Progress on Mercury Medicine

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Progress on Mercury Medicine

This topic contains 98 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Interesting topic. I am going to read about this protocol here in a bit, and look it up. However, I have a question. Do you think maybe my history of having braces (2.5 years), retainer (another 2 years), and still wear a wire on my bottom front teeth (permanent) could pose a problem?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Mercury is one of the most toxic substances on the earth, surpassed only by plutonium, according to Dr. Paul Gilbert of the Academy of General Dentistry. Mercury amalgam dental fillings have been used in the United States since 1833 and 50 percent of their composition is toxic liquid mercury. Mercury poisoning is pervasive, affecting the entire body, according to well-known advocate of amalgam removal, Dr. Hal Huggins. Recovery from mercury poisoning is long and tedious.
    Oral Symptoms
    Oral galvanism occurs when the fillings in a person’s mouth become like batteries during exposure to moisture from saliva, producing an electric current that causes an allergy-like response in the mouth, reports M.F. Ziff. When metallic objects such as utensils are placed in the mouth, the person literally gets shocked. Other mercury poisoning symptoms from amalgams are periodontal disease and gingivitis with gum pain and bleeding, tooth loss, root canals and abscesses.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/75603-mercury-amalgam-poisoning-symptoms/#ixzz2QOmwG7Cl

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/advisorycommittees/committeesmeetingmaterials/medicaldevices/medicaldevicesadvisorycommittee/dentalproductspanel/ucm236379.pdf

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Titan,

Does your hair analysis indicate that your mercury levels are still high?

Do you do periodic hair analysis to see if the treatments are slowly reducing your mercury levels?

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

You know, this is why I’m off this forum. People come out of the woodwork to start arguing.

All I did was tell you guys that I think I might have found the answer and presented REAL recovery stories.

When people who are NOT medical professionals come on these forums and present “facts” as law, it can confuse and stress out the readers.

I wasn’t presenting facts, just what I’ve learned so far. I’ve read many books on mercury and watched Mercury Undercover to educate myself. MU is a documentary with several medical professionals providing their expertise on the subject. How come the PhD from the University of Kentucky didn’t say that mercury amalgams are negligible??

Are you a medical professional Floggi? Or are you simply reading information on the Internet like the rest of us? You sound very intelligent and I’m sure you’ve done your homework, but nothing I presented is controversial – remove the source of the poison safely, avoid re-exposure, and chelate to get the metals out of the body, while following a low carb/sugar/starch/gluten diet, and supplementing minerals, vitamins, and probiotics.

And what exactly is wrong with what im doing? I removed my amalgams months ago safely and the pain in my face is gone. I avoid fish now. I am taking chelators to pull the mercury out of the body.

This topic is meant to be a positive story. Why is every topic on this forum argued so much? We can’t even agree on diets or antifungals. I’m so TIRED of sick people arguing. I have learned a lot on the internet and it could save my life eventually, but this is why i dont come online anymore.

Just try to find out what is wrong with YOURSELF, then choose your path, and get on with life. I’ve stopped researching Mercury months ago. Now I’m going out to parties, enjoying my career again, etc.

It seems there is a never ending non-consensus to alternative medicine. I for one am just going to get back to my life and remain stress free and happy that I believe I found a cure.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

This sounds like something worth trying in the future but i can not afford to remove my 4 metal fillings so i guess i cant try this .bummer .

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

titan;41320 wrote: it can confuse and stress out the readers

This just sums the mercury issue up for me. It’s just too much. I’m dealing with too many stressors in my life right now I can’t introduce yet more extensive uncertainty.

I just wish there existed hard, consensual evidence 🙁

titan
    Participant

I am now up to 15mg of DMPS, and it is amazing. It has given me “a” life. I’ve been able to concentrate at work, quit smoking (no more panic, hence no more urges), and my depression and fatigue have turned down from a 10 to a 3. My panic attacks are few and far between and last only a few seconds.

The best thing that is happening on this medicine is that I am getting flashes of pure joy. It’s hard to explain. A fun thought will pop into my head, like a past memory of checking into a hotel while on vacation or an idea about taking a trip or making someone happy, and the thought would only stay for a second or 2.

I’ll look at an object, like a clear solo cup, and it will remind me of the beach or going to the pool, and I immediately get happy.

Since upping my dose to 15mg, the thoughts are coming more and more each and every day, and they are “sticking” longer, up to 5 seconds or so. At 5mg, I would get 3-5 of these flashes a day. At 15mg, I’m getting them every hour now!

Overall, I am happy.

Let me repeat that statement, I AM HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the first time in 3 years, I am experiencing feelings of joy again.

I am eating low sugar, chicken, veggies, tomatoes, etc. My cheats are gluten-free things, but only occasionally. My skin isn’t as good as it was on the strict forum diet, but I can function on this DMPS medicine, and I can travel and eat at restaurants w/ salads or grilled chicken and veggies.

