Probotics

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MEADOW 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

MEADOW
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

Hello!
    I have been following the Candida Diet for almost a week. I am feeling better.
    I would like to know the following or get some advise.

1. Although I am taking a probotic (liquid). I am wondering if I can do better in
    this department. I read that the probotic should have a delivery system.
    Enteric coated? If so….would my health food store carry this? It should be cold.
    Are there are brands that someone can recommend?

2.I am high raw. And wondering if my green smoothies (kale, banana, apples,
    oranges, water, ice, spirulina) along with eating nuts, seeds, avocado,
    may have caused this outbreak?
    I have been making my smoothies with (kale, orange, a little homemade almond milk,
    spirulina, 1/2 avocado, water and ice.)
    Any remarks to this change for now?

3. I am confused on the fruit part of this diet.
    I have eliminated all fruits except oranges and granny smith apples.
    Are these fine for part 1 of diet?
    When I am ready for part 2 of diet….should I introduce one fruit at a time
    to see my reaction?

thank you for your help and guidance.

meadow

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Meadow, welcome to the forum.
    Replies to your questions are below.

1. Although I am taking a probiotic (liquid). I am wondering if I can do better in
    this department. I read that the probiotic should have a delivery system.
    Enteric coated? If so….would my health food store carry this? It should be cold.
    Are there are brands that someone can recommend?

Reply: What is the name brand and strain count of the liquid probiotic?
    One of the best brands of probiotics is Ultimate Flora Critical Colon BifidoMAX 50 billion 9-Strains Probiotic. Taking one capsule a day for about two weeks, then moving up to two capsules, one morning and one at night on an empty stomach should work well. The Vitamin Shoppe sells this both in their stores and online. So does Amazon.
    I’ve listed the 50-billion count because you’re already taking a probiotic, but I really need to know the brand and count before we know exactly how many count you should be taking. This probiotic also comes in 30 and 80-billion counts.

2. I am high raw. And wondering if my green smoothies (kale, banana, apples,
    oranges, water, ice, spirulina) along with eating nuts, seeds, avocado,
    may have caused this outbreak? I have been making my smoothies with (kale, orange, a little homemade almond milk, spirulina, 1/2 avocado, water and ice.)
    Any remarks to this change for now?

Reply: Remove from your diet the bananas, apples, and oranges. These are continually feeding the Candida and therefore allowing the infestation to grow and thrive. I would also avoid nuts in general until stage 2 (this really depends on how long you decide to remain in stage 1). In addition, your homemade almond milk should be alright, but when it’s commercially-made it contains tapioca starch which will feed the Candida.

3. I am confused on the fruit part of this diet.
    I have eliminated all fruits except oranges and granny smith apples.
    Are all these fine for part 1 of diet? When I am ready for part 2 of diet….should I introduce one fruit at a time to see my reaction?

Reply: Definitely remove all the fruit for the time being. During stage 2 you can introduce Granny Smith apples and wait quite a while to see what happens before you try adding another one. Look online for a list of the sugar-content of fruit, and choose the lowest content ones only. Add them very, very slowly watching for reactions.

Good luck.
    Able

MEADOW

Thank you Able!! Thanks for the quick response.
    I am at work now…but when I get home tonight I will send you the name and count of the probotics I am taking.
    Goodness regarding the fruit. I’ve read so many articles about the fruit /Candida it can drive you crazy.
    I will go “fruitless” and “nutless” for a while and see what happens, then introduce a low glycemic fruit at a later date.

I will respond to question #1 later tonight or tomorrow regarding the probotics.
    Thank you
    meadow

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Meadow,

Relating to the oranges…it typically contains lots of molds/fungi which feed candida. The same goes for all fruits in general, but oranges are the worst. You could maybe do a small amount of blueberries and half a granny smith apple per day, but I would wait a few weeks.

Relating to the probiotic, it is recommended that you start taking this a few weeks into the diet. However it is the most beneficial thing you can do to reintroduce healthy good flora into your gut.

Dr. Mccomb talks about this in his radio show appearance titled “is candida making your life miserable?”
    http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

He also states that fruits are allowed…but I still think they contain too many molds, fungi and sugars myself. I have just been eating a very small amount on the diet and am waiting for stage 2 to eat more of these.

My naturopathic doctor feels that probiotics with HMF-human micro flora are best for helping you recover from candida because it reintroduces human created flora and not bovine based strands. You may want to consider a prebiotic before a probiotic as well because it will lay a good foundation for recovery.
    http://www.professionalsupplementcenter.com/SeroyalGenestraHMFForteCapsules.htm

Relating to the juicing; Dr. Mccomb says that this condenses the amount of sugar found in fruit and is not recommended. It is best to let your body digest the food for you.

