Progress on Mercury Medicine

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Progress on Mercury Medicine

This topic contains 98 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

It’s been awhile since I’ve returned to the forum. I can’t say I’m not better for getting away from the forum, it can hurt just as much as it can help…so many stories of people struggling for answers doesn’t lend itself to much optimism.

I’ve been pursuing mercury toxicity and I wanted to share my story because it may help others.

I had my metal fillings removed and started medicine for mercury poisoning, and I’ve seen great results so far.

I am thankful to have learned that Able had success with a strict recovery diet, that Raster is almost healed, and that Jorge is having success with mercury chelation and now S. Boulardii.

The most important aspect the forum diet gave me is the ability to determine what foods give me problems. That is the bedrock for my survival while weathering this storm of recurring illness.

I think it’s important to share success stories, as that is all we have to go off of since there is no drug company doing research for people in our situations.

My thinking is I want to try protocols that have proven success. Able has proven he can recover from Candida and live a low sugar lifestyle without any issues. Jorge has proven a lot of progress is possible with S. Boulardii and chelation, enemas, etc. If Jorge proves a full recovery is possible with S. Boulardii, then I might add that to my rotation.

Out of all my searching, mercury chelation has the most consistent recovery stories, it is considered safe at this time, and there are many stories of people eating what they want.
    There are many protocols out there. I believe if you have an underlying health issue, it must be addressed in order to properly recover from yeast issues.

The good news is mercury toxicity is largely curable and the progress you gain while doing chelation is permanent. If you do it for 6 months and stop, whatever progress you’ve made up to that point should stick.

The tough news is that it can take 1-3 years to fully recover. There are many recovery stories. I’ve included some at the end of this post.

Mercury toxicity is recognized by western medicine and so is Chelation. The problem is that it is very hard to diagnose with blood tests. A hair test is your best bet. Most people can not find a doctor to do this, so they order the hair test themselves, which is what I did following the yahoo group’s instructions.

What led me to pursuing mercury toxicity?

1.My autoimmune disease called grover’s disease has been linked to mercury. The only reported successful cures have come from chelation or a drug called LDN.

2.I’ve been sick with all these problems since 2010. I came back from a trip to Destin, FL beach right after the BP oil spill. I had a lot of fish. The day I came back from the beach (my last day as a healthy young man with clear eyes and a full heart) is when I fell ill, and haven’t recovered since. It started with night sweats and numb extremities, which subsided after 2 months, then was followed by recurring symptoms below.

3.From 2010 to 2012 my symptoms would come and go. I was diagnosed with many things…repeated UTIs, kidney cysts, tooth decay, ingrown hairs that had to be cut out of my jaw line, repeated skin cancer episodes, ulcers, loose stools, excessive sweating, panic attacks, severe depression and fatigue. My body was completely confused and attacking itself. I would have extreme months of issues, then the storm would clear for a few months, then the issues would just keep coming back.

4.In 2012, I was having some terrible tooth pain. So I had 1 of my 2 metal fillings replaced (I learned later that removing old metal fillings improperly will vaporize the mercury and leak it into your system, poisoning you further). Within days after the procedure, I became manic. First I was extremely optimistic, then I crashed within days and found myself experiencing the same extreme symptoms of when I first got sick in 2010. Night sweats, full blown depression, fatigue and numb extremities returned.

5.After searching the internet, the only thing I could find that linked up to my symptoms was Candida. So I went on the forum diet. Doing the diet helped keep my symptoms somewhat manageable, but after 7 months my autoimmune disease wasn’t healing and my depression and racing thoughts were too much for me to bear at the already stressful time in my life (divorce).

6.My skin condition and the fact that I became manic and sick again after the unsafe filling removal made me start to research mercury toxicity.

Mercury poisoning is hard to diagnose, and even harder to treat. Chelation is the process of removing metals from the body and the brain. People in the 80s and 90s used IV chelation treatments a couple of times a week and had horrible/worsening results. Then about 10 years ago, Dr. Andy Cutler is a scientist who updated chelation protocols to a much safer oral pill chelation process. It’s complicated, but you basically take a pill every few hours to stir up the mercury and you eliminate it through the bowels.

