Promising study about Carvacrol….

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Promising study about Carvacrol….

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

This is one of the latest studies about Carvacrol as an antifungal agent. It showed fungicidal effects against a lot of strains of resistant and non-resistant candida.
    It is great because the weakest part of most antifungals is they aren’t fungicidal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20835742

Jorge.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I’m sorry, but could you remind me what fungicidal means in relation to antifungals?

And Carvacrol is in oil of oregano, correct?

Thanks so much!

Kirsty

dvjorge
    Participant

kirstyk4 wrote: I’m sorry, but could you remind me what fungicidal means in relation to antifungals?

Thanks so much!

Kirsty

Kirsty,
    That is a very important question. !
    First, yes, Carvacrol is the antifungal substance present in Oil of Oregano.

Now, your question about fungicidal.
    What I am going to explain you will allow you to understand why this syndrome is very difficult to cure. Excuse my extension on the topic but I am that kind of person that like to know the root of the problems and to explain every detail doing my best.
    There are two kind of antifungals, fungicidal and fungistatic. Fungicidal means able to kill the yeast, and fungistatic means growth inhibition.
    Unfortunately, there are only a few fungicidal antifungals so far, and a limited amount of fungistatic antifungals.
    The reason because the immune system is necessary to eradicate CRC is because most antifungals can not kill the fungus.
    For instance, the azoles drugs (fluconazole, itraconazole, ketokonazole, voriconazole, and posoconazole ) are fungistatics, except voriconazole and posoconazole against some candida strains. In fact, they all are fungicidal in vitro, but the necessary concentration to reach this action in vivo can not be taken by humans. They attack the fungal ergosterol biosynthesis pathway that is very close to our own cholesterol, a vital part of our cells. So, when you take one of the azoles, you are only inhibiting the fungus growth, and the immune system must finish the job.
    There are some non-systemic antifungal drugs such as the polyenes (Nystatin, Amp B, and Natamicin) These drugs are fungicidal against most candida species. Their limitation is they don’t cross the intestinal lining and don’t act systemic when taken orally. So, the intracellular fungal infection won’t die because these drugs don’t reach the cells when taken orally ( don’t circulate in the blood ). There are some IV versions of Amp B that are fungicidal, but with a high liver toxicity as a side effect, and a last resort drugs. Since some years, medicine has developed a new antifungal generation called the Echinocandins. These drugs ( Caspofungin, Anidulafungin, and Micafungin ) are fungicidal against most candida species and other fungus. They attack another part of the fungal cell wall that is unique to fungus, the d-glucan synthase, for this reason they have low toxicity to humans. But, again, there is always a limitation, these compounds aren’t well absorbed by the intestinal epithelium, and there are only IV versions available. The pharma industry isn’t interested in creating oral versions so far because they won’t act systemic.
    Most of the natural known antifungals are weak in the concentration you may be taking and fungistatic. Since there are only a few studies regarding to its effectiveness in vitro, nobody knows the necessary amount to reach effective antifungal activity in vivo.
    Again, excuse my long explanation, but I feel now, you are aware of the complete picture and will realize why this infection is so hard to eradicate. You are trying to kill your enemy giving it a poison that isn’t a real poison. !!!

Hope this help you in your battle,
    Jorge.

eli35
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

dvjorge wrote:

I’m sorry, but could you remind me what fungicidal means in relation to antifungals?

Thanks so much!

Kirsty

Kirsty,
    That is a very important question. !
    First, yes, Carvacrol is the antifungal substance present in Oil of Oregano.