Also I am no candida expert so take any suggestions I make with a grain of salt. I recommend visiting a naturopathic doctor for best results; one that specializes in candida and follows many of the guidelines given on this site.

MEADOW

raster:
    Thank you raster for your input. I mostly do smoothies. But I also do alot of juicing too (greens, celery, cucs, etc) No carrots for now.

I am understanding now that eating in this phase #1 needs to be simple.

Prebotic? Interesting. I will need to look into that.

Able:
    I went to Whole Foods for my lunch hour. I found the Ultimate Flora Critical Care you were talking about…(I did not buy it yet.
    But on the shelf next to that was the vaginal support 50 billion.
    What is your thoughts on that?

I read something you wrote on another thread. That the vaginal flora should
    be acidic. Do you think I could be too alkaline? My urine test strip reads 7.0

Able: Why do you mention that taking a multi vitamin is not recommended? Sorry
    I don’t remember your exact words.

Able: Is having fresh grapefruits just a benificial as the grapefruit seed
    extract? Your thoughts?

Sorry for so many questions. I am new to Candida.
    I am early 50’s, have finished menopause.
    I do appreciate your thoughts and insights

meadow

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

Hi Meadow,

Based on my experience, I do not recommend the Ultimate Flora 50 billion probiotic. I have been taking it for 20 days now, and all my IBS symptoms have become severely worse. I have been constipated and bloated for over 2 weeks now.

Considering it’s quite expensive, I’ll be looking into getting a refund from the company and looking into Dr. Ohhira’s probiotics instead.

MEADOW

Able,
    The probotics Iam currently taking is Nature’s Life Acidophilus. 9 strains of probotics. This is a liquid. Plus it has full amino profile.
    Your thoughts.

Meadow

MEADOW

Piña, thank you for your comment. I appreciate it.
    Meadow

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

MEADOW wrote: Able, The probotics Iam currently taking is Nature’s Life Acidophilus. 9 strains of probotics. This is a liquid. Plus it has full amino profile. Your thoughts. Meadow

Hello, Meadow.

Reply: That brand may be alright for anyone who doesn’t have yeast or Candida problems, but since it contains a strawberry concentrate, unfiltered apple juice, and pasteurized honey, all of which feed the Candida albicans, it would probably do more harm than good . Labels – you really have to concentrate on every ingredient on a label when you have a Candida infestation.

Quote: “… on the shelf next to that was the vaginal support 50 billion. What is your thoughts on that?”

Reply: Any of the Renew Life formulas contain high quality probiotics. If you feel that this type will help your situation more than the colon formula will, just try it. The beneficial bacteria it contains can’t do any harm.

Quote: I read something you wrote on another thread. That the vaginal flora should be acidic. Do you think I could be too alkaline? My urine test strip reads 7.0”

Reply: First of all you can’t trust pH test strips.
    Any woman who has a vaginal yeast infestation, the vaginal area will be over-alkalized, this can’t be changed until the Candida are gone. This is done with strong probiotics, kefir, and organic yogurt, either made at home or Greek organic.

Quote: “Why do you mention that taking a multi vitamin is not recommended? Sorry
    I don’t remember your exact words.”

Reply: I’ve yet to find a multiple vitamin which contains the correct ratios of specific vitamins, and which usually contain unsafe so-called supplements such as certain enzymes which the human body doesn’t even produce. Taking such an unbalanced ratio of especially B vitamins is not at all safe for the health of the human body when used on a regular basis as it causes the entire ratio of the nutrients of the human body to become out of balance.

Quote: “Is having fresh grapefruits just a beneficial as the grapefruit seed extract? Your thoughts?”

Reply: No it’s not, because the GFSE is a concentrated extract and therefore hundreds of times stronger than the fruit itself. If you take this, I wouldn’t waste my money on more than one bottle as this is an antifungal that Candida adapts to rather quickly.

No problem, Meadow, just hope this will help.
    Able

MEADOW

Thanks Able,
    I appreciate the information on all my questions.
    Meadow
    P.s. I made coconut muffins this afternoon, they turned out pretty well.

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

Great! I am glad I finally found some info.Thanks again.

Accredited High school Diploma Online

MEADOW

I bought the Ultimate Flora Critical Care and will start taking these today.
    I will let you know if I experience anything negative while taking these.

meadow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Probotics’ is closed to new replies.