Chelation can take years to get all of the mercury out of your system. So, I decided to loosen up my diet and follow what other chelation protocol people are doing. Basically a candida/paleo diet. I avoid sugar, starch, alcohol, carbs and gluten. Ocassionally I will have a glass of wine which I’ve learned I can only handle one glass…anything more drains me completely.
    I flew out to Seattle to see a nurse, Julie Anderson, who specializes in Andy Cutler’s protocol, and she prescribed the first chelator, DMPS. People w/ yeast issues should avoid DMSA (thanks Jorge!).

THE FIRST DAY ON DMPS at only 5 mgs and I could immediately tell a HUGE DIFFERENCE. My racing thoughts subsided, my brain fog diminished. She said most people feel more cognitively clear and generally better overall with DMPS, but I was AMAZED at the results within the first day.

And here’s the best part, I took a week off from DMPS, and guess what? THE PROGRESS STAYED WITH ME!!!!!! This has given me hope that this could be the cure for me finally.

Things that made this possible:

1. Amalgam Illness book by Dr. Andy Cutler
    2. Yahoo Low Dose Frequent Chelation Group has all the instructions you need to get a hair test and analyze the results with group experts.
    3. Getting the Mercury Out book by Aine Ni Cheallaigh. It is a story of a young woman who recovered using chelation. In the book, she eventually found the nurse in Seattle, Julie Anderson, who helped her to recover.
    4. Julie Anderson – she has a website if you google Julie Anderson & Seattle. I flew out and met with her. She can prescribe medicine and supplements. She suggested I use whatever diet gives me the least amount of issues. I saw her face to face once and obtained a prescription for DMPS from a compounding pharmacy there in WA. When I need refills, I call them and they ship them to me across the country. Julie is available for phone or skype follow consults to monitor my chelation protocol.
    5. Diet – most chelation protocol users go low carb to control the symptoms while they chelate to resolve the issues.
    6. Mercury Undercover – google it. Documentary about why this is going under diagnosed, and more importantly, gives great graphics as to how mercury can destroy the body and the brain.
    7. This approach has allowed me to get back to my life and concentrate more on living productive and not constantly searching the internet for answers anymore.

And for due diligence, I am heading to the Mayo clinic next month for 2 days of testing and analysis to rule out any other underlying health issues. I want to make sure I’m tackling everything so I can cure myself once and for all.

And finally, the best part of my day is when I read the following progress reports from chelation that are just from the yahoo group alone…

