Progress on Mercury Medicine

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Progress on Mercury Medicine

This topic contains 98 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Wikipedia: Dental amalgam controversy – Health effects

First line:
    “Peer-reviewed scientific studies have come to opposite conclusions on whether the mercury exposure from amalgam fillings causes health problems.”

Let our health be dependable on the fact that there is doubt!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Man I didn’t know about the extent this thread continued after I stopped following it!

The way I look at things is that both BPA and mercury in the body are bad. Its best to prevent cavities before they happen.

And I also think that floggi is not looking at the mercury success stories out there on the web from people who have started chelation and feel good suddenly like titan.

I personally believe that the testing is likely not good enough for them to scientifically indicate anything in regards to mercury. Measuring tiny amounts of an element in the body seems quite difficult in my opinion…

And another thing worth mentioning about the ADA is they believe fluoride is good for us when in fact it is widely used in insecticides and poisons around the world. It is quite toxic and a bottle of toothpaste if consumed at once can kill you. The ADA won’t look at this topic whatsoever, its all about strong teeth!

Floggi does bring up good points but there is a whole realm of naturopath’s and alternative doctor’s that will disagree with him and the studies he has produced.

And it shouln’t be only about mercury either. Its all the heavy metals that harm us including things like lead. If I had high lead levels, wouldn’t it be a general idea to remove it from the body?

Another thing worth mentioning about mercury is the EPA considers it to be harmful and they have set levels/standards to measure this harm. The EPA and ADA have different and conflicting statements about mercury and what it can do to the body.

-raster

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

Floggi;49383 wrote:
    When did you live there?

In general, highly toxic pollution was common in some areas, but only during the 1950’s and possibly the early 1960’s. After that, rivers were still polluted, but the pollution was almost entirely removed from ordinary people’s environments. So since the 1960’s, all you had to do was make sure you didn’t swim in the river Rhine for too long, and certainly didn’t drink its water.

The only notable exception was the lead in gasoline, which wasn’t removed until much, much later.

Other kinds of pollution, amongst which mercury, only prevailed in soms third-world countries.

Now maybe the USA was much, much worse in the sense of protecting the population against industrial pollution – anyhow, the above is the situation in the developed world. I can imagine the USA being a few years behind in matters like this, but not decades.

Yes, I was born and brought up in a third world country.
    And in one of Asia’s biggest industrial corridors.

My hometown was found out to be the second most mercury polluted in the whole country.

That being aside,
    Every one here has brain’s, and can a lot easily than you, pass sarcastic comments.
    But listen with your clear senses that this place is not for that purpose.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

TheChosenOne;49405 wrote: “Peer-reviewed scientific studies have come to opposite conclusions on whether the mercury exposure from amalgam fillings causes health problems.”

Exactly! So there is no evidence that amalgam causes problems.

If there would be effects, they would have been found after so much and so thorough investigations. To put it differently: IF there were a noticeable effect, it would have been found by now. The fact that no effect has been found despite thorough research means that an effect, IF it exists, has tiny effects at worst.

TheChosenOne;49405 wrote: Let our health be dependable on the fact that there is doubt!

That’s a non-argument that’s often used by those who are lacking arguments.

If you are really saying that we should avoid everything about which any doubt exists, then we should avoid living in a city, living on soil that contains rock or clay, all products made from potatoes or tomatoes, all fruits, and so on, and so on.

raster;49407 wrote: The way I look at things is that both BPA and mercury in the body are bad. Its best to prevent cavities before they happen.

That last thing is true, of course. The question is: what to do once you already have developed cavities?

raster;49407 wrote: And I also think that floggi is not looking at the mercury success stories out there on the web from people who have started chelation and feel good suddenly like titan.

Sure I looked at those. Fact is, these reports are easily explained without resorting to the theory of “mercury poisoning”.

raster;49407 wrote: And another thing worth mentioning about the ADA is they believe fluoride is good for us when in fact it is widely used in insecticides and poisons around the world. It is quite toxic and a bottle of toothpaste if consumed at once can kill you. The ADA won’t look at this topic whatsoever, its all about strong teeth!

This scare reminds me of dihydrogen monoxide. Have you ever investigated that dangers of that chemical? It’s quite pervasive, yet no government-backed agency even looked into the obvious dangers of dihydrogen monoxide!

raster;49407 wrote: And it shouln’t be only about mercury either. Its all the heavy metals that harm us including things like lead. If I had high lead levels, wouldn’t it be a general idea to remove it from the body?

Another well-known strategy: “Here’s a red berry. It’s very poisonous. Everyone agrees about that. See, I have now proven that all red fruits are very poisonous!

Your variation of the above is: “Lead is poisonous. We know that. Lead is a metal. See, all metals are poisonous!”

nikki;49416 wrote: I was born and brought up in a third world country.
    And in one of Asia’s biggest industrial corridors.

