protocol foods

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions protocol foods

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi

I am now on the Protocol and really wanted to ask a couple of things about the diet.

Can I really not have any of the following, and if so, why? Is it an allergy/intolerance thing or a sugar thing?

It’s a short list and I’m putting them in order of the foods I really miss the most.

Any advice from serious Protocol-ers would be really welcome. I’m not making much progress and want to give myself the best chance!

Mark, UK

Quinoa
    Millet

(find it really tough without these carbs! if i can’t have these is there anything remotely carb-like that could replace them?)

Red Peppers
    Chillies
    Tomatoes

Almonds
    Walnuts
    Pumpkin Seeds
    Sunflower Seeds

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

lockie86;54596 wrote: Hi

I am now on the Protocol and really wanted to ask a couple of things about the diet.

Can I really not have any of the following, and if so, why? Is it an allergy/intolerance thing or a sugar thing?

It’s a short list and I’m putting them in order of the foods I really miss the most.

Any advice from serious Protocol-ers would be really welcome. I’m not making much progress and want to give myself the best chance!

Mark, UK

Quinoa
    Millet

(find it really tough without these carbs! if i can’t have these is there anything remotely carb-like that could replace them?)

Red Peppers
    Chillies
    Tomatoes

Almonds
    Walnuts
    Pumpkin Seeds
    Sunflower Seeds

I think after a month or 2 you can re-introduce them, if I am not mistaken.

I eat all those things except the millet (just had soup with tomatos,celery,zuchini, kidney beans, cayenne,quinoa, and lots of garlic for breakfast,lol)

But I am most likely healing slower than most folks here,too.

I think a percentage of us need higher carbs to maintain our neurotransmitter balance.
    I get severe temporary depression when low carb for a long stretch of time 🙁

lockie86
    Participant

Thank you for that!

I really want to be on the most hardcore approach now though, rather than slowing my progress, as now 6 months into Lisa’s diet and not much improvement.

What does Raster and everyone else think about these foods?

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well the protocol is dead but glad you are doing the diet.

I don’t recommend quinoa because its hard to digest. I recommend buckwheat groats as an alternative.

Tomatoes are only ok in low quantities and not high quantities.

All nuts and seeds contain molds. If you soak these items for 24 hours, it should contain less mold. Sunflower seeds contain too high of mold levels to be good for the diet and don’t recommend at all.

-raster

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

If you really want to be strict hold off on the millet, quinoa, tomatoes, almods, walnuts, and seeds.

I think quinoa is okay to add back in once your symptoms decrease. Millet can mess up your thyroid if you eat too much. Tomatoes can cause irritation and have higher amounts of sugar. Nuts and seeds often contain mold.
    When I eat nuts and seeds I still get groggy feeling(could just be allergies).
    I can eat rice,beans,and quinoa without any trouble if that shows anything.

I honestly think it’s different for each person though. You’re not going to get rid of candida JUST from a diet. The diet is there to limit the growth factor of candida. If you limit the growth factor too much candida will start to become more invasive. So it’s really about a good balance. Eat minimal sugars but not too low that candida becomes aggressive.

What you need to do is figure out why you got candida in the first place and how to fix that. Candida is opportunistic, it won’t invade unless your body is out of whack.

There are so many things that can cause an overgrowth, accutane, antibiotics, adrenal/thyroid problems, extreme stress, methylation problems, heavy metal toxicity/mercury, the list goes on and on.

As far as the diet goes, just make sure you’re eating enough you don’t want to starve yourself, candida can eat literally everything(including human tissue) — so you won’t starve it out.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks Raster, what do you mean the protocol is dead, what does that mean?

Feeling pretty unwell at the moment and now worrying I’m on the wrong programme!

What does that mean?

Many thanks.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks TDog,

yes I’m not just doing the diet alone, I’m doing all the other things. (Supplements, probiotics, antifungals.)

I got ill after 4 months of hardcore antibiotics, but I probably wasn’t in the best shape before that candida-wise as I had a bit of a chocolate addiction for years, and high stress.

I’m not sure I get this idea of ‘not starving it too much’? How much is too much? How can I possibly know? I always thought the whole point was to starve it, whilst of course feeding yourself healthy food.

I eat a lot of stuff, just mostly (hopefully) the right stuff.

I just wanna know I’m giving myself the best chance of recovery as this is really dragging on now.

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

raster
    Participant

Able900 developed the protocol mostly and then removed most of the content so I don’t know what you are reading/seeing about it. Either way, it basically encompasses taking probiotics and antifungals so it wasn’t that much of a plan. He did put in some cleansing stuff at the beginning and how to introduce foods, etc…basic stuff you should do while getting better.

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

Wow so much politics on this forum, clearly. :-))

I was on Lisa’s plan and all I ever read on here was ‘the protocol’. Everyone doing the protocol.

So now I’ve switched to it, from information I printed off ages ago, and now it ‘wasn’t that much of a plan’?

Man this is so confusing!

So what is everyone is following now?