Aine
    “I have experienced a full recovery. My imagination couldn’t even encompass the kinds of things I’m doing today. I have a brain and body that are not only healthy right now today, but I can bank on them to perform optimally on any given day. It’s a miracle.”
    “It is very obvious that ALA was doing stuff to my brain. Rounds ended and after redistribution lifted, something or other was just better. My mood became lighter, I had richer visual perception, my fatigue, stress, and depression vanished, etc.”
    Alex
    After 6 months
    “Progressing very slowly after 6 months, my body is still breaking in a number of ways. Just had my fatigue crash after stupidly thinking I could cycle for 2 miles, big mistake. 2 years ago before I was sick, I ran a 16 mile road race in just over 2 hours. What I do know for sure is the AC protocol is the right way for me, going from bedridden and not being able to spell my own name to semi functioning is a result of the AC protocol.”
    After 1 year
    “After 1 year of chelation, today I function at near normal levels. When I started, I was messed up pretty bad, mostly bedridden, unable to function for months at a time. Now my cognitive ability has returned and I would say its better today than it’s ever been, multi-level thinking, problem solving are so clear and easy. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome has gone as well.”
    Antonio
    “I am glad reading the recent progress reports of several members of the group and would like to add my two cents. The good news is that after about 15 months of chelation almost all my symptoms are gone.”
    Billy
    “It’s been 7 months since I started ALA and all symptoms have been alleviated a lot. 9 months ago I was non functional. I had trouble interacting with people, all aspects of my health went downhill. Cognitive function has been improved as well. My writing has improved.
    Physically I look like a new person. A lot of people have complimented me on how much better I look.”
    Bridget
    “After 8 rounds, symptom improvements are: depression gone, isolation gone, systemic yeast gone, weird rashes gone, feelings of doom gone, sensitivity to criticism gone, chronic fatigue is intermittent rather than constant, joint pain is less frequent, ringing in ears is less frequent, dizziness gone, brain fog gone, insecurity gone, night sweats gone, mood swings and constant worrying gone, and persistent negativity is slowly going away (I don’t have to constantly train my mind to think positive like I used to, it just stays more positive). In addition to chelators, some things that have helped speed up my recovery: I use a sauna a couple of times a week, get regular massages, sometimes every 2 weeks, lay out in the sun, take hot Epsom salt baths and exercise.”
    Dave
    “When I was having mercury trouble I would develop urticarial (small raised itchy lumps) and generalized redness and itchiness after bathing in hot water, on hot days, or after exertion. This can be extreme and usually goes away pretty quickly.
    For me, LDN (naltrexone) gave complete relief from all the autoimmune aspects of my illness, including fatigue. Basically all my autoimmunity went away completely. The first six weeks I had some side effects like headache and night sweats. The mechanism of action of LDN is not well understood, but it definitely can restore the function of the immune system by stopping autoimmunity. The headaches usually occur at the beginning, and are often explained as the reactivated immune system cleaning up viruses and bacteria. I have seen some abnormalities in my blood work corrected by LDN. My WBC, MCH, and MPV are now all back to normal since taking LDN. I think anyone with autoimmunity should try it.
    After 1.5 years, I am almost completely recovered.
    Prior to chelation, exercise or even exertion would make me quite sick. After filing removal and 40 or 50 rounds of chelation, I started to feel really good (80% recovered) and tried exercising very, very slowly. At first I did have some mercury symptoms, but they quickly went away. At that point I was able to exercise very strenuously with no negative effects. Later that year I did a 7 mile hike with 2000’ climb and descent in Yosemite.
    If I took ALA after I started exercising again, I would not be able to tolerate exercise for at least 3 or 4 weeks. Then after a couple four or five workouts (with chelation) I would feel fine again.
    All of this did seem to suggest that exercise mobilizes mercury. However, it also seemed that this mercury could be fully chelated using DMSA, and that after this was done exercise intolerance would disappear. I also saw other improvements, particularly in my digestion, after I added exercise. It seems to me that through mobilization, exercise can increase the amount of mercury which can be chelated with DMSA. I felt as much as 90% recovered when I maintain a regular schedule of chelation and exercise.”
    Dean
    “I can honestly say I’m cured. I started chelating roughly a year ago, have just finished my 39 round now at 50 DMSA and 30 ALA. It has been a month now that I feel back to normal. My energy is back to perfect. Mental symptoms resolved, mood improved, skin issues gone and so much more…
    That feeling that ‘something is deeply wrong’ has disappeared and that is the most important symptom of all to go. It is like I got slowly sick, then quickly sick, then slowly well, then quickly well and nobody noticed a thing. It is soooo nice after sooo long to have a real sense of confidence in my health again.”
    Docmanic
    “My wife has followed the same protocol, we have both seen reduction in brain fog, tinnitus, swollen tongues, hand tremors, and short term memory issues. My wife says her mind has become razor sharp…able to remember shopping lists and do difficult logic puzzles. Her hair loss has been halted and is growing back in.”
    Helen
    “I had severe depression and chronic fatigue. I thought I had early onset dementia. I didn’t know what day it was. I got lost one street from my own home. Nine months on this protocol has made me hugely better. I feel like a normal person now – that’s as good as proof as any for me. I did the treatment and it worked.”