My hometown was found out to be the second most mercury polluted in the whole country.

Okay, that changes things. You actually may have extraneous levels of mercury in your body. Luckily, compared to other Americans, Europeans and Australians, you’re quite an exception.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Floggi;49403 wrote:
    Ah, now we’re suddenly moving away from industrial waste?

Whatever…

Luckily, the amalgam that was used in dental fillings does not cause any mercury poisoning of the body. There’s no relation between the amount of mercury found in body tissues, including the brain, and the amount of fillings or the number of years a person has had these fillings.

These findings were not from some urine test or hair test, which could be very inaccurate. The findings were from tissues that were extracted from deceased persons. Therefore, the measurements of the amount of mercury (and many other things) are very, very accurate.

A person’s belief that amalgam fillings are poisonous may be what’s poisoning that persons’ mind. The amalgams are harmless.

Floggi, are you familiar with the book Amalgam Illness, Diagnosis and Treatment?

It’s written by a chemist who became mercury poisoned from his amalgam fillings, realized what had happened, and then figured out what to do to get better. After curing himself with a frequent, low-dose chelation method he decided to write a book about it to help others. The book describes how mercury damages the body and causes numerous, chronic illnesses and syndromes. Allergies, food intolerances, candida, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and countless other health problems can be caused by mercury.

I understand the sentiment that “if amalgams caused mercury poisoning we would know it by now”. I certainly had a hard time believing it at first. The fact is, mercury poisoning is pretty difficult to diagnosis and just as difficult to treat. These are the main reasons, IMO, why more aren’t aware of the issue today.

yolee
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi I am a new member here and I am so greatful to find this forum with so much information to help me with my health.
    I realize this is an old post but I have a few questions for anyone who can give me some advice. I do have metal texocity confirmed by my herbalist. I have my first appt with a mercury free dentist tomorrow to start the process to get my fillings safely replaced. I’m not sure if the dentist will know about the chelating process so thank you for posting all that you have about it. My questions are did you also continue taking the antifugls and probiotics during the chelating process, did you continue the candida diet also? My herbalist has me on liver pro & kidney pro by bioresonance research to support my liver & kidneys while on the candida protocol, should I continue these?

I would greatly appreciate any advice I can get!

Thanks
    Yolee

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

yolee;49770 wrote: Hi I am a new member here and I am so greatful to find this forum with so much information to help me with my health.
    I realize this is an old post but I have a few questions for anyone who can give me some advice. I do have metal texocity confirmed by my herbalist. I have my first appt with a mercury free dentist tomorrow to start the process to get my fillings safely replaced. I’m not sure if the dentist will know about the chelating process so thank you for posting all that you have about it. My questions are did you also continue taking the antifugls and probiotics during the chelating process, did you continue the candida diet also? My herbalist has me on liver pro & kidney pro by bioresonance research to support my liver & kidneys while on the candida protocol, should I continue these?

I would greatly appreciate any advice I can get!

Thanks
    Yolee

I don’t think there’s anything necessarily wrong with continuing with the antifungals while chelating, however a lot of antifungals are high sulfur/thiol foods and a lot of people with mercury toxicity have trouble tolerating these foods. High sulfur/thiol foods mobilize mercury inside of the body and can cause a flare-up of symptoms. Using coconut oil as your main antifungal is probably your best bet.

Here’s some more info on the sulfur/thiol issue: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/

That whole site really that I just linked has a ton of information that should be useful. Also, Andy Cutler’s books Amalgam Illness and Hair Test Interpretation are most likely the best sources of information you will find on mercury issues.

Hope that helped.

yolee

Thanks ThomasJoel2! Which book would you suggest to best help me with the chelating process? The hair test interpretation or the illness, diagnosis & treatment? I would like to do the hair test does the illness, diagnosis & treatment show how to do the hair test as well, do you know?

I found his protocol online and its a lot of info but not too sure if its complete and I would like to do it right the first time so if I have to buy the book I will but would also like to save money where I can.

Thanks
    Yolee

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

yolee;49811 wrote: Thanks ThomasJoel2! Which book would you suggest to best help me with the chelating process? The hair test interpretation or the illness, diagnosis & treatment? I would like to do the hair test does the illness, diagnosis & treatment show how to do the hair test as well, do you know?

I found his protocol online and its a lot of info but not too sure if its complete and I would like to do it right the first time so if I have to buy the book I will but would also like to save money where I can.