Don’t rule out mercury. I didn’t even have amalgams in my mouth, I had metal-fused to porcelain crowns, but I had them replaced anyway. The 2 times I got extremely sick where when I came back from a trip eating seafood, and when I had one of my fillings removed. I could have gotten exposure my whole life from toxic metals, and something or other sent me over the edge 3 years ago.

But I also want everyone to know that I am cautious, and its good to know that if this isn’t the final cure for me, I can always use the forum protocol or at least the foods list to minimize symptoms.

From someone who was in a dark place and thinking dark thoughts, to now write these words of happiness to you…it brings tears to my eyes. I will never think dark thoughts again. This world hasn’t seen the last of me. I’m going to have everything I want from this life, whether I fully recover or not.

Sincere hope for you all,

Titan

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Good to hear titan. Are you going to bother getting a hair analysis done to re- test your metal levels? I’m just curious to see if the hair analysis test would indicate your metal levels going down with your treatments.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Good stuff titan. I believe your problems are greater than candida but its great you are seeing such results.

I talked to my naturopath at length about chelation last week and he definitely has a strong emphasis on minerals and pH. You need minerals very badly while chelating. He said people who have bad chelation experiences and outcomes don’t have enough minerals in the body or are too acidic. I believe you likely have good mineral levels and pH from the diet and eating healthy, so it may not be a problem for you.

He knows about many chelation agents and he stated that some are quite expensive. I basically can pay for whatever level of chelation I want to do, its all up to me I guess what I want to pay. The one he talked about was chlorella and he stated he gets it from one place that makes it in test tubes; its the only manufacturer in the world that makes it in test tubes. The chlorella from other sources is tainted and thus is not good for chelation.

He mentioned how ALA is a great replacement supplement for the heavy metals that leave the body; if something is removed, it needs to be replaced he said. So be sure to be getting plenty of good things in your diet including fatty acids and essential oils, minerals, etc.

He hasn’t heard of the andy cutler protocol because it likely is too new. If you have a good website or link about his protocol, I’d appreciate it. I mostly just want to print something out for him to read. I may even consider getting the book (what is it called again?). He likely knows about these chelation agents and so I can alter his plan potentially.

-raster

titan
    Participant

jameskep, I do plan on restesting hair, but I’m really not focused on that right now. I’m 3 years behind the ball here, and I am just enjoying day dreaming again.

raster, the name of the book is Amalgam Illness…Dr. Cutler’s method is considered the safest and has been around for 10+ years.

If you join the yahoo frequent dose chelation group, there is a wealth of information on the subject. One thing that is pretty consistent…I see a lot of stories of people who had naturopaths who screwed them up on random chelation protocols. My nurse in Seattle said that she’s had people come to her that were confined to wheelchairs from bad protocols. I would ask your guy to give you some success stories form his patients. I found the nurse in Seattle from reading the book of one of her fully recovered patients. The book is called Getting The Mercury Out.

I am supplementing like crazy, adding minerals and all kinds of pills to replace all the things that chelation takes out of your body along with the toxic metals.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

raster;41530 wrote: Good stuff titan. I believe your problems are greater than candida but its great you are seeing such results.

I talked to my naturopath at length about chelation last week and he definitely has a strong emphasis on minerals and pH. You need minerals very badly while chelating. He said people who have bad chelation experiences and outcomes don’t have enough minerals in the body or are too acidic. I believe you likely have good mineral levels and pH from the diet and eating healthy, so it may not be a problem for you.

He knows about many chelation agents and he stated that some are quite expensive. I basically can pay for whatever level of chelation I want to do, its all up to me I guess what I want to pay. The one he talked about was chlorella and he stated he gets it from one place that makes it in test tubes; its the only manufacturer in the world that makes it in test tubes. The chlorella from other sources is tainted and thus is not good for chelation.

He mentioned how ALA is a great replacement supplement for the heavy metals that leave the body; if something is removed, it needs to be replaced he said. So be sure to be getting plenty of good things in your diet including fatty acids and essential oils, minerals, etc.

He hasn’t heard of the andy cutler protocol because it likely is too new. If you have a good website or link about his protocol, I’d appreciate it. I mostly just want to print something out for him to read. I may even consider getting the book (what is it called again?). He likely knows about these chelation agents and so I can alter his plan potentially.

-raster

Raster,

ALA isn’t a supplement needed after Mercury chelation but the best oral chelator agent known.

It is ALA that will bind with Mercury and transport it to your evacuation channels.

The book is expensive but worths every penny. It is around $ 100.00.

Cilantro and Chlorella don’t chelate mercury correctly. That is a myth propagated in the web like many others about candida I have mentioned. In fact, Cilantro and Chlorella have binding properties to some metal including Mercury, but this bind isn’t strong enough to carry the mercury out safe. They are only one thiol.