    JP
    “I have been chelating for 10 months. The improvements are nothing short of miraculous. 12 months ago I was bed ridden, doing my best to not freak out my wife and two boys, while still trying to explain what was going on and the battle I was in.
    Like many here have expressed before, nobody really has a clue the depth of what metal toxicity takes you. Enduring the scorn & ridicule all the while trying to remain hopeful and justify the expenditure on supplements and the strict dosage schedule.
    I could list 20 debilitating symptoms that are either gone or diminished 90%. I am now looking for full time employment, something I could not even consider just a month ago. The pace of detox is excruciatingly slow and difficult for everyone to comprehend/appreciate. Yet progress is undeniable when looking over the expanse of weeks and months.”
    Jan
    “I’m on round 80 now. My only remaining issues are adrenal/thyroid and gluten allergy. Almost all my other initial mercury symptoms are gone. My son has done 122 rounds, my daughter 111 rounds and they have made 100% improvement. I’m about 95% improved.”
    Kai
    “My friend and I started chelating together. He recovered in 6 months! I took much longer. My friend and I both often heard from people asking us, how are we so able to reverse the ageing process. That is always good to hear and we know what made the difference…chelation. In the last 2 weeks, 3 people on different occasions thought I was 30, 35, and 36. I’m 50!
    Chelation and Dr. Cutler’s protocol and the invaluable support of list members here have given me my life back and more, and I cannot thank you all enough.”
    Nell
    “My experience, after 21 rounds AC protocol, is this: my brain fog is about 90% better. I’m a Cutler fan because his protocol has nearly recovered my son from autism, so I’ve been watching that slow steady, sometimes incredible, progress for a few years. But I’ve ready too many posts over the years about kids and adults doing horribly on protocols other than Cutler’s – – so even though it’s slow, it seems to be the safest.”
    Patrick
    “Chelation has saved my life. It will help you, when, possibly, everything, and almost everyone has failed you.”
    Paul
    “My life is mostly normal except for setting the alarm at night and having to taking lots of supplements and avoid some foods. But I can exercise vigorously, get my work done, have a social life, etc. My brain and energy are roughly back to normal.”
    Phil
    “I have been symptom free for a good 5 months now. I don’t know if it makes any difference to the speed of progress but before all of this happened I used to train 3-4 times per week and kept very fit. During chelation, I did have many ups and downs. I found P5P really gave me a boost, I had 10-25mg 2x day. I started to tolerate alcohol at round 80. Before this was an absolute no, even a sip of vodka at round 50ish left me very drained. At round 80-85 I started with a glass every so often of organic red wine (it has practically 0g sugar left). Now I can tolerate getting very drunk (on special occasions). Otherwise I just share a bottle of wine with my wife.
    My libido was something that came back around round 90. It would come and go before then, but at round 90 it was permanent.
    In terms of my diet now…I avoid all the polyunsaturated fats fried or in margarines, etc. I just have some udo oil, olive oil, or coconut oil with foods. I eat sourdough rye bread every other day. Rice most days, potatoes a few times, some pasta although this is the gluten free kind, just a personal choice. I can eat the odd Chinese meal or Indian meal. The odd bit of white or brown wheat based bread. Organic biscuits made with palm oil, organic flapjacks made with butter. The odd cake. This is what I always looked for when speaking to people about candida/dysbiosis…When can I go back to being normal as such or maybe put another way tolerate foods that others can. It never happened until I chelated enough.
    The last things to clear up were the digestive issues, e.g. 6 months in I could tolerate carrots, squashes, a few months later foods like leeks, garlic, onions. Then rice, 3 months after that potatoes, another 3 months bread. At this point I was a good 15 months in. Then finally casein (bovine protein). I had been fine all the way through with fermented goats milk, but could never tolerate anything from a cow.
    So I used low carb to control the symptoms with oils/fats fro calories and then chelated to resolve the issues. After 3 months I could run for 5 minutes and walk for a few miles. At first I had real recovery issues but after the first few occasions I started to tolerate exercise better. I had all the digestive issues clear gradually as mentioned above as did all the other issues.
    My weight is now normal and I weight train again. I can also work long hours. I can literally do very aggressive training again with normal recovery times and this really surprised me the most.”
    Scott
    “I am very, very close to being recovered. I don’t know how anyone without a medical degree could possibly keep up with this process. I remorse over lost life by making this my free time hobby. My wife despises me over the computer time, but doesn’t leave me over it because of the incredible change she has seen.
    After improving so greatly, I can’t imagine not getting over the last hump.”
    Shara
    “I would have terrible, excruciating digestive pain. I would eat anything and I would be in a FOUL mood afterwards, feel terrible both physically and emotionally. I tried so many diets to no avail – GAPS, Candida, Vegan, Raw Foods, Body Ecology, etc. I also used treatments for parasites, antibiotics, antifungals, etc. – – none of it fixed anything.
    Since discovered mercury and starting chelation, my digestive pain that I lived with EVERY DAY for 2 years is GONE, GONE, GONE. I have gained almost 10 pounds.
    It has been 5 months on chelation so far, and honestly, I feel like I am a miracle. Life is still not easy, but compared to last year, I have HOPE! Which is priceless.

