Pumpkin?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrea Binder
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 2

Can I eat pumpkin of any sort? Like put pumpkin puree(no added sugar of course!)in the coconut bread instead of coconut milk? I just found pumpkin seed butter…how about that?thanks…i mean pumpkin seed butter on rice cakes,NOT in coconut bread LOL

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Pumpkin seeds contain molds and should not be eaten unless soaked and roasted first (like all nuts and seeds). Rice cakes should not be consumed until stage 2/3 on the diet (when you are symptom free) because they contain high levels of starch, some sugar, and are inflammatory.

There is a pumpkin pie muffin bread recipe in the recipes section that is pretty tasty; I think it has a lot of health properties however it is high in starch. Despite this, I think its way more healthier than eating rice because it is anti-inflammatory and heals the gut.

-raster

TheEggy
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

At what phase can pumpkin be introduced? I’m on week 4 of the forum strict diet which says only summer squash is allowed but I’d LOVE to have some pumpkin if it’s allowed!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I had pumpkin throughout my treatment with no setbacks. Its up to you whether to include it in your diet or not, but consideriding its health properties, I think it should bring more benefit than detriment. We don’t have it listed under any stage, but able probably would approve it for stage 2.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pumpkin?’ is closed to new replies.