 hour (at 350 degrees F), face down, in some water that covers the bottom of the dish. You can also steam the pumpkin. Alternatively, you can dry roast it by wrapping it in foil and placing it in the oven. That would also reduce the moisture in the puree.
    3.Cool the pumpkin, peel the skin off, and puree it in a blender or food processor.

Method
    1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F Greese muffin pan or bread pan with coconut oil. Make sure you give it a good coating so they come out easily
    2.Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl,
    3. In mixing bowl blend in all the wet ingredients this should look light and fluffy.
    4. Then using mixer gently add dry ingredients. I use a mixer because the coconut flour is a bit challenging to blend by hand.
    3.Fill a bread pan with the batter (5 by 9 inches), or fill about 8 cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way up.
    4.Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is browned

This is the first bread I have made with coconut flour that was moist and yummy. A bit heavy on the spices but I’m so thrilled to have found something moist and yummy. I just made these and had to eat it as it came out of oven. Think they will be even better when they sit for a bit.

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

Sounds good 🙂

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

Jackie2;28763 wrote: Pumpkin Muffins (made with coconut flour)

Ingredients (Makes one loaf of bread or 8 muffins)
    •1/2 cup of pumpkin puree*
    1/4 cup kefir cheese (much like a sour cream I used Karoun Labne Lite Kefir Cheese)
    • 1 tsp of truvia
    •4 eggs
    •1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
    •1/4 teaspoon of salt
    •1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    •1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    •1/2 teaspoon cloves
    •1/2 teaspoon of ginger
    •3/8 cup of coconut flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
    •1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)

* Pumpkin Puree
    1.Slice the pumpkin (or other squash) in half (from stem to bottom), take out the seeds.
    2.Roast the pumpkin for about 1 hour (at 350 degrees F), face down, in some water that covers the bottom of the dish. You can also steam the pumpkin. Alternatively, you can dry roast it by wrapping it in foil and placing it in the oven. That would also reduce the moisture in the puree.
    3.Cool the pumpkin, peel the skin off, and puree it in a blender or food processor.

Method
    1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F Greese muffin pan or bread pan with coconut oil. Make sure you give it a good coating so they come out easily
    2.Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl,
    3. In mixing bowl blend in all the wet ingredients this should look light and fluffy.
    4. Then using mixer gently add dry ingredients. I use a mixer because the coconut flour is a bit challenging to blend by hand.
    3.Fill a bread pan with the batter (5 by 9 inches), or fill about 8 cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way up.
    4.Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is browned

This is the first bread I have made with coconut flour that was moist and yummy. A bit heavy on the spices but I’m so thrilled to have found something moist and yummy. I just made these and had to eat it as it came out of oven. Think they will be even better when they sit for a bit.

Thanks this sounds amazing!!! Will i need to add in stevis or is it naturally sweet enough?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pumpkin Muffins made with coconut four and kefir cheese. YUM!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.