Prominent Leg Veins

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Prominent Leg Veins

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  juste25 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

indiarose
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello Everyone!

I’m new here, but I would REALLY appreciate any advice at all, as I can’t find any help anywhere!

So long story short, I had been experiencing digestive issues for over a year. I saw a Naturopath who thinks I have Candida.

So I begain the ‘anti Candida’ (no sugar) diet.

Two weeks after starting the diet I noticed my calves started to ‘ache’. I woke up the next morning and my right calf was hard and swollen and my veins were very prominent.

I saw my GP who could not understand why this would happen.

The swelling decreased over the following days, but I am not left with bright blue/green leg veins all through my calves and thighs, on both legs.

They are not ‘varicose’ – they are not ‘bulging’ from my skin (though they are in small areas), but you can clearly see all of my veins, especially in my inner calves.

I am only 23, and I have the legs of a 90 year old!

I followed the anti candida diet for about 4/5 months, and have now introduced natural sugars (fruit, honey).

The veins have not changed, and I am devastated, as I am ashamed of my legs.

I just don’t understand why this has happened. I never had any vein issues before (and I used to have an awful diet and do no exercise!).

PLEASE HELP ME!

Does anyone know why this would happen, or how I can resolve it?

In addition to my health issues, this has really got me down.

Thank you so much x

juste25
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

i also started diet not long ago, and veins on my arms and legs popped out a lot, its almost a week while i cant stand the pain. My doc send me to check my heart and thyroid. It’s so weird. Whats happening.

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Hello Juste,

I also experienced the calf cramps and tightness and swollen veins, heart palpilations. I had it during the first 3 months maybe or so, but now it’s gone, it might have gone away when I started to exercise, because I was pretty cautious and sedantry before and during the start of the diet, but I’m not sure, and you shouldn’t exercise during the early phases of the diet because it drains the immune system and you really need it at the start to handle all the toxins. Might be good to start exercising lightly about a month after you start with antifungals and probiotics if you are feeling well and don’t experience much Die-Off reaction, and then increase intensity and frequency.

But I do think it’s great that they check you’r Thyroid, because many here have exhausted Adrenals and then Thyroids and it’s a very important organ, and paramount for beating Candida.

Henschy

juste25
    Participant

thanks for reply.
    did your veins disappear completely? im kinda scared, because women from my mum side always had a huge problems with varicose, some even lead to open sores. I heard lots of C vitamin should help for prevention.
    I know i should exercise a bit, but i don’t even have strength to walk a mile these days. My stomach feels better but irregular heartbeat and spinning head drowns me down. Last day i found few very itchy pimples on back of my knee.

i wonder if i can use detralex,doc told me to.

Henschy
    Participant

Yes at first they were very prominent for the first few months and I noticed the diffrence and got kind of scared, then after the 3 months they got tinier then they were before this all started instead, so I got kind of scared of that too since I had gotten accustomed to them being prominent, but that only lasted a week, then ever since they have gotten back to the normal size they were before all this.

That’s interesting you also seem to be cautious of exerting yourself and sedantry now like I were. I did C-vitamin not for this though, and I noticed no diffrence, but then again my veins were straight and prominent, not twisted and varicose, and I don’t think you need to worry about that either now. I think this is just a early reaction of the diet and because of you’r lack of exertion, which might be a good thing during the start, but like I said you should start exercising in about a months time, if you can stand the prominent veins until then.
    When you start out jogging do it extremely slow, I had a heart rate monitor chestband that’s synced with my Garmin runners watch, and I had very high heart rate during just above walking pace jogging, that’s how bad my caution of exertion had gotten me. And remember to stretch after, alot of my muscles were unaccustomed to this sort of activity lately and I got terrible muscle soreness the next day. But I maintened running Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 4 weeks in a row and now it’s way easier and I feel much better.

Henschy

juste25
    Participant

im so thankful for your answers
    did you felt the pain in other areas?for me sometimes it weakens in legs but strikes the left side of my heart or neck badly. And i get weird feeling like my heart is vibrating a bit.
    I tried to stretch my legs but its so painfull. Gonna have another bad night today …

Henschy
    Participant

Oh yeah I had lots of weird twitching and cramps all over during the start of the diet. This could be mineral deficiencies, or it could be because of the diet, or stress. I believe my gutflora was in pretty bad balance when I started the diet and even alittle before, because I was stressed and got Gastritis, and took anti acids because of it, which fixed gastritis but made everything else worse. And after that it slowly got better when I started with Probiotics.

But yeah heart palpilations, I’ve had them all, pressure, sharp pain, the vibrations/buzzing humming feeling, feeling it went too slow/weak, fast/strong, sometimes its a double beat followed buy a longer pause, pain in chest when moving arms, pain in chest when bending forward, felt weird sensations near heart when eating, and a tickling sensation, and a burning feeling that travels about 10 cms through the heart and chest, it’s really weird and I was worried too. But I’ve done several tests, 4 ECG, Ultra sound, and an Exercise stress test, and there was nothing wrong with it, execept that I wasn’t very fit because of me worrying about exercising when I feared my heart was in trouble.

As long as you are getting enough but not too much Potassium and the salts for the heart, you will probably notice alot of improvement when you stop being worried(stressed) about it and can start exercising slowly. Might be too much strain on you’r immune system to start jogging already but maybe you can do some stretching at home and slow Yoga, buy a Yoga mattress and theres lots of diffrent Yoga youtube videos to try, that’s the biggest tip I could give to myself if I could go back in time and give myself a tip, that and meditation, because worrying and stressing about it only made everything worse, for example the calves can be very tight and tense all the time because of you worrying, maybe you are shaking them when you sit at the computer without thinking of it, that’s a sign of being stressed.

Henschy

juste25
    Participant

you know, you are the only one who makes me to calm down in such a situation.
    Today im a bit better,i woke up with a pressure in my chest,but the night was ok. Had a little walk and enjoyed it. And of course exercising. I dont know what actually helped me. But i ll keep doing all .

Henschy
    Participant

Hehe just glad I could help Juste ^ ^
    I know what you are going through.

Support is very important when doing this diet long term, otherwise people will just quit halfway, and it’s hard getting support from people in you’r surroundings when they just don’t know about Candida.

That’s great! Keep it up and when you can, you can start to jogg too to improve you’r heart and circulation.

Henschy

juste25
    Participant

even thought i can see veins all over my body,but the pain in legs is almost gone. My thyroid is ok,but they found a little lump in it. My heart is also ok,but they cant explain an irregular heartbeat. But those things doesnt bother me anymore
    I have something new to be scared of. For few weeks my neck in left side is in pain, and today,oh god help me,i found two lumps under the skin,i think its lymph nodes. Sometimes my left side of forehead hurts,and half of the face feels really weird. I had one evening when i didnt feel half of my lips. Thats scary.I also started to pee every damn hour. please someone tell me its a part of the game.

edit: i found one more lump on the head today, they are all painfull:/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Prominent Leg Veins’ is closed to new replies.