Lisa’s plan? Or another plan?

This sure is a complicated illness and the treatment is even more complicated. God knows how most people get through it.

Does anyone know what plan I should be on now??? :-)))

I would laugh if I didn’t always feel like crying!

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Just follow the food list raster put up basically, but try to introduce things one at a time and watch for reactions. And nope you wont starve the candida no matter what. The plan is to reduce it and lighten the load on your body to where you can correct the imbalance and regrow your intestinal flora.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks Tdog,

so is everyone following Raster’s plan now?

All this switching really confuses me! :-)) This is a forum for Lisa’s plan huh, but then everyone seemed to be on this mysterious ‘protocol’, but now ‘the protocol is dead’?

Where is Raster’s plan? Is it just a food list or is there info on everything else? Which probiotics, which antifungals etc?

I just want to get well and be on the plan that is most likely to help me.

Many thanks,

Mark

raster
    Participant

I don’t have a plan because I don’t want to deal with any repurcussions of it not working. For instance, what if I promoted a plan to get better and people spent hundreds of dollars on it per month and it didnt work? Or what if it made them deftly ill and they went to hospital, etc? I just don’t want to put myself in a position like that. And something else I’ve learned along the ways is that we all have different symptoms and this requires specific treatments and supplements. I don’t know enough about natural healing to suggest how someone treat their ulcers, acid reflux, etc.

However I did put together alternative ways to get better, derived from other forum members content and insights:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

If I did create a plan, it would involve a slow gradual introduction of antifungals and probiotics…detoxing the toxins and reducing inflammation. I would promote specific products such as L-glutamine for leaky gut, SF722 for antifungal, HMF neuro for probiotics, as well as some digestive enzyme products, fermented cod liver oil, etc. Its not too far away from the biofilm protocol.

Anyways, there’s a whole health care industry to cater to people with health problems. There are many companies that exist to help you treat your health problems (or naturopaths); check out the product lines that standard process, pure encapsulation, thorne, integrative thereaputics, seroyal/genestra, etc. have. There’s tons of stuff out there and all of it works quite well, you just need the right stuff for your specific problems or best few items.

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

raster;54616 wrote: I don’t have a plan because I don’t want to deal with any repurcussions of it not working. For instance, what if I promoted a plan to get better and people spent hundreds of dollars on it per month and it didnt work? Or what if it made them deftly ill and they went to hospital, etc? I just don’t want to put myself in a position like that. And something else I’ve learned along the ways is that we all have different symptoms and this requires specific treatments and supplements. I don’t know enough about natural healing to suggest how someone treat their ulcers, acid reflux, etc.

However I did put together alternative ways to get better, derived from other forum members content and insights:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

If I did create a plan, it would involve a slow gradual introduction of antifungals and probiotics…detoxing the toxins and reducing inflammation. I would promote specific products such as L-glutamine for leaky gut, SF722 for antifungal, HMF neuro for probiotics, as well as some digestive enzyme products, fermented cod liver oil, etc. Its not too far away from the biofilm protocol.

Anyways, there’s a whole health care industry to cater to people with health problems. There are many companies that exist to help you treat your health problems (or naturopaths); check out the product lines that stanard process, pure encapsulation, thorne, integrative thereaputics, seroyal/genestra, etc. have. There’s tons of stuff out there and all of it works quite well, you just need the right stuff for your specific problems or best few items.

-raster

While I agree with you that everyone’s candida situation is slightly and sometimes entirely different, its still way freaking better to talk to someone who has been there, rather than some doc who tries theoretical approaches on you.
    Someone who has been there already knows the things your going to complain about before you complain,lol, and its nice that a few of you who are cured still hang out to help those of us who are not near there yet.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks Raster,

thanks for the info and the link. The link is interesting but also even more daunting/overwhelming than just the thought of the Protocol or Lisa’s plan, and they were overwhelming enough!

As one of the symptoms of this condition is brain fog and being easily overwhelmed, I’m not sure how people can take in all that information in there. The amount of approaches and money involved is insane, and who knows if you’re going down the right road?

And more depressingly it seems to suggest that the protocol everyone was following doesn’t work as a long term cure, just a temp fix?

Do you have a foods list, anyway? Is there a link to that or does anyone have it?

This must be one of the worst conditions ever to get because of all the conflicting information, but thanks for your post attempting to pull it all together for everyone.

I gotta admit I do feel even bleaker about everying now, but thank you.

Mark

raster
    Participant

Here’s my safe food list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

Some newbie naturopath’s experiment on their patients to come up with a treatment plan whereas others already have 20-30 years experience doing this already and knows what works…big difference.

In general, if you do the diet long term with SF722 and HMF neuro, your symptoms should start to stabilize and deminish.

If you want to reduce brain fog, I recommend coming up with a detox protocol that addresses liver health and I would also focus on reducing inflammation in the brain. The best way to reduce inflammation is to take anti-inflammatory supplements such as flax oil or cod liver oil.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘protocol foods’ is closed to new replies.