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

I’m also doing it right now. 25mg ALA every few hours. I feel MUCH better on round than off. I got my amalgam out two months ago.

My only issue is that DMSA severely flared my candida (no big deal). ALA I haven’t taken long enough to notice.

Gotta watch your adrenals though. Chelation hits your endocrine system HARD.

titan
    Participant

tebzzz, my nurse Julie told me that I had to wait at least 3 months after filling removal before starting ALA, the chelator that crosses the blood brain barrier and removes mercury from the brain. I see you are doing it before the requisite waiting period, just FYI.

Julie also prescribed me DMPS instead of the over-the-counter chealtor DMSA. She told me to chelate continuously with DMPS, every 8 hours for 3 months, then add ALA every 3 hours for 3 days on the ALA medicine and 3 days off the medicine. I take the DMPS consistently, with no off periods unless I miss a dose, then I have to stop the medicine for 7 days before starting again.

The DMPS keeps me even and hopefully will make for a smooth addition of ALA soon.

If you can get DMPS, it can make chelation so much more bearable.

She said it’s a lifestyle change for a year or so, then you can readjust back to normal life, but focusing on your overall healthier lifestyle. Most people are done with chelation after a year or 2, and IF they ever have issues pop up in the future, they might do a few chelation rounds (weeks) and they are fine.

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

Titan, Thank you soooo much for all this information. I believe I have heavy metal issues and my doctor wants to do the IV. Now I’m thinking that isn’t such a good idea. I’m going to check out your sites. I don’t think I have mercury tho, I’m thinking I have other heavy metals. Do you know anything about other metals? Is this process only for mercury? I am an artist and have had paints containing 7 different toxic metals on my hands for years now.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I started chelation about a month ago and it has helped. I am not using any common chelation supplements and am following my naturopath’s protocol. I am chelating with homeopathics, namely Pleo Citro (citric acid formula) which slowly/slightly removes some of the metals from the body while getting my pH to normalize.

Soon I will start chollera (could be cholera) and actually start chelating the pathogenic candida out of my body (this is how my naturopath describes it) as well as cell wall deficient microbes. At the same time I will be using a homeopathic that destroys the polysaccharide sacks/walls that protect candida. I will share more in a month or so once I start on this.

Titan: are you monitoring you pH levels and have you done any research relating to pH and chelation? My naturopath feels that you shouldn’t start chelation unless you are pH neutral because if you aren’t, then you will chelate too many of the beneficial minerals you need for your general health.

Also are you supplementing yourself with minerals before, during, and after the chelation? This is very important, otherwise you can develop arthritis, bone problems, etc.

I am sorry that the gulf seafood harmed you and this is saddening. There was likely all sorts of crap in that water. If you want one major source of heavy metals its seafood which is the end of the drain for our pollution.

Edit: One thing to keep in mind is that candida actually feeds on heavy metals so if you reduce the heavy metals, then this will in turn reduce the candida numbers.

-raster

Flipper;41078 wrote: Titan, Thank you soooo much for all this information. I believe I have heavy metal issues and my doctor wants to do the IV. Now I’m thinking that isn’t such a good idea. I’m going to check out your sites. I don’t think I have mercury tho, I’m thinking I have other heavy metals. Do you know anything about other metals? Is this process only for mercury? I am an artist and have had paints containing 7 different toxic metals on my hands for years now.