Now, your question about fungicidal.
    What I am going to explain you will allow you to understand why this syndrome is very difficult to cure. Excuse my extension on the topic but I am that kind of person that like to know the root of the problems and to explain every detail doing my best.
    There are two kind of antifungals, fungicidal and fungistatic. Fungicidal means able to kill the yeast, and fungistatic means growth inhibition.
    Unfortunately, there are only a few fungicidal antifungals so far, and a limited amount of fungistatic antifungals.
    The reason because the immune system is necessary to eradicate CRC is because most antifungals can not kill the fungus.
    For instance, the azoles drugs (fluconazole, itraconazole, ketokonazole, voriconazole, and posoconazole ) are fungistatics, except voriconazole and posoconazole against some candida strains. In fact, they all are fungicidal in vitro, but the necessary concentration to reach this action in vivo can not be taken by humans. They attack the fungal ergosterol biosynthesis pathway that is very close to our own cholesterol, a vital part of our cells. So, when you take one of the azoles, you are only inhibiting the fungus growth, and the immune system must finish the job.
    There are some non-systemic antifungal drugs such as the polyenes (Nystatin, Amp B, and Natamicin) These drugs are fungicidal against most candida species. Their limitation is they don’t cross the intestinal lining and don’t act systemic when taken orally. So, the intracellular fungal infection won’t die because these drugs don’t reach the cells when taken orally ( don’t circulate in the blood ). There are some IV versions of Amp B that are fungicidal, but with a high liver toxicity as a side effect, and a last resort drugs. Since some years, medicine has developed a new antifungal generation called the Echinocandins. These drugs ( Caspofungin, Anidulafungin, and Micafungin ) are fungicidal against most candida species and other fungus. They attack another part of the fungal cell wall that is unique to fungus, the d-glucan synthase, for this reason they have low toxicity to humans. But, again, there is always a limitation, these compounds aren’t well absorbed by the intestinal epithelium, and there are only IV versions available. The pharma industry isn’t interested in creating oral versions so far because they won’t act systemic.
    Most of the natural known antifungals are weak in the concentration you may be taking and fungistatic. Since there are only a few studies regarding to its effectiveness in vitro, nobody knows the necessary amount to reach effective antifungal activity in vivo.
    Again, excuse my long explanation, but I feel now, you are aware of the complete picture and will realize why this infection is so hard to eradicate. You are trying to kill your enemy giving it a poison that isn’t a real poison. !!!

Hope this help you in your battle,
    Jorge.

Hi Jorge,
    I was visiting this forum as a guess when I found this post. I only joined to thank you very much for bringing this information to the light.
    I have been visiting candida forums since 2006 when I discovered candida was affecting me badly. I have never found a better explanation about the antifungals than this you wrote in this post. I now understand why it has been so difficult to me to recover. I look forward to see more of your posts and already checked some of them. Very impressed.
    Thank you very much for posting it.
    Marie.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Yes very helpful and informative. Thank you for taking the time to explain it for us! 🙂

Kirsty

pdb
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9

dvjorge wrote: Most of the natural known antifungals are weak in the concentration you may be taking and fungistatic.

Hi Jorge, thanks for this information… do you have a list of the best natural antifungals that are fungicidal?

Also what do you make of this site and the oregano oil they are selling?

http://www.carvacrol-ex.com/

They claim…
    “Derived from the true Mountain Grown, Organic Wild Mediterranean Oregano plant, this oil contains a natural level of over 93% CARVACROL making it the worlds strongest natural antibiotic…”

Should I be buying some of this?

Thanks

dvjorge
    Participant

pdb wrote:

Most of the natural known antifungals are weak in the concentration you may be taking and fungistatic.

Hi Jorge, thanks for this information… do you have a list of the best natural antifungals that are fungicidal?

Also what do you make of this site and the oregano oil they are selling?

http://www.carvacrol-ex.com/

They claim…
    “Derived from the true Mountain Grown, Organic Wild Mediterranean Oregano plant, this oil contains a natural level of over 93% CARVACROL making it the worlds strongest natural antibiotic…”

Should I be buying some of this?

Thanks

I don’t know what exact concentration is necessary in blood to be fungicidal when taking natural antifungal substances. I also don’t know if those natural will damage your liver or your cells taken at high (untested) concentration. The fungicidal action is most of the time directly proportional to the concentration. I would like to know it.
    I can not say it will be or not. I am sorry.
    Jorge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Promising study about Carvacrol….’ is closed to new replies.