Thanks
    Yolee

No problem, yolee. IMO both books are must-owns if you’re mercury toxic. I understand wanting to save money, as I’m sure you’re spending a lot already on diet/supplements, but they both really are worth it. Here’s a torrent I found of his first book, Amalgam Illness, however: http://kickass.to/andrew-hall-cutler-amalgam-illness-t6533350.html

Amalgam Illness is mostly about what supplements/medications you can take while chelating to alleviate whatever symptoms are troubling you. It explains other things as well though, such as how exactly mercury damages your body, what symptoms it can cause, etc. The actual frequent low-dose chelation protocol is described in the appendix. To get a better idea of the protocol you should check out the front page of the following site: livingnetwork.co.za. IMO the author of that site does a better job at describing the core of the protocol than Cutler’s books do.

Hair Test Interpretation is the book that tells you how to diagnose mercury toxicity via a Hair Elements test. The “counting rules” approach that Cutler uses to diagnose mercury is actually pretty easily described. The bulk of the book is really about providing example hair tests, describing the person and their symptoms and how they have improved via chelation if they have chosen to do so. It also tells you how to deal with other heavy metals if you have more than just a mercury toxicity issue.

If you have any more questions, let me know. 🙂

yolee

ThomasJoel2;49812 wrote:

Thanks ThomasJoel2! Which book would you suggest to best help me with the chelating process? The hair test interpretation or the illness, diagnosis & treatment? I would like to do the hair test does the illness, diagnosis & treatment show how to do the hair test as well, do you know?

Thanks
    Yolee

No problem, yolee. IMO both books are must-owns if you’re mercury toxic. I understand wanting to save money, as I’m sure you’re spending a lot already on diet/supplements, but they both really are worth it. Here’s a torrent I found of his first book, Amalgam Illness, however: http://kickass.to/andrew-hall-cutler-amalgam-illness-t6533350.html

Amalgam Illness is mostly about what supplements/medications you can take while chelating to alleviate whatever symptoms are troubling you. It explains other things as well though, such as how exactly mercury damages your body, what symptoms it can cause, etc. The actual frequent low-dose chelation protocol is described in the appendix. To get a better idea of the protocol you should check out the front page of the following site: livingnetwork.co.za. IMO the author of that site does a better job at describing the core of the protocol than Cutler’s books do.

Hair Test Interpretation is the book that tells you how to diagnose mercury toxicity via a Hair Elements test. The “counting rules” approach that Cutler uses to diagnose mercury is actually pretty easily described. The bulk of the book is really about providing example hair tests, describing the person and their symptoms and how they have improved via chelation if they have chosen to do so. It also tells you how to deal with other heavy metals if you have more than just a mercury toxicity issue.

If you have any more questions, let me know. 🙂
    Thanks for all the info! I will check out that site I think that might be the one I already looked at, but I’ll check. I’m going to join the frequent dose chelation yahoo group also. I think the main thing I’m worried about are my adrenals and thyroid. I’m already on an adrenaline/ thyroid homeopatic drops from my herbalist so I know they are out of wack I guess you can call it but not sure if that’s enough. I feel pretty good right now being on the diet and antifungls but I know the metal texocity is there and I want to treat it in hopes of curing my candida but I really don’t want to make anything worse. Have you experienced any of this yourself? Did you do the chelating?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

I haven’t started chelating yet, but will be starting pretty soon with DMPS only first. Right now I’m building up some of the basic supplements Cutler suggests to take while chelating: Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Zinc. It just takes a while because I like to introduce/increase one thing at a time so I know what I’m reacting too. I already had a bad reaction from taking too much magnesium too fast, so just gotta be patient. I’m also considering maybe starting Armour for my thyroid before I start chelation, but really I’m just so anxious to start that I’ll probably start chelating first.

One thing you might want to look into for your adrenals is Adrenal Cortex Extract. It seems to be one of the most popular supplements people take for their adrenals. If you have any fatigue-type symptoms it’s usually the supplement that makes the most difference. I know for me, personally, it’s the most important supplement I take. Hope your filling removal is going smoothly.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

I wanted to bump this thread and let others know about the positive experience I’m having thus far with DMPS chelation. I’ve been chelating according to the frequent, low-dose method with DMPS for about 6 weeks now and just wanted to say that what I’ve experienced so far has been very encouraging. The biggest improvement so far has been a lift in brain-fog and a general sense of improved emotional well-being. Since these are the two most important symptoms to me, I’m very pleased.

