Progress stalled, how come?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Progress stalled, how come?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

teenies
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 16

I’ve been following a treatment protocol for the past 1.5 months with good results up until about a week ago. Symptoms such as earaches, eczema, tingling sensation on my face had greatly reduced. This week however, some of these symptoms have returned even though I’ve stayed on track with the protocol and even increased the supplement intake. I’m feeling more tired, I have bags under my eyes, the tingling and eczema seems have returned.
    I’m currently taking:
    1. Mega Flora Plus: 50 billion
    2. SF 722: 3 capsules 2 times a day (increase 1 capsule every week)
    3. 2 Grapefruit seed extract: 1 tablet 2 times a day
    4. Vitamin C, B and D3

Has anyone else experienced a plateau and regression of their progress while adhering to a strict diet and treatment? This is very discouraging.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your diet like?

I noticed a plateau in my progress and its from a variety of factors. I believe the main reason is that I believe I have inter-related health problems seperate from candida (such as thyroid problem, poor sleep, parasites, etc). Poor diet is also a factor as well.

How much sleep are you getting? Are you eating enough food?

A lot of people who have eczema problems have not cured this problem with the candida diet. One person on the forum did an anti-inflammatory diet and this benefitted them more than the anti-candida diet.

Also, I thought I’d state that there are good and bad days on the candida diet. Some days you feel great while others you don’t feel nearly as good. I’ve even had a few bad weeks and a bunch of good weeks as well.

-raster

teenies

My diet has been very consistant. Fish, skinless chicken breast, turkey, beef a little pork and lots of greens. Because of my leaky gut, I have many food intolerances including eggs, almonds, and foods with high amines. Eating is definitely a challenge.
    I also make these yummy coconut and flax seed cookies with stevia as a treat. Besides candida and leaky gut, everything else health wise is fine.
    Can these symptoms be die off symptoms? I didn’t think it was because I’ve been on this diet for over 3 months already and the supplements have been introduced so slowly. I’m totally stumped.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Raster, is it not possible that more fungus is dying and the reactions are part of the new die-off? She wrote that she was increasing the supplements. Is it not possible that first a big chunk of weaker fungus dies and now after she increased the dose more candida dies and therefore she has again reactions?

yours
    thomas

raster
    Participant

I’d consider cutting out the flax cookies to see if you make more progress without them. I used to eat sunflower seeds earlier in my diet, and then eventually 3 months later I had food reactions to them because of the mold content. Even though you might not react to them, the molds could be setting back your progress.

You might just be having a bad week where your immune system is more taxed than normal. If you have a few bad nights of sleep, this can set back your whole week and make your symptoms return. Are you getting 8 hours of sleep every night?

Also, with the SF722 I would not up the doseage of this because it isn’t meant to increase. You should just keep it at the same level of doseage (6 capsules per day). If you want to increase the doseage of other antifungals such GSE than this is completely ok.

Another possibility is that the candida has become resistant to the GSE so it isn’t dying off as much (or the opposite and it is dying more). It can adapt easily to antifungals such as GSE, but cannot adapt easily to SF722. You might want to consider switching to oregano oil, coconut oil, etc. to see if you get more die-off.

There is a possibility that the die-off is still continuing. I personally still had die-off after 1.5 months into the diet. If the die-off toxins have no where to go, then they re-circulate throughout the body causing symptoms. Also, if you are only having one bowel movement per day or less, than this isn’t good because candida can thrive on the food that is fermenting in the gut. Grape bitters and other supplements can aid digestion. Improving digestion is one of the top goals you should have with the diet.

-raster

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

teenies wrote: beef a little pork

These two meats may cause you problems. Able has said in the allowed foods list that red meats like pork and beef contain more ammonia which can feed candida. So sticking to the other meats that you have been eating may be helpful. Hope you get back on track soon, I know how defeating it can feel to start feeling good and then the old symptoms return.

teenies

raster wrote: Also, with the SF722 I would not up the doseage of this because it isn’t meant to increase. You should just keep it at the same level of doseage (6 capsules per day). If you want to increase the doseage of other antifungals such GSE than this is completely ok.
    -raster

I didn’t know that I was suppose to stop at 6 per day. According to the bottle and my Naturopath, I was suppose to work my way up to 5 capsules 3 times a day. So that’s too much?

raster
    Participant

If your going to a naturopath, then do what he says, but I think thats too much personally.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

teenies wrote: This week however, some of these symptoms have returned even though I’ve stayed on track with the protocol and even increased the supplement intake. I’m feeling more tired, I have bags under my eyes, the tingling and eczema seems have returned.

This sounds a lot like die-off. Are you taking Molybdenum?

You named all the the supplements you’re taking, but you didn’t say if you had changed or added any of those just prior to the increase in symptoms.

If this is the Candida returning, there’s always a definite reason as it doens’t just return if the protocol hasn’t changed at all unless you’re not alternating the antifungals. Are you doing this?

Able

teenies

This sounds a lot like die-off. Are you taking Molybdenum?
    Yes, I’m taking Molybdeum too everyday.

You named all the the supplements you’re taking, but you didn’t say if you had changed or added any of those just prior to the increase in symptoms.
    I’ve maintained the same doseage for the GSE and probiotics. Since the start of the treatment. I should clarify that I’ve been on several versions of treatments for the past year. I’ve always been taking GSE. The treatment I listed above has been in place for about a month now.

If this is the Candida returning, there’s always a definite reason as it doens’t just return if the protocol hasn’t changed at all unless you’re not alternating the antifungals. Are you doing this?
    I do rotate in Oil of Oregano and Coconut Oil but I keep taking the SF722 or GSE.
    I notice the symptoms when I eat, not when I take my supplements.

raster
    Participant

OK…well then that is food reactions aka food allergies. If you have leaky gut then its normal to have food reactions. This doesn’t mean your progress is stalled, it just means you have leaky gut. It takes many months to heal leaky gut, and if you cheat on the diet, smoke, or drink caffeine, take prescription medication, then it will become more inflamed.

What foods give you reactions?

What are you taking to heal leaky gut? There is a variety of supplements you can take that will heal leaky gut, but I don’t see any on your list.

Also, in order to heal leaky gut, you need to reduce the inflammation within your body. You can do this by eating anti-inflammatory foods, avoiding caffeine/smoking, and taking anti-inflammatory supplements such as fermented cod liver oil.

It can take as long as 6-18 months to heal from candida overgrowth and healing leaky gut takes a very long time from my own experience.

-raster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Progress stalled, how come?’ is closed to new replies.