Don’t do the IV. It’s pretty sketchy. Cutler’s protocol is MUCH safer and can run you 50-100 per month. If you can afford it get DMPS. Although DMSA and ALA will make you fine. ALA is actually all you need. DMSA also gets lead(moreso than mercury actually), ALA gets a bunch too. I would focus on the mercury and you’ll get a bunch of crap out. Mercury is also known to screw up mineral distribution (Its 16 or so times heavier than water w/ the same volume. Probably why its so poisonous. Its also why its used in thermometers and other things)

raster;41080 wrote: I started chelation about a month ago and it has helped. I am not using any common chelation supplements and am following my naturopath’s protocol. I am chelating with homeopathics, namely Pleo Citro (citric acid formula) which slowly/slightly removes some of the metals from the body while getting my pH to normalize.

Soon I will start chollera (could be cholera) and actually start chelating the pathogenic candida out of my body (this is how my naturopath describes it) as well as cell wall deficient microbes. At the same time I will be using a homeopathic that destroys the polysaccharide sacks/walls that protect candida. I will share more in a month or so once I start on this.

Titan: are you monitoring you pH levels and have you done any research relating to pH and chelation? My naturopath feels that you shouldn’t start chelation unless you are pH neutral because if you aren’t, then you will chelate too many of the beneficial minerals you need for your general health.

Also are you supplementing yourself with minerals before, during, and after the chelation? This is very important, otherwise you can develop arthritis, bone problems, etc.

I am sorry that the gulf seafood harmed you and this is saddening. There was likely all sorts of crap in that water. If you want one major source of heavy metals its seafood which is the end of the drain for our pollution.

Edit: One thing to keep in mind is that candida actually feeds on heavy metals so if you reduce the heavy metals, then this will in turn reduce the candida numbers.

-raster

I really recommend andy cutlers protocol. Its totally safe (by that I mean 99%) if you follow it. This is one of those things I think those homeopathics are a bunch of bullshit. Cilantro has one thiol bond (what grabs the metals) while DMSA, DMPS, and ALA have 2. It will remove some, but mostly stir them around.

Cutler’s protocol you have a low dose in you constantly & it slowly goes out.

I also think that pH crap is a bunch of bullshit. Most likely a guess on his part. All the pH is is the concentration of hydrogen ions in a liquid. I really don’t see how thiol bonds binding to metals and hydrogen atoms work. Go figure. Either way I’d rather get this shit out now with the beneficial things and take more beneficial minerals.

It doesn’t really feed. But mercury does lower immunity. And the way mercury, the chelating agents, and yeast correspond makes me think there is a strong link between candida and mercury

titan;41077 wrote: tebzzz, my nurse Julie told me that I had to wait at least 3 months after filling removal before starting ALA, the chelator that crosses the blood brain barrier and removes mercury from the brain. I see you are doing it before the requisite waiting period, just FYI.

Julie also prescribed me DMPS instead of the over-the-counter chealtor DMSA. She told me to chelate continuously with DMPS, every 8 hours for 3 months, then add ALA every 3 hours for 3 days on the ALA medicine and 3 days off the medicine. I take the DMPS consistently, with no off periods unless I miss a dose, then I have to stop the medicine for 7 days before starting again.

The DMPS keeps me even and hopefully will make for a smooth addition of ALA soon.

If you can get DMPS, it can make chelation so much more bearable.

She said it’s a lifestyle change for a year or so, then you can readjust back to normal life, but focusing on your overall healthier lifestyle. Most people are done with chelation after a year or 2, and IF they ever have issues pop up in the future, they might do a few chelation rounds (weeks) and they are fine.

Yeah your correct. I found a post andy cuter (its his protocol) that stated 3 months is just a rough estimate. Its more like 2-3, & when you think you can handle it. I’m only 20 (partied a little too much) & I can take a lot more stress so I started a little earlier. I’m doing fine.

I actually ordered some DMPS from detoxitab. Its going to be here in a few weeks, ill see what happens. Overall though I feel a lot cleaner, though a lot more tired the further I am into a round. This is round 4-5.