I also wanted to share a success story for you guys (and gals) regarding someone else reversing their health conditions through DMPS chelation. Word of advice: the author of the story had a positive experience with DMPS IV chelation, but many don’t and is not something I personally recommend. Many have adverse reactions to IV chelation and for this reason I can only personally recommend the oral, frequent, low-dose method that Andy Cutler advises.

http://www.mercurylife.com/mercurylife/chelating_out_of_the_darkness/index.html

The author’s improvements:

(1) my muscles are working a lot better — they’re stronger and more flexible;
    (2) I’m not as cold, both in my core and in my hands and feet — my thyroid seems to be working better;
    (3) my short-term memory and cognitive ability are hugely improved;
    (4) my joints work much better — far less popping and “loose” feelings;
    (5) my hair is thicker, stronger, and growing back (slowly) in some of the places I lost it;
    (6) I have far less allergies / pain from allergies;
    (7) my low back feels so very much better than it used to — it’s not pain-free, but, generally, it rarely hurts;
    (8) my fatigue is almost entirely gone now — it’s been a slow process, but I’m back to basically full energy;
    (9) I’m much more calm / less anxious;
    (10) my heartbeat is “steadier”;
    (11) my outlook / sense of optimism is way up;
    (12) my sense of well-being is way up;
    (13) my blurry vision is gone;
    (14) my fibromyalgia / whole-body pain is probably 85-90% gone;
    (15) my body feels much, much more relaxed than it did before;
    (16) my nasal / eye pain is gone;
    (17) my appetite has stabilized — no more hypoglycemia, huge hunger attacks, etc.;
    (18) I have excellent exercise capability — amazing strength and endurance, and I can get my heart rate up way higher than I could previously;
    (19) my chronic sinusitis is substantially better;
    (20) my seborrheic dermatitis is nearly gone after over 15 years;
    (21) my skin is more “supple” — it has more color, tans much easier (while I was sick, it would burn quickly), and looks more moist;
    (22) I have an easier time swallowing;
    (23) I tolerate alcohol much better;
    (24) my cravings for sugar are down, although this increases or decreases depending on when I am chelating;
    (25) I have more self-confidence and self-esteem;
    (26) I enjoy socializing with other people more;
    (27) I no longer get eye pain while looking at a computer screen (from ultraviolet light?);
    (28) I tolerate all types of foods better (i.e., less food allergies);
    (29) I am able to wear contacts much more comfortably, presumably because my eyes are much less dry;
    (30) I have more motivation to get things done;
    (31) my carpal tunnel symptoms are gone;
    (32) while not gone, my floaters are much lighter and, somehow, much more mentally tolerable;
    (33) I no longer have an eye twitch in my left eyelid;
    (34) I no longer get headaches — at all;
    (35) I rarely ever have a sore throat;
    (36) I no longer have reflux at all;
    (37) I no longer have restless legs syndrome (RLS);
    (38) my blood pressure is totally normal again; and
    (39) my TMJ problems are gone.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Chelation continues to go well. I definitely would not have been able to post such long-winded posts like I have recently prior to starting chelation just a couple of months ago. This is the best I’ve felt in quite some time. Looking forward to more progress…

Another positive experience with frequent, low-dose chelation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XIDA89l5ks

Success story in-progress, this guy seems to have recently turned the corner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6A–uPl0XQ

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Though some individuals may experience improvement after a risky treatment like chelation, chelation cannot be considered safe.

It’s like crossing a street without looking. Some safely reach the other side, and they may report they are very happy because the other side of the street is better than the side they came from. But such reports are only voiced by those who survived – you never hear the story of someone who was killed because he crossed the street without looking.

Chelation is an accepted medical practice – but only in those cases where the advantages outweigh the risks. Responsible doctors do know about chelation, they know when to apply it, and they also know when not to apply it.

There’s a reason doctors are reluctant in using chelation. Let’s not forget that.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Floggi;55912 wrote: Though some individuals may experience improvement after a risky treatment like chelation, chelation cannot be considered safe.

It’s like crossing a street without looking. Some safely reach the other side, and they may report they are very happy because the other side of the street is better than the side they came from. But such reports are only voiced by those who survived – you never hear the story of someone who was killed because he crossed the street without looking.

Any health protocol will have its risks and benefits. It is up to the sick person to decide whether or not the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks. Your analogy is a poor one. I spent over 6 months researching this topic before I ultimately started chelating. Looking back, the only thing that I regret is that I waited so long.

Floggi;55912 wrote: Chelation is an accepted medical practice – but only in those cases where the advantages outweigh the risks. Responsible doctors do know about chelation, they know when to apply it, and they also know when not to apply it.

IF you’re mercury toxic THEN you have 2 options:

1) Do nothing, for fear that you may get worse. Remain chronically ill for the rest of your life.
    2) Chelate the mercury (and other harmful metals) out in a safe and effective manner (frequent, low-dose chelation). Recover your health.

It’s really not that difficult of a decision.

Floggi;43103 wrote:

Floggi, quick question. Are you here on behalf of the ADA or AMA? Or Both?

What are the ADA and the AMA? I do not know those organisations. (But I can guess what they are.)

Anyway, the answer is: no.

Why are you asking, if I may ask?

Floggi, he was accusing you of working for the American Dental Association and/or the American Medical Association. He was asking because, hypothetically speaking, if you were, that would be a huge conflict of interest that the readers of this thread should know about.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Progress on Mercury Medicine’ is closed to new replies.