You need a chelator that have at least two thiol molecules to ensure an strong bond. Be careful with cilantro more than with chlorella. Cilantro crosses the brain blood barrier and may transport mercury in to your brain. They are mobilizers that bind to mercury but may release it after circulating in the blood. ALA, DMSA, and DMPS bind strong enough to ensure the mercury won’t be released anywhere in the body.

Get the book ” The Amalgam Illness” by Dr. Andy Cuttler.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Cheesey;41195 wrote: I’m really confused here. Would anyone care to back their statements up with well designed, peer-reviewed publications?

Let’s start with some publications about the alternative to amalgam fillings. Those who have their amalgam removed, have it replaced with composite resin. Composite resin does look better because it is tooth-colored. However, they contain lots of BPA (a kind of bisphenol, of the phenol family of chemicals).

BPA used to be used in food containers, even in drinking bottles. However, it turned out to be poisonous. Therefore, it has recently be banned after it was declared to be a toxic substance. BPA is now banned in the USA, Canada, en Europe.

Unfortunately, BPA is still widely used in composite resin fillings. It significantly leaks into the body. A respected, peer-reviewed publication is one of Sasaki et al. in the Journal of Materials in Science, Materials in Medicine (PubMed link and book). Another one is by Vom Saal and Hughes, published in Environmental Health Perspectives (PubMed, PDF, and abstract).

Note that the FDA warns against the dangers of BPA; there is no comparable FDA warning against the dangers of amalgam. Thus, even if amalgam would not be perfectly safe, we may conclude that composite resin is even less safe.

Opponents of the use of amalgam sometimes state that amalgam has been forbidden in a number of countries. What those opponents fail to tell us is that there is not a single country where the ban on amalgam resulted from concerns about the effects of the fillings. Instead, those countries that banned amalgams did so because of environmental effects due to the mining and disposal of mercury.

Another study looked specifically at children, because they are thought to be more vulnerable to any negative effect than adults. Thus, a large group of children was studied; about half of these children had quite a lot of amalgam fillings, the other half did not. The children were followed for a significant time: five years.

The results were published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (PubMed and the full article (free)). To summarize: “[T]here were no statistically significant differences in adverse neuropsychological or renal effects observed over the 5-year period in children whose caries were restored using dental amalgam or composite materials.“.

Let’s look at what independent Consumer Reports has to say. They covered the subject a number of times. This is what they said:

• “The mercury scare: if a dentist wants to remove your fillings because they contain mercury, watch your wallet”
    • “The mercury in your mouth: You can avoid amalgam fillings or even replace the ones you have, but should you?”
    • Finally, they wrote an interesting article. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a link, but the title says it all: “Health Schemes, Scams, and Frauds”.

Closing remark: dentists may earn a lot of money by offering their patients to have their amalgam fillings removed. Yet, only a few dentists actively offer this treatment.

Elsewhere on this site, people say things like “vaccines are not necessary, doctors only apply them because that makes them some nice easy money”. Surprisingly, this same line of thought is suddenly forgotten when it comes to amalgam fillings. Of course, it would be perfectly plausible to state that “amalgam removal is not necessary, dentists only do that because that makes them some nice easy money”.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

dvjorge;41301 wrote: Mercury is one of the most toxic substances on the earth, surpassed only by plutonium, according to Dr. Paul Gilbert of the Academy of General Dentistry. Mercury amalgam dental fillings have been used in the United States since 1833 and 50 percent of their composition is toxic liquid mercury.

A fact (yes, a fact!) that is often ignored, is that the properties of any substance greatly depend on the chemical form of that substance.

I already gave the well-known example of sodium: a highly corrosive, even explosive material. 50 percent of the composition of table salt (and sea salt) is toxic sodium! The other 50 percent of the composition of table salt (and sea salt) is the equally toxic chlorine!

So, please make your choice:

• Either you stick with your finding that 50 percent of amalgam is mercury, mercury is toxic, thus amalgams are toxic.
      If you stick with this finding, please note the very same thing about salt.
    • Or you admit that salt is not as toxic because both the sodium (50% of its composition) and the chlorine (also 50% of its composition) have a chemical form that is different from the chemical form of free sodium and chlorine, and thus table salt is not that toxic after all.
      If you acknowledge this fact, please note the very same thing about amalgams.

Would you be so kind to inform you which choice you made?

Cheesey

Thank you very much for your detailed insight, Floggi! I appreciate the time you put into your response for me.

Cheesey

Floggi;42206 wrote:  
    Elsewhere on this site, people say things like “vaccines are not necessary, doctors only apply them because that makes them some nice easy money”.

Just a passing thought on this last statement for anyone who is interested. I would say vaccines are most definitely necessary. The NHS is not in the habit of paying for things that it needn’t (or often things that it needs), and the recent outbreak of measles in Wales could have been prevented had parents not been scared of MMR.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Progress on Mercury Medicine’ is closed to new replies.