I got offered some from my doctor but its way too expensive at a compounding pharmacy. My parents will pay for tons doctors appointments & perscriptions but think I’m crazy when I’m doing things that actually work.

Overall though I recommend chelation to everyone. Worst case you waste 10 bucks on a bottle of ALA. Everyone has toxins in them.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Great Post !!!

One of the best I have seen since long time !

I will comment it.

Yes, correct chelation protocols have been a huge miracle for many people. You are correct, Andy Cutler system is the best you can find. It isn’t only the most effective but the safest of all of them.

Oh yeah ! I own The Amalgam Illness, Getting The Mercury Out, and have been an active member of the Frequent Doses Chelation Yahoo Group since the last 3 years.

I have too much to say about chelation that can write a very long post, but I am tired of all it.

Anyway, what you need to know is going with Cutler system is your best decision. Don’t take cilantro and chlorella ( one thiol chelators ) Cilantro cross the BBB and since it doesn’t bind strong, it may carry mercury into your brain. DANGEROUS !! Real chelators are two thiols.

DMSA and DMPS don’t cross the BBB. They are safe after amalgam removal. However, ALA isn’t safe even when it has an strong bond with Mercury. ALA penetrates the brain and transport mercury.

You need to wait at least 3 months after amalgam removal to begin ALA. It is preferable to chelate with DMSA or DMPS during the previous months before to incorporate ALA.

People with candida overgrowth should avoid DMSA since it lowers the white blood count temporary.

ALA is vital to chelate mercury. It is the best oral mercury chelator available. DMSA or DMPS never complete a mercury chelation protocol without ALA. ALA can be used alone and is able to chelate mercury from any part of your body and to give your precious health back overtime.

Thanks for this incredible post.

Jorge.

dvjorge;41086 wrote: Great Post !!!

One of the best I have seen since long time !

I will comment it.

Yes, correct chelation protocols have been a huge miracle for many people. You are correct, Andy Cutler system is the best you can find. It isn’t only the most effective but the safest of all of them.

Oh yeah ! I own The Amalgam Illness, Getting The Mercury Out, and have been an active member of the Frequent Doses Chelation Yahoo Group since the last 3 years.

I have too much to say about chelation that can write a very long post, but I am tired of all it.

Anyway, what you need to know is going with Cutler system is your best decision. Don’t take cilantro and chlorella ( one thiol chelators ) Cilantro cross the BBB and since it doesn’t bind strong, it may carry mercury into your brain. DANGEROUS !! Real chelators are two thiols.

DMSA and DMPS don’t cross the BBB. They are safe after amalgam removal. However, ALA isn’t safe even when it has an strong bond with Mercury. ALA penetrates the brain and transport mercury.

You need to wait at least 3 months after amalgam removal to begin ALA. It is preferable to chelate with DMSA or DMPS during the previous months before to incorporate ALA.

People with candida overgrowth should avoid DMSA since it lowers the white blood count temporary.

ALA is vital to chelate mercury. It is the best oral mercury chelator available. DMSA or DMPS never complete a mercury chelation protocol without ALA. ALA can be used alone and is able to chelate mercury from any part of your body and to give your precious health back overtime.

Thanks for this incredible post.

Jorge.

Yeah, Stay away from the DMSA. I lost a few weeks of progress on my candida after about a week on it.

titan
    Participant

raster;41080 wrote:

-raster

I am following a protocol provided by Julie Anderson, who follows Dr. Andy Cutler’s protocol. I will look into the pH and chelation further, but neither Julie nor Dr. Cutler make a huge statement about it in their websites and books. Dr. Cutler suggests starting chelation and not waiting to control yeast or other issues…

I am supplementing everyday using nurse Julie’s recommendations. stuff for my immune system, adrenals, vitamins and minerals, liver, and probiotics.

I am taking a break from kefir and antifungals because this is going to be a long haul for me and I have to keep my sanity. I’ve realized that as long as I’m not trying to kill candida, my symptoms are somewhat livable with a low carb/sugar diet and supplements, and that’s all I need to make it through 2 years of chelation.

