Protein?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

So, it has been a rough week for me feeling like I am hungry, been mainly eating egg whites and veggies. Tonight I really wanted something else, how many people eat turkey or not? Reactions, or do you just stick to chicken and fish most the time. Of course, I have to wait to start my probiotics, too. I just ordered megaflora today, but it won’t be shipped till Monday b/c it has to be packed in ice. I just get tired of the constant gas and bloat that occurs on my left abdomen all the time, but it has been even better this week on eating mainly veggies, no fruit at for the entire week. Still not sure about some foods, but I need to go grocery shopping this weekend again, too so I can make some coconut bread to try.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I get fresh ground turkey meat and cook it like hamburger with a sugar free spaghetti sauce. I like it a lot.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

kjones02;37612 wrote: So, it has been a rough week for me feeling like I am hungry, been mainly eating egg whites and veggies. Tonight I really wanted something else, how many people eat turkey or not? Reactions, or do you just stick to chicken and fish most the time. Of course, I have to wait to start my probiotics, too. I just ordered megaflora today, but it won’t be shipped till Monday b/c it has to be packed in ice. I just get tired of the constant gas and bloat that occurs on my left abdomen all the time, but it has been even better this week on eating mainly veggies, no fruit at for the entire week. Still not sure about some foods, but I need to go grocery shopping this weekend again, too so I can make some coconut bread to try.

Why aren’t you eating the yolks? that’s where all the nutrition is, as far as I know (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong)

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I think I remember Kjones mentioning that egg yolks don’t agree with him. K, have you tried organic vs not? I’ve heard that people who react to non-organic eggs can sometimes eat organic ones without a problem.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Yes, I can’t handle the yolks on eggs all the time. I have cooked up a lot of hard-boiled eggs the past week, so then I always have it on hand. Now, last night, I had not scrambled up some eggs for quite some time, so I fixed scrambled eggs for my partner and I. They went down okay. weird, I decided that scrambled is different than hard-boiled, for me at least.

Anyways, I made an another discovery last night. I had been doing a lot of research on the website about nuts and nut butters on here. Every once in awhile, I have been eating almonds. Not a lot, just a tiny handful, or just a spoon of almond butter.

At first, I realized, if I really want to try them, to soak them overnight, which I didn’t realize before, so I did that. better!

Yesterday at the store, I decided to buy sunflower butter. I tried some last night, too with some celery. A little later, I started to feel sort of gassy and bloated, but not too bad because I didn’t have a huge helpingful, just a spoon.

I was like, why? I ate just eggs and veggies last night. I read how some nut butters still put cane juice in there. Sure enough, checked the ingredients, there it is.

Advice: Able and raster are right, be cautious with any type of nut. I am saying if you really, really want to try it. It is not hard to soak nuts overnight, and then roast them.

It is hard to read every single ingredient in things sometimes. I think I might try to make my own almond butter this week.

I am just really trying to follow the diet, but I have lost a couple pounds this past week, which concerns me. Plus, I have been very tired and feeling weak, tired of my nose being stuffed up each night. I did something right on Friday night though because for the first time I slept in a little bit, and no nose problems. I have to look back on my journal entry.

So, to help, I am going to make some coconut bread today hoping that might help with some calories a little bit.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

alexalgebra;37630 wrote:

So, it has been a rough week for me feeling like I am hungry, been mainly eating egg whites and veggies. Tonight I really wanted something else, how many people eat turkey or not? Reactions, or do you just stick to chicken and fish most the time. Of course, I have to wait to start my probiotics, too. I just ordered megaflora today, but it won’t be shipped till Monday b/c it has to be packed in ice. I just get tired of the constant gas and bloat that occurs on my left abdomen all the time, but it has been even better this week on eating mainly veggies, no fruit at for the entire week. Still not sure about some foods, but I need to go grocery shopping this weekend again, too so I can make some coconut bread to try.

Why aren’t you eating the yolks? that’s where all the nutrition is, as far as I know (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong)

My thoughts exactly. You should be eating the yolks. They are high in Iron among other things. This disease goes hand in hand with thyroid issues and many of us tend to have lower Iron levels.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Your body will keep adjusting to the new diet. The first few weeks are the hardest. Coconut bread definitely helps, but yeah, I would stay away from the nuts/seeds until you are symptom free for awhile.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

kjones02;37612 wrote: So, it has been a rough week for me feeling like I am hungry, been mainly eating egg whites and veggies. Tonight I really wanted something else, how many people eat turkey or not? Reactions, or do you just stick to chicken and fish most the time. Of course, I have to wait to start my probiotics, too. I just ordered megaflora today, but it won’t be shipped till Monday b/c it has to be packed in ice. I just get tired of the constant gas and bloat that occurs on my left abdomen all the time, but it has been even better this week on eating mainly veggies, no fruit at for the entire week. Still not sure about some foods, but I need to go grocery shopping this weekend again, too so I can make some coconut bread to try.

Eat lots of fat. Boil a chick put in the neck etc. Boil it for 4 hours remove the chicken, bone it and keep the meat. Then eat from that fatty soup all the time. Put in some himala salt, the chicken meat and some veggies if you want. Then use a lot of gelatine in your food, cold or warm.

cheers
    thomas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Protein?’ is closed to new replies.