I mean my symptoms are still with me, but with hope of a cure on the horizon, I am able to keep a more positive outlook throughout the day and get on with life. I’ve added non-organic chicken once or twice a day…usually with a salad and greens veggies, onions, avocado. I have cut back on eggs to only some every other day or so. For now I’m eating out more at restaurants, just ordering salads w/ chicken. In the morning I have water, decaf coffee (going to have to quit this soon), greek yoghurt w/ a few blueberries. I’ve also had a lot of gluten free stuff like bread, muffins, & waffles (more on quitting this in a bit)…The more I get into the trenches of chelation, it seems I will have to minimize my yeast symptoms so I can push my body to increase the dosage of ALA that I can handle…which means sooner or later I’m going to have to get strict again on the diet and load up on more organic veggies and juicing so I can handle the side effects of increasing the dosage of ALA.

Its just nice to take a break after 10 months on the strict forum diet and realize I might eventually find a cure one day. I have to be patient. My current diet is not the best, but it’s allowed me to take a much needed break so I can once again try to break through this wall of illness.

Its also been healthy for me to put all of this in my side mirror so I can focus on meeting life’s obligations again. I’ve worked hard to build a career and a network, and the antifungals were messing me up too much mentally. I just needed to come up for air.

titan
    Participant

Flipper;41078 wrote: Titan, Thank you soooo much for all this information. I believe I have heavy metal issues and my doctor wants to do the IV. Now I’m thinking that isn’t such a good idea. I’m going to check out your sites. I don’t think I have mercury tho, I’m thinking I have other heavy metals. Do you know anything about other metals? Is this process only for mercury? I am an artist and have had paints containing 7 different toxic metals on my hands for years now.

Chelation works for other metals as well. Try to take in all the research patiently.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I note you said that the hair mineral analysis is a reliable test? I have an amalgam filling but my hair mineral analysis shows negligible levels of mercury. Should I assume, then, that mercury is very unlikely to be an issue for me?

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Mercury release from amalgam fillings is negligible. If you live in a large city with lots of car traffic, chances are that your mercury intake from car exhaust is at least ten times higher than the small amounts of mercury that may leak from your fillings.

Replacing existing fillings, though, is what produces a short, but very high exposure to mercury. So the problem with amalgam fillings is not in having them, but in removing them.

But far more important than all this is the mercury intake through fish. Especially fatty fish at the top of the food chain. Mercury accumulates in organisms, and therefore organisms (fish) at the top of the food chain contain more mercury than other organisms.

So, if you want to reduce your exposure to mercury:

• Most important: reduce your consumption of fish at the top of the food chain.
    • Live and work in non-industrialized areas, well away from city centers, and certainly not close to roads with lots of traffic.
    • If you have amalgam in your teeth, leave it alone; only remove it when you have to, that is, when the filling becomes leaky or otherwise defective.

And yes, hair mineral test is very reliable. One must take care, though, that clean hair is measured. Otherwise walking through a city during rush hour before submitting hair for the hair mineral test would cause the test to indicate very high levels of pollution.

So your real exposure levels are at most equal to the levels as measured through a hair mineral test, and possibly lower, depending on the cleanliness of the hairs and of the test.

SomeDay
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 42

OK so both Jorge and you are using cutler chelation for detox. My main problems are aluminum and mercury, maybe fluoride. I am well aware since a year after frantic research in the Internet (I know its not healthy but has gave me hope and answers) that heavy metals are at the core of almost every freaking single chronic illness, especially if you are not genetically sick. From vaccines to amalgams, this stuff its the cause of being depressive, obsessive, having insomnia or dysbiosis. Heavy metals cause autism in childs and autistic symptoms in adults, period.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Fluoride is not a heavy metal. In fact, fluoride is not a metal at all.

It is chemically related to chloride (which makes up 50% of ordinary sea salt if you count atoms, and more than 50% if you count either volume or weight).

It is also chemically related to bromide (I don’t know what biological purpose bromide may have), and to iodide, which is vital to the thyroid.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Thank you very much for your very thoughtful and well presented response, Floggi. That, and my trip to the dentist this morning, has put my mind at rest!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Progress on Mercury Medicine’ is closed to new replies.